Bag of Severed Heads Left Near Mexican School

This should be among the most worrisome issues everyone. I think it's going to take the military to fight this. One of the most violent cartels has been operating since the late 90's. One has to wonder why this has been neglected for so many years.

So you don't think that legalizing street drugs might slow it down...just a bit?

This should be among the most worrisome issues everyone. I think it's going to take the military to fight this. One of the most violent cartels has been operating since the late 90's. One has to wonder why this has been neglected for so many years.

So you don't think that legalizing street drugs might slow it down...just a bit?

Doesn't look like it after reading this.

Doesn't look like it after reading this.

Not sure why you read this to mean that removing the Illegal Trade they are participation in, will not decrease the violence.

There is drug Violence for 1 reason only. Because it is a Black Market, and there are Unimaginable profits to be made, Because of it being a Black Market.

Legalizing Pot alone would make a serious dent in the Trade.

I can understand why harder drugs are illegal, But I will never understand why we spend Billions and create a Violent Black Market, In an effort to keep a plant, that is less dangerous than Booze, illegal.

Mexican parents pullin' their kids outta school due to drug violence...
:eek:
Fears of violence shake Mexico schools
Mon, Oct 03, 2011 - PANIC: Teachers are protesting against growing insecurity around schools because of drug violence, which has even forced parents to take their children out of classes
Mexican schools appear increasingly vulnerable to the country’s drug violence, with five human heads dumped outside one school and threats of a grenade attack on another in the past week alone. From northern border areas to Acapulco, on the Pacific coast, to the port of Veracruz, on the Gulf of Mexico, the trend has seen parents keep their children at home as both students and teachers see themselves as targets. The five decomposing heads were found near an elementary school on Tuesday last week in the port city of Acapulco, where teachers have been on strike for nearly a month to seek better security and protest extortion attempts on their salaries.

In Veracruz — where 49 bodies were dumped on roads within three days this month — parents are increasingly hesitant to send youngsters to class, fearful of armed clashes nearby between the Zetas drug gang and a mysterious new group called the “Zeta Killers.” Hundreds of parents rushed to take their children out of schools in Tierra Blana, in Veracruz state, after warnings of heavy police deployments spread on social networks last week. Beyond threats linked to drug gangs, violence threatening children and teachers has also occurred in recent weeks inside schools, including in northeastern Sinaloa and northern Nuevo Leon states.

In Culiacan, capital of Sinaloa, teachers protested on Thursday in front of the state congress to call attention to growing theft and attacks in classrooms. “The community has organized itself and decided not to send children to school until we receive promises from the authorities,” said Lourdes Sarabia, director of the National Union of Education Workers of Culiacan.

The mayor of the town of Santiago, in the northern border state of Nuevo Leon, called for calm on Friday after messages threatening grenade attacks on schools spread fear through the population. “It’s logical that people panicked. Fear spreads after the appearance of four banners announcing grenades would be thrown at schools,” Vladimiro Montalvo said. “We’ve asked for help from the army and the police, who are patrolling in the area.” Around a dozen men were detained in relation to the banners on Friday.

MORE

"With the government cracking down on the drug trade, gangs are turning to extortion, according to the BBC. Last month, dozens of teachers in Acapulco said gangs had threatened them with violence if they did not hand over half their salaries."

Legalizing drugs won't stop this.

Bag of Severed Heads Left Near Mexican School | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

And keeping drugs illegal won't stop that either.

But legalizing marijuana will eliminate about 66% of the mexican mafia's drug revenue stream and that will be a damned good thing for Mexico AND the USA.

Without that cash cow, the criminal organizations will not be able to bribe their way out of prison, own the police and military or pay their armed thugs, either.

A couple of predator drones will remind them why they shouldn't fuck with us.
It's worked great in Pakistan. :cuckoo:

We've pretty much decimated their leadership since we started using those. These gangs are not military. They don't actually stand for anything. These cowards would scatter to a few well placed military strikes from the US.

They're definitely not military; even though the USA did train some of their leadership. I think it would take some kind of military force, because based on what I've seen...many of our law enforcement agencies would be outarmed. Now I'm not talking about NYPD or LAPD, but smaller agencies. My father is a police chief in a smaller agency, and he doesn't deny for one second that his outfit is outgunned.

Would love to see some of them go head-to-head with our special forces. ;) Not a prayer.

It's worked great in Pakistan. :cuckoo:

We've pretty much decimated their leadership since we started using those. These gangs are not military. They don't actually stand for anything. These cowards would scatter to a few well placed military strikes from the US.

They're definitely not military; even though the USA did train some of their leadership. I think it would take some kind of military force, because based on what I've seen...many of our law enforcement agencies would be outarmed. Now I'm not talking about NYPD or LAPD, but smaller agencies. My father is a police chief in a smaller agency, and he doesn't deny for one second that his outfit is outgunned.

Would love to see some of them go head-to-head with our special forces. ;) Not a prayer.

We don't need to assign SpecOps to this one, regular troops can handle them easily.

LAPD would fuck them outright, my friends father was a Rank III Police Sgt for the LAPD and they have some serious stuff to fight crime, and the pay to go with it.

NYPD has CIA trained espionage units for investigation purposes. They are trained at The Farm.

If they make a play for US territory in the same way they have done in Mexico, we DO actually have troops stationed near the Border who are ready to stomp on such incursions.

Resolution.....

Predator%2BDrone%2BAircraft%2BWallpapers%2Bby%2Bcool%2Bwallpapers%2B%252817%2529.jpg

Rocha pinched...
:clap2:
Mexico says key figure in Tijuana drug gang caught
Wed, Nov 09, 2011 - One of the main operators in a drug cartel war that devastated the border city of Tijuana was captured by federal troops after he opened fire on a car carrying two rivals over the weekend, officials said on Monday.
Juan Francisco Sillas Rocha, 34, allegedly reported directly to the head of the Arellano Felix cartel, which controlled the smuggling of cocaine, marijuana and other drugs through the cities of Tijuana and Mexicali into the US during the 1990s, according to Mexican officials. The cartel was weakened in the past decade by the capture or killing of the brothers who led it. The powerful Sinaloa Cartel, which controls many of the smuggling routes along the border, has reportedly tried to seize control of criminal activities in Tijuana, across the border from San Diego, California.

Fernando “The Engineer” Sanchez Arellano, a nephew who now heads the Arellano Felix cartel, ordered Sillas to regain control of Tijuana from rival leader Teodoro “El Teo” Garcia Simental, who had broken from the Arellano Felix group and reportedly rose through the Sinaloa ranks by ordering bodies dissolved in vats of lye. Fighting between the factions sent violence skyrocketing in Tijuana from 2007 to 2009, and decapitations, hangings and daylight shootouts became common.

Violence subsided considerably after Simental’s arrest in January last year, although attacks still occur regularly. Army spokesman Colonel Ricardo Trevilla said Sillas shot and wounded two unidentified rivals driving through Tijuana on Saturday. Police and soldiers captured him after cordoning off the area.

Sillas, who was paraded before a press conference on Monday, is presumed responsible for last year’s kidnapping of three women in the family of Ismael “El Mayo” Zambada, who leads the Sinaloa cartel along with Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, one of the most-wanted men in the world. Sillas was believed to be retaliating for the disappearance of his sister that year. Trevilla said Sillas’ arrest would “considerably affect the Arellano Felix organization’s criminal activities.” Also on Monday, police found the heads of two men in a residential area of Mexico City. Police found the bodies inside a stolen car not far from there, prosecutors said.

Mexico says key figure in Tijuana drug gang caught - Taipei Times

Interestingly enough, the article comments on the Zeta Killers. A new gang, dedicated to killing off the cartels. They are a militia group of ordinary citizens that have armed themselves.

I wish them well.

Forum List

Back