Bad atheist arguments

The no boundary proposal, predicts that the universe would start at a single point. Stephen Hawking

Hawking changed his mind on that. The Hawking Solution to which I refer specifically negates that.

Ding, as always, you are stuck on science from 30 years ago. That is what religion does to your brain, bro.

The no boundary proposal, predicts that the universe would start at a single point. Stephen Hawking

Hawking changed his mind on that. The Hawking Solution to which I refer specifically negates that.

Ding, as always, you are stuck on science from 30 years ago. That is what religion does to your brain, bro.
Originally, I thought that the collapse, would be the time reverse of the expansion. This would have meant that the arrow of time would have pointed the other way in the contracting phase. People would have gotten younger, as the universe got smaller. Eventually, they would have disappeared back into the womb.

However, I now realise I was wrong, as these solutions show. The collapse is not the time reverse of the expansion. Stephen Hawking

The Beginning of TIme

And now for the slam dunk....

“...The conclusion of this lecture is that the universe has not existed forever. Rather, the universe, and time itself, had a beginning in the Big Bang, about 15 billion years ago. The beginning of real time, would have been a singularity, at which the laws of physics would have broken down. Nevertheless, the way the universe began would have been determined by the laws of physics, if the universe satisfied the no boundary condition. This says that in the imaginary time direction, space-time is finite in extent, but doesn't have any boundary or edge. The predictions of the no boundary proposal seem to agree with observation. The no boundary hypothesis also predicts that the universe will eventually collapse again. However, the contracting phase, will not have the opposite arrow of time, to the expanding phase. So we will keep on getting older, and we won't return to our youth. Because time is not going to go backwards, I think I better stop now...”. Stephen Hawking

The Beginning of TIme

Let me explain ding's very odd, childish behavior, if I may:

About 30 years ago, the lump between ding's ears was just growing mature enough to tackle complicated scientific topics. At that time, his mind was already handicapped by religious nonsense and zealotry. So, what young ding did was construct a paradigm of plagiarized arguments, tailored to our knowledge and hypotheses at the time, that he used to convince himself that science supports his magical dogma.

However, since then, we have gained a lot of knowledge and have formed new, consistent hypotheses that undermine ding's little pet paradigm. These render many of his archaic arguments either moot or just completely invalid, due to their resting on dubious premises we have since left behind.

Ding, beholden to static, incurious religious dogma, is unable to discard or alter his favorite little toy: the self soothing paradigm he created.

As such, his behavior is very childish and predictable. New knowledge? Nope, gotta be wrong. New, consistent hypotheses? Why, just "gimmicks". New models proposed by people like Hawking? Why, we will just ignore those and only present material Hawking produced decades ago.

Ding doesn't understand any of the material I have presented to him, because he does not WANT to understand it. This is what static, incurious religious dogma does to an otherwise reasonable adult.

As time approaches infinity, all objects will equilibrate to the same temperature. This we do not see, so the age of the universe cannot be infinite.

So simple.

Forum List

Back