Ban concealed guns

I don't feel the need to carry a concealed weapon because I'm a large man and not likely to be attacked.

But women, and smaller men, and the elderly, have a right to defend themselves and a gun is needed to help even the odds.
Anybody that wants to even the odds is a fool. I was trained to seek, create and use force multipliers, to achieve a decisive advantage. A large part is often between the ears. Not sure about you.

Assume you are 74 years old, a candidate for a hip replacement, suffer from degenerative disk disease, are overweight and out of shape and have COPD. What force multipliers would you seek or create if attacked by a thug in his 20s armed with a gun or knife.

Critical thinking isn't part of his resume.........

I really don’t have a problem with open carry but I think any concealed gun must be banned !!

I see too many insane guys with concealed permits
Maybe if buffoon Biden wins : he will use executive action to outlaw all concealed guns

I don’t feel safe !!

Open carry is more dangerous.

If they can see I have a gun, they can walk up to me, and put a gun in my face, and take my gun.

In fact, we have had this happen. A guy walking down the street with his open carry, and a man walked up, and put a gun in his face. He then stole the gun, and left. There was nothing the guy could do.

Conceal carry is the only way you can actually defend yourself, because no one knows you have it.

And especially in the 'defund the police' age, where cities are just allowing unrestricted lawlessness... yeah, I'm going to have my conceal and carry.
If Biden wins ..I may have to get a revolver

They want to ban revolvers too...don't fool yourself....

Magazine bans are nothing more than gun bans without having to vote to ban the guns....and uninformed Americans don't understand this.....or don't care.

A proposed bill in Oregon would limit ammo purchases in the Beaver State to only 20 rounds a month, and outlaw magazines capable of holding more than five rounds. It would also raise the minimum age to purchase any firearm to 21 and require a permit to do so.
-----
According to the Statesman Journal, there would be no compensation for surrendered or destroyed mags.

There is a clause that exempts tubular magazines, such as those found on lever-actions and .22 caliber firearms, but there is no provision for revolvers, which means that Oregonians would have to surrender their six-shooters.
A revolver literally from the mid- to late 1800s would be considered illegal.

I really don’t have a problem with open carry but I think any concealed gun must be banned !!

Maybe if buffoon Biden wins : he will use executive action to outlaw all concealed guns

I don’t feel safe !!

If they can see I have a gun, they can walk up to me, and put a gun in my face, and take my gun.

In fact, we have had this happen. A guy walking down the street with his open carry, and a man walked up, and put a gun in his face. He then stole the gun, and left. There was nothing the guy could do.

Conceal carry is the only way you can actually defend yourself, because no one knows you have it.

And especially in the 'defund the police' age, where cities are just allowing unrestricted lawlessness... yeah, I'm going to have my conceal and carry.

Magazine bans are nothing more than gun bans without having to vote to ban the guns....and uninformed Americans don't understand this.....or don't care.

A proposed bill in Oregon would limit ammo purchases in the Beaver State to only 20 rounds a month, and outlaw magazines capable of holding more than five rounds. It would also raise the minimum age to purchase any firearm to 21 and require a permit to do so.
-----
According to the Statesman Journal, there would be no compensation for surrendered or destroyed mags.

There is a clause that exempts tubular magazines, such as those found on lever-actions and .22 caliber firearms, but there is no provision for revolvers, which means that Oregonians would have to surrender their six-shooters.

If this law were to pass it would process through the court system and likely would be found unconstitutional.

If not it is my bet that a high percentage of people in Oregon would refuse to turn in their firearms. I doubt if the police would be all that enthusiastic about trying to confiscate them either. They have enough problems with people who own firearms illegally to worry about what had been legal gun owners.

Open carry
No conceal

Why would you treat anyone any differently depending on whether they are carrying openly or concealed?
I live in a very volcanic city where things go bad fast
If I get into an argument and I see the guy has a gun- then I will diffuse and walk away . Sometimes it’s more difficult and I don’t what to get shot because some “ genetically damaged “ nut leaves me zero choice

An argument about what? You want to protect your ability to verbally assault someone without consequences?
I am a very non violent guy but I am constantly provoked all the time by trash customers in my store and cars cut you off on the Road
you might find that carrying a concealed weapon is more likely to be a factor in avoiding confrontation.

And so what if some idiot cuts you off in traffic? Just ignore it that other guy didn't pick you to cut off he's just an asshole.

IMO you need to cultivate a little maturity

I don’t feel safe !!

-----

If this law were to pass it would process through the court system and likely would be found unconstitutional.

If not it is my bet that a high percentage of people in Oregon would refuse to turn in their firearms. I doubt if the police would be all that enthusiastic about trying to confiscate them either. They have enough problems with people who own firearms illegally to worry about what had been legal gun owners.

How do you figure it would be ruled UnConstitutional? Left wing activists in judges robes have already defied the Supreme Court on rifle and magazine bans in the 9th,4th, 2nd circuits...making up rulings as they go......and if biden wins, he will be able to replace Breyer and likely Thomas...putting the Supreme Court in the anti-gun column again where, because of Roberts, the court will refuse to slap down the lower courts when they make those unConstitutional rulings.....

I don’t feel safe !!

-----

It isn't about confiscating the guns....that isn't how they will do it.

First thing they will do is pass gun registration....which has always been the first step to gun banning and confiscation.....this is how it was done in Germany, France, Britain, Australia, Canada...even in New York and California for various types of gun...

Then, once they have the registration list, they will pass the ban, and through the left wing activists in judges robes, they will be declared constitutional...

Then, they will wait......

And every interaction with the police will become a felony interaction...

Citizen: Thanks officer, that party next door is really loud and I have to get up in the morning...

Cop: Sir, I am placing you under arrest. Apparently, you never turned in your 6 shot revolver, we have a ban on any magazine over 5 shots in this state. You are now under arrest for felony possession of a gun with a high capacity limit.....
------

Citizen: Is there a problem officer, I know I was about 5 miles over the limit..........

Cop: Sir, step out of the car....besides being 5 miles over the limit, apparently you never turned in your illegal gun....

Citizen: What illegal gun? What are you talking about?

Cop: From our records you never turned in your 6 shot, western style revolver, so I have to arrest you for felony gun possession.....

That is how it will be done.....

I don’t feel safe !!

-----

How do you figure it would be ruled UnConstitutional? Left wing activists in judges robes have already defied the Supreme Court on rifle and magazine bans in the 9th,4th, 2nd circuits...making up rulings as they go......and if biden wins, he will be able to replace Breyer and likely Thomas...putting the Supreme Court in the anti-gun column again where, because of Roberts, the court will refuse to slap down the lower courts when they make those unConstitutional rulings.....

Yes, if Biden/Harris wins and they replace Breyer and Thomas with liberal justices then the Supreme Court would likely rule six shooters would have to be turned in as well as most pistols. Or they might just increase the size of the Supreme Court to get a liberal majority.

If we go down that road, I predict the United States will split up like the old USSR did. Hopefully it will be peaceful breakup.

I don’t feel safe !!

-----

Yes, if Biden/Harris wins and they replace Breyer and Thomas with liberal justices then the Supreme Court would likely rule six shooters would have to be turned in as well as most pistols. Or they might just increase the size of the Supreme Court to get a liberal majority.

If we go down that road, I predict the United States will split up like the old USSR did. Hopefully it will be peaceful breakup.

Do you think the democrat party would let hard working Americans go free to create their own, wealthy, independent states? Where they wouldn't have to obey the dictates of democrats anymore?

I don’t feel safe !!

-----

First thing they will do is pass gun registration....which has always been the first step to gun banning and confiscation.....this is how it was done in Germany, France, Britain, Australia, Canada...even in New York and California for various types of gun...

Then, once they have the registration list, they will pass the ban, and through the left wing activists in judges robes, they will be declared constitutional...

Citizen: Thanks officer, that party next door is really loud and I have to get up in the morning...

Cop: Sir, I am placing you under arrest. Apparently, you never turned in your 6 shot revolver, we have a ban on any magazine over 5 shots in this state. You are now under arrest for felony possession of a gun with a high capacity limit.....
------

Citizen: Is there a problem officer, I know I was about 5 miles over the limit..........

Cop: Sir, step out of the car....besides being 5 miles over the limit, apparently you never turned in your illegal gun....

Cop: From our records you never turned in your 6 shot, western style revolver, so I have to arrest you for felony gun possession.....

The first road block the liberals will encounter is people will refuse to register their firearms. That is what happened in Canada.

Canada Tried Registering Long Guns -- And Gave Up

I don’t feel safe !!

-----

------

The first road block the liberals will encounter is people will refuse to register their firearms. That is what happened in Canada.

Yeah, but then you are hiding a legal weapon, made illegal by unConstitutional laws...and you are essentially a criminal......who can get into trouble if you ever use your weapon.

I don't feel the need to carry a concealed weapon because I'm a large man and not likely to be attacked.

But women, and smaller men, and the elderly, have a right to defend themselves and a gun is needed to help even the odds.
Anybody that wants to even the odds is a fool. I was trained to seek, create and use force multipliers, to achieve a decisive advantage. A large part is often between the ears. Not sure about you.

Assume you are 74 years old, a candidate for a hip replacement, suffer from degenerative disk disease, are overweight and out of shape and have COPD. What force multipliers would you seek or create if attacked by a thug in his 20s armed with a gun or knife.
Prefer Walthur PPQ, with LE/Person Defense rounds, full size in concealed should holster, and the personal mental habit of being aware of all surroundings and the comings and going of people around you, not taking them for granted as if living in a Mary Poppins world. Like in poker, criminals in target acquisition/pre attack mode have tells, if you are aware. The prepared always have an advantage as most people are not prepared. When in public, force yourself to "walk with a purpose" as the slumped and slow make better targets.

I like the 4 inch big heavy metal one
Big and heavy is not recommended by me. Try the Taurus "The Judge" polymer frame 5-shot revolver. Shoots either .45Long Colt or 410ga shotgun shells. I keep mine loaded with 410ga Critical Defender shells that contain one small (41cal) cylindrical slug and two round (35cal) balls.

In close quarter use, it is really hard to miss the target.

If I load it with .45LC, it's fairly accurate out to about 50 feet for me.

Concealed Weapon Permits in Florida apply to knives as well as firearms.
Same is true in Georgia. Knives, swords, spears, crossbows, machetes, hatchets....all WEAPONS (excluding explosives).

I still like revolvers. They are reliable and rarely malfunction. Since you are responsible for every shot I like to try to hit what I aim at rather than spray and pray.
For long range handgun shooting (beyond 30' for me) you are correct. Closer in, both are effective. A wide pattern is more likely to strike the perp somewhere. A spray to the face would likely put him out of business.

I don’t feel safe !!

-----

------

Yeah, but then you are hiding a legal weapon, made illegal by unConstitutional laws...and you are essentially a criminal......who can get into trouble if you ever use your weapon.
True. Remember the old adage, “If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.”

Prefer Walthur PPQ, with LE/Person Defense rounds, full size in concealed should holster, and the personal mental habit of being aware of all surroundings and the comings and going of people around you, not taking them for granted as if living in a Mary Poppins world. Like in poker, criminals in target acquisition/pre attack mode have tells, if you are aware. The prepared always have an advantage as most people are not prepared. When in public, force yourself to "walk with a purpose" as the slumped and slow make better targets.

Situational awareness is definitely a good thing. Most people walk around with a cell phone glued to their ear.

if something seems wrong, leave the area. Don’t ignore your sixth sense. It is a good idea to avoid a bad situation rather than getting caught up in one.The best way to survive a fight is not to get in one.

I usually carry a .38 +P snub nosed revolver in my pants pocket. If something looks strange I can always casually put my hand in my pocket on the revolver. I can draw the revolver very quickly that way.

I like the 4 inch big heavy metal one
Big and heavy is not recommended by me. Try the Taurus "The Judge" polymer frame 5-shot revolver. Shoots either .45Long Colt or 410ga shotgun shells. I keep mine loaded with 410ga Critical Defender shells that contain one small (41cal) cylindrical slug and two round (35cal) balls.

In close quarter use, it is really hard to miss the target.

If I load it with .45LC, it's fairly accurate out to about 50 feet for me.

Concealed Weapon Permits in Florida apply to knives as well as firearms.
Same is true in Georgia. Knives, swords, spears, crossbows, machetes, hatchets....all WEAPONS (excluding explosives).

I still like revolvers. They are reliable and rarely malfunction. Since you are responsible for every shot I like to try to hit what I aim at rather than spray and pray.
For long range handgun shooting (beyond 30' for me) you are correct. Closer in, both are effective. A wide pattern is more likely to strike the perp somewhere. A spray to the face would likely put him out of business.
Always liked a full size frame hand gun myself, probably because that is what I first trained with and carried, but your choice is very effective and logically selected.

I don’t feel safe !!

Florida leads the nation in concealed permits. The great majority of the gun crime in Florida (like the rest of the country) is from street thugs that couldn't pass the simple "shall issue" requirements Florida has. The people that have the permits are not the ones that commit the crimes.

Actually it would be better if Florida had Constitutional Carry. The crime stats wouldn't change and we would have more Liberty.

I don’t feel safe !!

Florida leads the nation in concealed permits. The great majority of the gun crime in Florida (like the rest of the country) is from street thugs that couldn't pass the simple "shall issue" requirements Florida has. The people that have the permits are not the ones that commit the crimes.

Actually it would be better if Florida had Constitutional Carry. The crime stats wouldn't change and we would have more Liberty.
We've got constitutional carry, effective July 1, though I disapprove on safety issues.
I like Florida and they recognize all state's carry permits, as does Tennessee.

I don’t feel safe !!

We've got constitutional carry, effective July 1, though I disapprove on safety issues.
I like Florida and they recognize all state's carry permits, as does Tennessee.

The people that conceal carry in Florida do not present much of a safety problem.

I am a firearms instructor and taught concealled carry classes a few years ago. I don't believe in this "my finger is my safety bullshit". I encouraged them to get guns with safeties.

New Topics

Forum List

Back