Backgammon

Lucy Hamilton

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2015
Does anyone else play Backgammon? It's been a thing in my family for many hundreds of years, nearly every member of my family that I can remember has always played Backgammon and as a family we also have a thing for collecting Backgammon sets.

Kid A now aged 7 years in age, he's at the age where Mr. Lucy and me can do things with him eg. Mr. Lucy take him camping last weekend. Last month I bought yet another Backgammon set, this is for me and Kid A to play on, he does already have a basic understanding of the game.

I am buying most of my latest Backgammon sets now from GammonVillage as they have an extensive collection of Zaza & Sacci which are my favourites, they make beautiful pure leather sets.

1593992444348.png

The below is my latest that I bought last month the red and black Zaza & Sacci for Kid A and me, an absolutely beautiful thing made from pure Dollaro leather:

1593991326060.png

1593991529523.png

1593991569599.png

1593991615774.png

I also last month bought the below amber and black Zaza & Sacci and it's arriving sometime this week, it's made from pure lizard skin:

1593991866296.png

1593991970649.png

1593992002414.png

1593992034872.png

1593992064505.png

• Banned
I'm into chess and have a nice ebony and ivory set from France.
I've wanted to learn Backgammon but never knew anyone who played.
Always wondered if one is harder to learn and play than the other? ... :cool:

My Grandfather plays Chess, I think we have a type of OCD but for collecting things because he collects Chess Sets and also Antique clocks, he has about I don't know it must be a few thousand Antique clocks now.

I would say that Chess is harder to learn than Backgammon, this is not saying that Backgammon is easy because it's not but as there is a certain amount of luck involved because we are dealing with a Dice it would be possible for someone who is playing Backgammon for the FIRST time to get some luck and beat someone who has been playing Backgammon for a very long time. That would probably be a one off though as Backgammon does involve some complicated strategy and that's why we use the Doubling Cube, this adds strategy, it's not a rolling Dice, luck then plays no part in it and the Doubling Cube is also the fastest way to win or lose a game, I mean your opponent only has two choices they either accept (which we call Take) the doubled stakes or they refuse them (which we call Drop), if they Drop then they lose and you win.

Forum List

Back