Badly Rated Movies That You Really Liked

AquaAthena

America First...MAGA
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 16, 2010
Central Coast
Christian Bale, Kate Beckinsale, and the wonderful actress Francis McDormand.

This clip show CB's fiancee, KB, [ both doctors ] kissing his mother and her boyfriend. [ the Mother's boyfriend ]

Good music all the way through. [soft rock ] really liked it, and have placed my own interpretation to the ending....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbLJx5a6fV8[/ame]

Dune (1984) my favorite. It got raked over the coals. I never read the books maybe that's why I liked it so much.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg06ZBdHb5M]YouTube - Dune Trailer[/ame]

Dark Star...oh I loved that. Saw it at a Sci Fi convention so many years ago, along with another undrated movie: Silent Running

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbbYn7d_W8s]YouTube - Dark Star 1974 Theme Song[/ame]

The Cult Classic "Harold and Maude"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULhsGYaIoBw]YouTube - Harold and Maude[/ame]

The Cult Classic "Harold and Maude"

YouTube - Harold and Maude

Fabulous movie. I saw it in the 90's [TV] and immediately had to buy it..lol. Love it. What a trip. Love the way Harold tried to scare the girls away that his wealthy, controlling Mother, has set him up with...lol. Ruth Gordon..fabulous in it too. Good music throughout by Cat Stevens...Wish everyone could see this film.

I thought that was called "Yellow Submarine"

Also one of my favorites. British animation feast for the eyes and ears.

Snakes On A Plane!!!!

Battlefield Earth is also a great guilty pleasure - so unintentionally funny!

Enemy Mine - excellent!

Road House is also a classic. Gotta love that one with its alternate universe of celebrity bouncers.

Star Wars, the original, got really bad reviews, until it became so popular that none of the critics would cop to ever having given it a bad rating.....lol. I never listen to the critics.

Neil Diamond's remake of "The Jazz Singer". The critics scorned it, but I rented it so many times the Video Store finally gave it to me. First movie I ever owned, and it remains one of my favorites in my collection.

"Down Periscope", a truly intelligent comedy and fun no matter how many times you watch. And you're cheering at the end every time too.

"Gran Torino". It should have won best film the year it wasn't nominated for anything.

Neil Diamond's remake of "The Jazz Singer". The critics scorned it, but I rented it so many times the Video Store finally gave it to me. First movie I ever owned, and it remains one of my favorites in my collection.

"Down Periscope", a truly intelligent comedy and fun no matter how many times you watch. And you're cheering at the end every time too.

"Gran Torino". It should have won best film the year it wasn't nominated for anything.
Down Periscope: CLASSIC screwball intelligent humor.

Gran Torino I heard was snubbed because of conservative statements made by Clint Eastwood generated a backlash from academy voters.

Yet The Dark Knight got both rave reviews and nominations despite the fact it was a very conservative movie ethically.

Down Periscope: CLASSIC screwball intelligent humor.

Gran Torino I heard was snubbed because of conservative statements made by Clint Eastwood generated a backlash from academy voters.

Yet The Dark Knight got both rave reviews and nominations despite the fact it was a very conservative movie ethically.

I haven't seen The Dark Knight as I never got drawn into the Batman culture, but may have to check it out.

And you may be right about Gran Torino. I only know it was brilliant.

The Dark Knight reminded me of another Heath Ledger movie, another intelligent comedy also scorned by critics: "A Knight's Tale". Also brilliantly done.

Forum List

Back