Bank of America does the limbo some more...

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
How low ... can you go ...

Bank of America 'called grieving widow 48 times a day to remind her of husband's debt' | Mail Online

Bank of America bombarded a grieving widow with calls up to 48 times a day to remind her that her recently deceased husband had missed a mortgage payment, it is claimed.
Deborah Crabtree, from Honolulu, Hawaii, is suing the bank after she said she was called by debt collectors as often as every 15 minutes including during the wake for her husband.
According to papers filed in Hawaii, Mrs Crabtree told the bank that she would pay the debt as soon as she received her husband's life insurance pay out, but the bank continued to threaten to foreclose on her home.

I think BofA are a bunch of asshats who will spend $1,000 to make $100. Usually on the backs of their customers. Anyone who is still with them are either willfully ignorant, or have no viable choices.

However, she was behind on her payments. The bank called her. Whoopee. From a companies perspective, any company, if they stopped trying to collect on a debt everytime they got a sob story that they have no way of verifying, that company would be out of business. Companies can lie. So can people. It's amazing what stories people will fabricate in order to try and get out of paying a debt. So I don't fault the company for not believing the widow.

And the 48 times thing? I'd have to see some verification other than the word of the widow.

Forum List

Back