Bad Government! Bad! You don't do stuff like that!

US asks court to halt state immigration law - Yahoo! News

The law has done miracles soo far since the illegals are fleeing.
And if they are legal, then they have no excuse for why their paperwork is missing.

I wanted this law done nationwide so we can get out of debt and put Americans back to work. :(

Why are they stopping this? I live in Alabama and most of the illegals have moved back to Mexico or other states since this passed, if more states adopt this they will have no choice but to go back to Mexico or whatever country they are from.

US asks court to halt state immigration law - Yahoo! News

The law has done miracles soo far since the illegals are fleeing.
And if they are legal, then they have no excuse for why their paperwork is missing.

I wanted this law done nationwide so we can get out of debt and put Americans back to work. :(

Why are they stopping this? I live in Alabama and most of the illegals have moved back to Mexico or other states since this passed, if more states adopt this they will have no choice but to go back to Mexico or whatever country they are from.

They are stopping it because it's helping American citizens too much.
Enforce it nationwide if they won't round up the immigrants and send them back to Mexico.

If you're going to discuss an issue, at least do it with some honesty, instead of simply spewing blatant propaganda. All that will do is hurt your cause.

The federal government has long maintained that it has the sole constitutional power to make immigration law, and they seem to be correct. Think the states should start printing their own currency too?

If you're going to discuss an issue, at least do it with some honesty, instead of simply spewing blatant propaganda. All that will do is hurt your cause.

The federal government has long maintained that it has the sole constitutional power to make immigration law, and they seem to be correct. Think the states should start printing their own currency too?

The federal government and states are separate governments with their own laws.
The states CAN print their own currency too if they solely desired to.

States CAN make their OWN immigration laws.
With the federal government trying to intervene, it is most likely violating the state governments rights. But the Federal court is asking the state not to pass the law. They can't stop Alabama from doing so.

With the federal government trying to intervene, it is most likely violating the state governments rights. But the Federal court is asking the state not to pass the law. They can't stop Alabama from doing so.

Wow, it seems you need some education on constitutional law. This has nothing to do with money. The constitution expressly grants to Congress the power to establish uniform rules on immigration. How can that possibly be interpreted to mean that the states can, after that, retain power to create differing laws? Please don't get me wrong, I would love to see tougher immigration laws. But you're barking up the wrong tree by saying states have the power to do it on their own.

Wow, it seems you need some education on constitutional law. This has nothing to do with money. The constitution expressly grants to Congress the power to establish uniform rules on immigration. How can that possibly be interpreted to mean that the states can, after that, retain power to create differing laws? Please don't get me wrong, I would love to see tougher immigration laws. But you're barking up the wrong tree by saying states have the power to do it on their own.

The federal government is not enforcing the immigration laws so the states have taken it upon themselves. Who ever wrote the arguments for the feds is a numbskull!

The federal government is not enforcing the immigration laws so the states have taken it upon themselves. Who ever wrote the arguments for the feds is a numbskull!

Correction: The federal government is not devoting enough resources to immigration to allow greater enforcement, in the eyes of some people. That does not give the states the right to adopt for themselves powers that the constitution assigned to the federal government. Never in history has there ever been a precedent for such. And the federal government is now trying to step in to prevent the states from adopting such unconstitutional powers.

At the end of the day, it does not matter if I like it, if you like it, if the state of Alabama likes it, the federal government is the only body that has the constitutional power to set immigration policy. If the federal government does not do enough to enforce immigration laws, that is their prerogative. I really wish the federal government were doing more to enforce immigration. I wish we'd build a damn wall on the southern border, bring our overseas troops home and station them at the border at 10 foot intervals, shooting anyone trying to come here illegally. I wish there were more raids on employers who utilize illegal labor and stiffer penalties and fines that would help fund border protection right before driving companies out of business from using illegal labor. But my desires don't change the constitution.

Forum List

Back