Bachmann blames Obama for Arab Spring...

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Yet another Michelle Bachmann gaffe...........

CONCORD, N.C. -- Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann says President Obama's Middle East policy is to blame for the popular uprisings against autocratic regimes across the Arab world.

At a fundraiser here, Bachmann said she thinks the president "laid the table for the Arab Spring by demonstrating weakness," and particularly noted his call for Israel to return to its borders prior to the 1967 war with Egypt.

Bachmann, who has a track record of jumbled facts and sometimes false assertions, also drew an analogy between Obama's treatment of Israel and the fall of the shah of Iran during the Democratic administration of President Jimmy Carter, an event she maintained led to the rise of radicalism in the Islamic world.

Bachmann says Obama policies led to Arab spring - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

I wonder if she actually knows that the Arab Spring is a movement towards democracy?

Does Bachmann hate democracy?

Actually, the Arab Spring is nothing merely a mirror of the French Revolution and we all know how that ended up... Anyway, there's some good with some of the causes of the Arab Spring but neither the less it's a horrible failure. Michelle Bachmann is just trying to be relevant because she knows that she can't win the primaries, like Sarah Palin.

Doesn't she realize that autocratic regiems are the exact opposite of democracy?

Nope, sorry.......the woman doesn't have a brain.

Actually, the Arab Spring is nothing merely a mirror of the French Revolution and we all know how that ended up

It "ended up" with a genuine French Republic, although that had to go through a failed republic, an idealistic dictatorship, restoration of the monarchy, a not-so-idealistic dictatorship, and a lost war against the Prussians before it finally ended up there. It's difficult to go straight from absolute monarchy to a full-fledged republic in one step.

Be that as it may, unfortunately, Bachmann is wrong. I wish we could credit Obama for the Arab Spring, but that's stretchin' the truth just a wee bit too far for me.

Actually, the Arab Spring is nothing merely a mirror of the French Revolution and we all know how that ended up

It "ended up" with a genuine French Republic, although that had to go through a failed republic, an idealistic dictatorship, restoration of the monarchy, a not-so-idealistic dictatorship, and a lost war against the Prussians before it finally ended up there. It's difficult to go straight from absolute monarchy to a full-fledged republic in one step.

Be that as it may, unfortunately, Bachmann is wrong. I wish we could credit Obama for the Arab Spring, but that's stretchin' the truth just a wee bit too far for me.

President Obama didn't do a damn thing in the Middle East, I'm still waiting for him to actually say to Assad, "Step the Hell Down or We're Cut Off All Trade". That's takes balls if you ask me...

She blames Obama for rain clouds. Take everything she says with a grain of salt.

CONCORD, N.C. -- Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann says President Obama's Middle East policy is to blame for the popular uprisings against autocratic regimes across the Arab world.

At a fundraiser here, Bachmann said she thinks the president "laid the table for the Arab Spring by demonstrating weakness," and particularly noted his call for Israel to return to its borders prior to the 1967 war with Egypt.

Bachmann, who has a track record of jumbled facts and sometimes false assertions, also drew an analogy between Obama's treatment of Israel and the fall of the shah of Iran during the Democratic administration of President Jimmy Carter, an event she maintained led to the rise of radicalism in the Islamic world.

I wonder if she actually knows that the Arab Spring is a movement towards democracy?

LOL! Bachmann is one of the few people that makes Biden look really, really smart.
And that ain't easy!

The "Arab Spring" It sounds so mystical, as if unicorns are floating around rainbows, the smell of nectar drifts in the air as peace is in great abundance......lol!!! In the real world, it's hate, rock throwing, violence, hate, violence, hate........and so on.

The "Arab Spring" It sounds so mystical, as if unicorns are floating around rainbows, the smell of nectar drifts in the air as peace is in great abundance......lol!!! In the real world, it's hate, rock throwing, violence, hate, violence, hate........and so on.

Your post gives the impression you think this is a bad thing I.e. hate of an oppressive Muslim theocracy and trying to do something about it.

What's the Arab Spring, and who quite frankly gives a fuck ?

Your post gives the impression you think this is a bad thing I.e. hate of an oppressive Muslim theocracy and trying to do something about it.

I'm just saying that there is no spring going on over there and violence abounds.

The arab spring, which was really a revolt of the fundamentalist believing people against western friendly dictators was a result of obama's weakness and obama's support for the terrorists who took over these nations.

Was this a "democratic" movement? Sure it was. It was a vote by the people who objected to being prevented from killing other people.

Democracy does not mean the same thing to these people as it means to us.

Bachmann blames Obama for Arab Spring...
....But, maintains her affinity for....

MICHELE-BACHMANN-CRAZY+EYESarge300.jpg

Forum List

Back