Background checks for ammo in California intentionally incapable of working .....

Yes...now in California you have to go through a background check every time you buy ammo. This is the latest red tape anti-gunners have created to keep normal people from using their legal guns. The democrats love their Poll Taxes and Literacy tests for Rights, and this is the latest one....... the system can't handle the background checks, so people can't buy ammo...... this was intentional, and this is why we can't trust anti-gunners.....

They hate guns, and they will do everything in their power to indulge their mental illness....

California Ammunition Background Check System Failures - Bugs or Features? - The Truth About Guns

And…surprise! The ammo background check process so far is impossibly buggy and glitch-ridden. Retailers are turning away customers because they can’t log in or navigate the kludgy system.
-----

“I’ve had one customer, and I had to turn them away because I couldn’t get into the system,” Don Reed, owner of DGS Ammo & Airguns in Sacramento, said at midmorning. “He seemed a little bit perturbed. … There’s a lot of people feel like they’re being held hostage suddenly — punishing the people who’ve been doing it the right way.”

He was reading through dozens of pages online as he tried to log in, but he groused that “it would take a Philadelphia lawyer to figure it out.”

Officials with the state Department of Justice, which administers the program, did not respond to repeated telephone and email requests for comment. The department said in a news release that it had sent vendors regulations and instructions on how to comply.

“The eligibility checks ensure purchasers are not prohibited from owning or possessing ammunition due to a felony and/or violent misdemeanor conviction or warrant, domestic violence restraining order, or mental health issue,” the department said.

The state system is supposed to crosscheck one database of people who already cleared background checks when they bought guns in California with a second database of those who bought guns legally but are no longer allowed to own them. The process should take about two minutes, the department said Monday.

Customers pay $1 for the check. Those who pass get their ammo after clerks record the brand, type and amount of ammunition.

“So far it doesn’t work at all. My system doesn’t let me access it,” said Steve Converse, a longtime clerk at Ade’s Gun Shop in Orange, 30 miles southeast of Los Angeles.
The Truth About Guns is not a reliable source – it’s biased rightwing media with a propensity for lying and spreading misinformation, such as the lie that problems with the background check system are ‘intentional,’ a notion that is completely baseless.
You say the Truth About Guns is biased information, but what is YOUR SOURCE telling you that? I note you have not backed up any of your bullshit accusation with an actual citation.

All I can say is buyers in CA should have bought ammo before the 1st. Know the laws.

California Ammo Laws for 2019 - LAX Ammo Orange County | Orange County's Premier Ammo Store

Great answer. And how about when that runs out. Do you happen to know where one can access the nearest time machine? Unless you're saying people on the left would advocate gun owners stockpiling tens of thousands of rounds in order to avoid the consequences of laws like this. That would never be criticized, right?
If I could go back in time???...Hmmm. All I know is I shoot around 5,000 handgun rounds a year so when the Gun Show is here in town, I buy by the case. Also, our city council just gave the greenlight for the show to go on. Unlike opposition from surrounding towns. And for all of you CA haters, so be it. It's beautiful here.

CA Flag.jpg

All I can say is buyers in CA should have bought ammo before the 1st. Know the laws.

California Ammo Laws for 2019 - LAX Ammo Orange County | Orange County's Premier Ammo Store

Great answer. And how about when that runs out. Do you happen to know where one can access the nearest time machine? Unless you're saying people on the left would advocate gun owners stockpiling tens of thousands of rounds in order to avoid the consequences of laws like this. That would never be criticized, right?
If I could go back in time???...Hmmm. All I know is I shoot around 5,000 handgun rounds a year so when the Gun Show is here in town, I buy by the case. Also, our city council just gave the greenlight for the show to go on. Unlike opposition from surrounding towns. And for all of you CA haters, so be it. It's beautiful here.
Yeah, but can you buy AR lowers and assemble them as pistols?

Who cares and why? I think handgun ammo in long guns is a joke, and vice-versa. You would be surprised at what I can buy and what I own, and what was destroyed. Been around for awhile, capiche?

Oh my. Gun nuts are too dumb to figure out how to sign in. to the system. I'm not sure anyone is surprised. Perhaps if they had a series of grunts and snorts to repeat into a microphone instead of having to type in all those letters and numbers, the gun nuts could figure it out.

The racist and corrupt Democratic Party is just trying to protect their vast voter base of low life criminals and Jihad fanatic terrorist from armed victims who have the right to defend themselves. Remember how the criminal thug Trayvvon Martin was removed from society when was assaulting George Zimmerman. A jury ruled that Mr Zimmerman defended himself and he was found innocent.. The Troglocrats want their victims to be defenseless.

Perhaps the vendor who no doubt got the job thru connections can fix it in a yr for just a couple hundred million more......

Yes...now in California you have to go through a background check every time you buy ammo. This is the latest red tape anti-gunners have created to keep normal people from using their legal guns. The democrats love their Poll Taxes and Literacy tests for Rights, and this is the latest one....... the system can't handle the background checks, so people can't buy ammo...... this was intentional, and this is why we can't trust anti-gunners.....

They hate guns, and they will do everything in their power to indulge their mental illness....

California Ammunition Background Check System Failures - Bugs or Features? - The Truth About Guns

And…surprise! The ammo background check process so far is impossibly buggy and glitch-ridden. Retailers are turning away customers because they can’t log in or navigate the kludgy system.
-----

“I’ve had one customer, and I had to turn them away because I couldn’t get into the system,” Don Reed, owner of DGS Ammo & Airguns in Sacramento, said at midmorning. “He seemed a little bit perturbed. … There’s a lot of people feel like they’re being held hostage suddenly — punishing the people who’ve been doing it the right way.”

He was reading through dozens of pages online as he tried to log in, but he groused that “it would take a Philadelphia lawyer to figure it out.”

Officials with the state Department of Justice, which administers the program, did not respond to repeated telephone and email requests for comment. The department said in a news release that it had sent vendors regulations and instructions on how to comply.

“The eligibility checks ensure purchasers are not prohibited from owning or possessing ammunition due to a felony and/or violent misdemeanor conviction or warrant, domestic violence restraining order, or mental health issue,” the department said.

The state system is supposed to crosscheck one database of people who already cleared background checks when they bought guns in California with a second database of those who bought guns legally but are no longer allowed to own them. The process should take about two minutes, the department said Monday.

Customers pay $1 for the check. Those who pass get their ammo after clerks record the brand, type and amount of ammunition.

“So far it doesn’t work at all. My system doesn’t let me access it,” said Steve Converse, a longtime clerk at Ade’s Gun Shop in Orange, 30 miles southeast of Los Angeles.
The Truth About Guns is not a reliable source – it’s biased rightwing media with a propensity for lying and spreading misinformation, such as the lie that problems with the background check system are ‘intentional,’ a notion that is completely baseless.
But how can the Corrupt Democratic Party guarantee that they can disarm their Terrorist and Criminals?

Oh my. Gun nuts are too dumb to figure out how to sign in. to the system. I'm not sure anyone is surprised. Perhaps if they had a series of grunts and snorts to repeat into a microphone instead of having to type in all those letters and numbers, the gun nuts could figure it out.

The racist and corrupt Democratic Party is just trying to protect their vast voter base of low life criminals and Jihad fanatic terrorist from armed victims who have the right to defend themselves. Remember how the criminal thug Trayvvon Martin was removed from society when was assaulting George Zimmerman. A jury ruled that Mr Zimmerman defended himself and he was found innocent.. The Troglocrats want their victims to be defenseless.
Oh my God. Florida. The land of Twice the Natl average for gun accidents.

Who cares and why? I think handgun ammo in long guns is a joke, and vice-versa.
Point is, you don't have the freedom to build one.

Forum List

Back