Ban concealed guns

I really don’t have a problem with open carry but I think any concealed gun must be banned !!
I see too many insane guys with concealed permits
Maybe if buffoon Biden wins : he will use executive action to outlaw all concealed guns
I don’t feel safe !!
Take concealed out your comment. Why would they stop at concealed? Beto will take them all.
Now, how safe are you going to feel with no gun, no police and a flood of immigrants, all being told to take their bullshit to the burbs?

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

How many people have been accidentally shot in proportion to the population and how does that compare to other nonfatal accidents?

Anecdotes are all well and good but real data is the only way to come to a conclusion on topics like this

So the estimate is 115000 nonfatal firearm accidents annually. In a country with a population of 350 million that works out to
.033% of the population.

But there is more to it obviously. How many of those are a person accidentally shooting himself as opposed to another?

The truth of it is that there will always be accidents wherever and whenever people are involved in any activity.

If I get into a fight ..I don’t want to worry about any guns

I don’t carry one and never will !!
I have to side with the leftist Stalins
I have been carrying a concealed weapon since I was 21 and in those 25 years I have never once gotten in a fight.

So here's a Pro Life Tip

Grow up and don't get into any fights then you won't have to worry if anyone is carrying.

I really don’t have a problem with open carry but I think any concealed gun must be banned !!

Maybe if buffoon Biden wins : he will use executive action to outlaw all concealed guns

I don’t feel safe !!

You really need help. Are you 10 years old.....?

I don’t feel safe !!

Take concealed out your comment. Why would they stop at concealed? Beto will take them all.
Now, how safe are you going to feel with no gun, no police and a flood of immigrants, all being told to take their bullshit to the burbs?
You know darn well, beta will never be able to disarm Texas. Why do you bother?

They are going after the gun makers and gun stores if they win in November....they will continue to pack the courts with left wing, anti-gun judges, then they will repeal the Lawful commerce in Arms act...allowing left wing lawyers to attack gun stores and gun makers for every criminal who uses a gun illegally.....they will also use the Department of Justice to sue gun makers......you don't understand the issue.

You get 2 drunk idiots and an argument and someone gets shot

Yeah....doesn't happen except for criminals who are already banned from owning guns let alone carrying them....

Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.
But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.
According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.
In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.
“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Read more at Allowing guns into bars has 'surprising' result

More.....actual research by Richmond Times-Dispatch
Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants

The number of major crimes involving firearms at bars and restaurants statewide declined 5.2 percent from July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2011, compared with the fiscal year before the law went into effect, according to crime data compiled by Virginia State Police at the newspaper's request.

--------------------------

At The
Times-Dispatch's request, state police pulled from their computerized database all major crimes at bars and restaurants reported by local law-enforcement agencies across Virginia for two successive fiscal years. The Times-Dispatch then contacted more than a dozen police departments in Virginia for more detailed information on all aggravated assaults, homicides and sexual assaults involving firearms at those businesses.
Reported robberies were not analyzed because they tend to involve premeditated crimes by perpetrators openly displaying guns, and many of the affected businesses are chain restaurants that don't serve alcohol.
Only two fatal shootings occurred during the last fiscal year — one outside a Petersburg nightclub and the other at a Radford restaurant — but neither involved concealed-gun permit holders. And only two of the 18 aggravated assaults reported could be linked definitively to concealed-carry holders.
Several other cases appear to have involved hidden guns, but the suspects either didn't have a concealed permit, or they fled the scene before they could be identified and arrested.
One of the few unambiguous cases of a concealed-gun permit holder breaking the law occurred on July 28, 2010 — 27 days after the law became active — at a deli in York County. In that case, a patron who had been drinking heavily with a gun concealed in his pocket allegedly sexually harassed a female waitress and, at one point, placed his hand over his hidden gun so the waitress could see its outline.
After making a comment the waitress construed as a threat, the man left but was stopped a short time later by police. They recovered a .380-caliber pistol from his pants pocket and charged him with driving under the influence, brandishing a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.
He was charged with the latter offense — even though he had a permit to carry the gun — because he had been drinking in the deli while in possession of a concealed firearm. The law forbids concealed-gun permit holders to drink alcohol while they are inside bars and restaurants with guns hidden from view. Patrons who legally carry firearms openly into bars and restaurants can drink freely.
Authorities confiscated the man's concealed-gun permit, but the brandishing and concealed weapon charges were eventually withdrawn by prosecutors. He was convicted of driving while drunk.
In another case closer to home, a Hopewell man with a concealed-carry permit was arrested in June after police said he brandished a gun in the parking lot of a chain restaurant after a verbal dispute escalated into a fight among several patrons. No shots were fired, but punches were thrown.
Although the man pulled a concealed weapon during the fight, the new law didn't really apply because the restaurant where the incident occurred doesn't serve alcohol. The man was convicted last month of brandishing the gun — which he appealed — and a malicious-wounding charge was certified to a Hopewell grand jury.
Aside from the two homicides, the only assault that resulted in a person being shot occurred in February outside a Virginia Beach restaurant and bar. The shooting followed an altercation inside the restaurant. Several unknown men were asked to leave, and the victim was shot and wounded as he walked toward a male in an adjacent parking lot, police said.
But because the suspect was never identified and arrested, police don't know whether the shooter was carrying a concealed gun or whether he had a permit to carry it.

I don’t feel safe !!

so, you actually think a law prohibiting concealed carry....and criminals will go "AW MAn! I can't carry this 45 concealed because they passed a law" !!!
I don’t have any problems with open carry
I am well aware of bad guys packing ; however , I think you’re far more likely to get kills by a crazy guy with a permit

And you are completely wrong...there were 10,265 gun murders in the U.S. in 2018...of those 70-80% of the victims were criminals killed by other criminals....

Meanwhile, as more Americans not only own guns but actually carry them, the gun murder rate went down, not up.....wrecking your entire argument about guns and gun owners....

Over the last 27 years, we went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 19.4 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2019...guess what happened...

New Concealed Carry Report For 2020: 19.48 Million Permit Holders, 820,000 More Than Last Year despite many states shutting down issuing permits because of the Coronavirus - Crime Prevention Research Center

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Charts.......two charts, one for murder, one for violent crime....both going down as more people were carrying guns for self defense.

Data Reveals Murders and Violent Crime Decrease as More People Carry Guns - The Truth About Guns

ccw concealed carry vs murder rate chart

Courtesy Crime Prevention Research Center

John Lott has published his Concealed Carry Permit Holders Across the United States: 2020 and there’s lots of good news in it.

• The number of concealed handgun permits has soared to over 19.48 million – a 34% increase over 2016.
  • Seventeen states no longer provide data on all the people who are legally carrying a concealed handgun because people in those states no longer need a permit to carry.
  • Permits for women and minorities continue to increase at a much faster rate than for either men or whites.
  • Five states now have over 1 million permit holders: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Texas. Florida is the first state to have over 2 million permits.
And more. On personal note, I’m proud that my own state is one of those with a million-plus. That’s particularly impressive, because the last time I checked, we were only around 700,000; about 1 in 8 adults.

Other goods news is that chart above. It shows the murder rate has declined as the CCW rate increases. That’s not news to TTAG regulars, but it’s nice to see it confirmed for yet another year. In case some gun-grabbing type wants to argue that the murder rate trend is really almost flat, so it doesn’t mean anything, take a look at the CCW vs. violent crime trend. Concealed carry is up while violent crime down.

But the trend is even more noticeable, to the point where one cannot honestly deny it.

2020 CCW vs Violent Crime

Courtesy Crime Prevention Research Center

I’m looking forward to next

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

How many people have been accidentally shot in proportion to the population and how does that compare to other nonfatal accidents?

Anecdotes are all well and good but real data is the only way to come to a conclusion on topics like this

So the estimate is 115000 nonfatal firearm accidents annually. In a country with a population of 350 million that works out to
.033% of the population.

But there is more to it obviously. How many of those are a person accidentally shooting himself as opposed to another?

The truth of it is that there will always be accidents wherever and whenever people are involved in any activity.

Non-fatal gun accidents from the CDC....

Nonfatal and Fatal Firearm-Related Injuries -- United States, 1993-1997

CDC non fatal gun accident.....

1993... 104,390

1994... 89,744

1995... 84,322

1996... 69,649

1997... 64,207

2001.... 17,696

2002... 17,579

2003... 18,941

2004... 16,555

2005... 15,388

2006... 14,678

2007... 15,698

2008... 17,215

2009... 18,610

2010... 14,161

2011... 14,675

2012... 17,362

2013... 16,864

2014..... 15,928

I don’t feel safe !!

They are going after the gun makers and gun stores if they win in November....they will continue to pack the courts with left wing, anti-gun judges, then they will repeal the Lawful commerce in Arms act...allowing left wing lawyers to attack gun stores and gun makers for every criminal who uses a gun illegally.....they will also use the Department of Justice to sue gun makers......you don't understand the issue.
Continue to pack the courts? If you look at the number appointed by the Obama admin in 8 years vs the trump admin in 3 years, you will see who is packing the court and remember the 8 years before B.O. were the Bush years.
You panic like a little girl at a frog with your false impression and made up projections.

I don’t feel safe !!

Continue to pack the courts? If you look at the number appointed by the Obama admin in 8 years vs the trump admin in 3 years, you will see who is packing the court and remember the 8 years before B.O. were the Bush years.
You panic like a little girl at a frog with your false impression and made up projections.

The appointment of SC justices is a random thing. Some presidents get to nominate more judges than others when a Democrat gets to appoint several in his term as POTUS the republicans say the court is being stacked and vice versa

The thing you people should be thinking about is that Congress can change the number of SC justices by a simple majority vote so Biden could , if the dems win the House and Senate, increase the number of justices to 11 or 13 and get to pick all those justices.

That is how Biden would stack the court so he didn't leave it up to chance by waiting and seeing which SC Justice would die

I don’t feel safe !!

The current anti-gun legislation coming from local and state actions are being upheld as Constitutional by obama and clinton appointed judges.......you nitwit.....and because of Roberts, the Supreme Court has failed to bitch slap the lower courts who are openly and happily ignoring the Supreme Court rulings on gun rights.....

I don’t feel safe !!

The appointment of SC justices is a random thing. Some presidents get to nominate more judges than others when a Democrat gets to appoint several in his term as POTUS the republicans say the court is being stacked and vice versa

The thing you people should be thinking about is that Congress can change the number of SC justices by a simple majority vote so Biden could , if the dems win the House and Senate, increase the number of justices to 11 or 13 and get to pick all those justices.

That is how Biden would stack the court so he didn't leave it up to chance by waiting and seeing which SC Justice would die
Heck with the Supreme Court for a moment. I was actually referring to the lower federal court appointment. One thing you got to give trump admin credit for it the vast number of lower federal judges appointed to vacancies not filled by Obama administration. I may or may not like the agendas of these appointments, and some do not sound particularly good lawyers, let alone judges, but seeing the importance of filling those holes was a good move, as we may see if there is indeed a blue wave starting in 11 days.

I don’t feel safe !!

I disagree wholeheartedly. Some people freak out when you open-carry in some locations. Just less of a scene for a civilian patron in a bar or a church to keep his firearm concealed.

I have always thought that freaking people out was the main reason guys open carry, especially a rifle.
Don’t let my rights scare you.

I don’t feel safe !!
The number of unlawful shooting by Concealed Carry holders is shockingly low

I don’t see any Jewish guys carrying them

Alot ,of Jewish girls carry them.

95b6be5ad4cd2c62369368cbb4d32d04.jpg

Beautiful bullpup.

I don’t feel safe !!
The number of unlawful shooting by Concealed Carry holders is shockingly low

I don’t see any Jewish guys carrying them

Alot ,of Jewish girls carry them.

95b6be5ad4cd2c62369368cbb4d32d04.jpg

Beautiful bullpup.
I was more impressed with the bodacious tahtahs.

New Topics

Forum List

Back