Back When Late Night Shows were Funny, Remember That?

I must admit, I don't get modern "humor". It's grossly insipid, completely politicized, lacking in imagination and boring as hell.

Someone mentioned "Demolition Man" the other day. Modern American humor reminds me of humor as portrayed in that film. Stupid.

Mark Twain is spazzing out.

Looking back at those old shows, Carson was not as funny as I thought he was

Dangerfield was.....

I don’t know about my wife....
Last night, I fell asleep with a cigarette in my mouth

She lit it

This guy Fluffy is pretty good, but I have never heard of him.

I guess he doesnt slam Trump enough for main stream media.

The first vid was just Rodney talking about never having sex and fat girls. Wasn’t funny. Carson’s bit was always...delivering lame jokes then making fun of how bad they were.

Modern humor is clever in many instances but not all. There are plenty of clean comedians and bits if you are a prude. Studio C is ensemble skit comedy but late night has good stuff too.

Last edited:
Are they not as funny or did we change? IDK! I can barely stay up for them these days 430 comes pretty quick, usually asleep by ten. We may just not be in as good of a mood at that time of day as we use to be. Also remember if you are over 30 you are no longer the target audience. We may just no longer relate to this segment. That all being said comedy does not seem as good these days.

Johnny Carson was the ABSOLUTE best. He was funny, clever and always respectful of his guests. Most importantly he was politically neutral. You never knew where he stood politically, which was a wonderful thing. He NEVER let politics interfere with entertainment. I really liked David Letterman until about the early 2000's. His shtick just got old for me. I also enjoyed Tom Snyder. I found him to be informative and sometimes funny, as well. Today's late nighters pale in comparison to these three talk show hosts.

How the hell is a string of statements out of context funny?

This is funny.

Notice, too, they couldnt find anything to snip out for Tucker Carlson.

Wonder why?

What’s your point? That ONE conservative didn’t minimize the risks? My point was that late night is clever still.

NONE of that is clever or funny.

This election is going to be much easier than I thought, apparently.

Apparently youre a fan of Team Distort. Of course you wouldn’t find it funny. When light is shined on roaches, they don’t laugh, they scurry.

Apparently youre a fan of Team Distort. Of course you wouldn’t find it funny. When light is shined on roaches, they don’t laugh, they scurry.
No, I just prefer humor that is actually, you know, funny.

No, I just prefer humor that is actually, you know, funny.
Ah. Pointing out ridiculousness is funny but I’ll grant you not haha funny. Try a trump rally for ha ha funny. He does 2 hours of standup 38 % of America thinks is leadership.

Forum List

Back