Bachelor Host Chris Harrison Steps aside after defending Racism

You guys meaning voters? Antebellum is the period before the Civil War so what Confederacy? So now you called Nazis competent? Hmmmm....interesting. You just love burying that hole of dumbassery for yourself. Want to rat me out to the mods again or should I link them now and make it easier on you?

The voters said no to Trump. Twice. Three times if you count the mid-terms.

Antebellum means the SOUTH before the Civil War, the whole period where they glorified the Plantation system. That's the thing. People are now starting to realize that "lifestyle" was built on slavery and exploitation and racism. That's why going to a plantation party is about as dumb as dressing up like a Nazi for "fun".

They Nazis took a country that was defeated and broke and brought it to the edge of world domination... um, yeah. That's pretty competent.
What people? Some SJWs who then pressure corporations. You initially said it was the Confederacy and conflated them with the Nazis. Now you’re saying it has nothing to do with the Confederacy but was a plantation system that was racist. Which is it? Would you please at least get your arguments straight?

Plantations have zero to do with Nazis. It was about dressing up as Gone with the Wind Characters not about slave owners. But SJWs and ignorant pricks like you took a giant leap and were easily offended. Now someone saying “show a little grace” is forced to quit. Disney is firing people based on idiocy and fear.

Your argument, which you have altered several times has fallen flat. You are a very stupid person. And fat.

Just as bad? So Lady Antebellum was or is a group. No one ever called them Nazis. I ve never even heard of them til recently so perhaps the young girls didn’t either? You are a fucking moron, Joe. Everything is Nazi with you. You already admitted you hate Jews. Maybe you are more Nazi than you care to admit? All Harrison said was “a little grace “....oh no! Moron.

Hey, buddy, tell you what. My grandparents left Germany to get away from the Nazis.

I had one Great Uncle who was a Mitlaufer- someone who joined the NSDAP to keep his cushy government job. His son died in the war. Another cousin was a Catholic Priest who was sent to Nordhausen for criticizing the Nazis. My Dad was in the US Army VII Corps at Normandy and the Bulge. Had nightmares for the rest of his life.

The difference between the Nazis and the Confederacy is that the Nazis had 80 years after the war with Hollywood never letting us forget the awful shit they did. Heck, even the character I use as an AVI, the Nazis were the go-to villains in half of his movies. The Confederacy on the other hand, had 80 years of the "Lost Cause" mythology, Movies like "Birth of a Nation" and "Gone with the Wind", where the Confederacy were portrayed as noble heroes.

Yes, you as a Jew should be offended by a Third Reich themed party, and I'd be right there with you objecting. Where we'd have a disagreement is that what the Nazis did excuses what the Zionists do to the Palestinians.

Conversely, black people should be offended by Plantation Parties. The plantations were not romantic themed places for blacks, they were places where they were cruelly exploited for their labor and systematically terrorized into compliance.
Now you’re telling me when I should be offended? You are really losing it. You don’t tell me when I should be offended you have never lived a life of a Jewish person. We should all try to be a lot less offended. Disney included. In my opinion you and every other person has free speech and should be allowed to say “Jews suck” without any repercussions. Freedom of speech should mean something.

Comment: No doubt we will hear the mewling from the usual suspects about "Cancel Culture" and Political Correctness... but man, this guy was tone deaf, wasn't he?
Here is what he said,

Earlier this week, Harrison told "Extra" correspondent and former star of "The Bachelorette," Rachel Lindsay, that Kirkconnell's pictures were a long time ago and spoke out against cancel culture.
"I saw a picture of her at a sorority party five years ago and that's it. Like, boom," Harrison said, adding, "I'm like, 'Really?'"
Lindsay replied, "The picture was from 2018 at an Old South antebellum party. That's not a good look."
Harrison replied, "Well, Rachel, is it a good look in 2018? Or, is it not a good look in 2021? Because there's a big difference."
"It's not a good look ever," Lindsay said. "If I went to that party, what would I represent at that party?"

"You're 100% right in 2021," Harrison then said. "That was not the case in 2018. And again, I'm not defending Rachael. I just know that, I don't know, 50 million people did that in 2018. That was a type of party that a lot of people went to. And again, I'm not defending it. I didn't go to it."

For that the liberal, brown shirt cancel culture wants blood?

you people are sick

Harrison could have handled that differently and avoided the backlash. Unfortunately, he did it to himself...

What people? Some SJWs who then pressure corporations. You initially said it was the Confederacy and conflated them with the Nazis. Now you’re saying it has nothing to do with the Confederacy but was a plantation system that was racist. Which is it? Would you please at least get your arguments straight?

Um, I'm pretty clear on what I was arguing. I'm sorry if you can't follow along, but I've dumbed it down as much as I possibly could.

Plantations have zero to do with Nazis. It was about dressing up as Gone with the Wind Characters not about slave owners. But SJWs and ignorant pricks like you took a giant leap and were easily offended. Now someone saying “show a little grace” is forced to quit. Disney is firing people based on idiocy and fear.

Actually, Plantations were the same notion as Concentration camps. Exploit one group of people in order to provide a benefit for another group of people. The problem with the romanticizing of the Plantation Lifestyle is because Spike Lee doesn't have the power in Hollywood Speilberg and his ilk do.

Comment: No doubt we will hear the mewling from the usual suspects about "Cancel Culture" and Political Correctness... but man, this guy was tone deaf, wasn't he?
Here is what he said,

Earlier this week, Harrison told "Extra" correspondent and former star of "The Bachelorette," Rachel Lindsay, that Kirkconnell's pictures were a long time ago and spoke out against cancel culture.
"I saw a picture of her at a sorority party five years ago and that's it. Like, boom," Harrison said, adding, "I'm like, 'Really?'"
Lindsay replied, "The picture was from 2018 at an Old South antebellum party. That's not a good look."
Harrison replied, "Well, Rachel, is it a good look in 2018? Or, is it not a good look in 2021? Because there's a big difference."
"It's not a good look ever," Lindsay said. "If I went to that party, what would I represent at that party?"

"You're 100% right in 2021," Harrison then said. "That was not the case in 2018. And again, I'm not defending Rachael. I just know that, I don't know, 50 million people did that in 2018. That was a type of party that a lot of people went to. And again, I'm not defending it. I didn't go to it."

For that the liberal, brown shirt cancel culture wants blood?

you people are sick

Um, a couple of things.

Plantation parties were just as offensive in 2018 as they were in 2020.

I doubt 50 million people went to such parties, but then again 74 million people voted for Trump, so who knows.

Still wrong.

Um, I'm pretty clear on what I was arguing. I'm sorry if you can't follow along, but I've dumbed it down as much as I possibly could.

Actually, Plantations were the same notion as Concentration camps. Exploit one group of people in order to provide a benefit for another group of people. The problem with the romanticizing of the Plantation Lifestyle is because Spike Lee doesn't have the power in Hollywood Speilberg and his ilk do.
You are sorry. We agree. Why are you still responding. You tattled one me. Are you trying to bait me?

Coyote
Are you seeing this? This Poster is trolling.

Plantation parties were just as offensive in 2018 as they were in 2020.
Plantation parties are only offensive in lib la la land

liberals want to erase or rewrite 200 years of American history and thats so crazy

liberals want to erase or rewrite 200 years of American history and thats so crazy

No one wants to erase or rewrite history.

rewriting was what was done when the South was allowed to talk about "lost cause" and state rights bullshit.

1) Slavery was a crime against humanity.
2) Those who enriched themselves by it have no place of honor in our history.

This isn't complicated.

Slavery in the 18th was not considered a crime against humanity

thats an after-the-fact conclusion we have come to understand today

Black slaves were mistreated but dont believe that is the sum total of whites living in that time

to so horribly punish a young white girl in the 21st Century for wearing a dress is an injustice in itself

Harrison had apologized on Wednesday after speaking out on behalf of Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant who was reportedly photographed at an antebellum plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018.
In Saturday's post, Harrison wrote that he was "deeply remorseful" for the pain and damage his "ignorance" had brought to his "friends, colleagues and strangers alike."

"To the Black community, to the BIPOC community: I am so sorry. My words were harmful. I am listening, and I truly apologize for my ignorance and any pain it caused you," Harrison wrote.
"I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the people from these communities who I've had enlightening conversations with over the past few days, and I am so grateful to those who have reached out to help me on my path to anti-racism."
Kirkconnell, in an Instagram post Thursday night, wrote that "her ignorance was racist" and that she "didn't recognize how offensive and racist my actions were, but that doesn't excuse them."
She apologized to the communities and individuals her actions harmed and offended, and wrote that she is "ashamed about my lack of education."

The discussion we won't have. Why something as absolutely as tacky as the Bachelor is on the air to start with.

And why should we give any fucks about shallow superficial 'reality stars'.

Harrison had apologized on Wednesday after speaking out on behalf of Rachael Kirkconnell, a contestant who was reportedly photographed at an antebellum plantation-themed fraternity formal in 2018.
In Saturday's post, Harrison wrote that he was "deeply remorseful" for the pain and damage his "ignorance" had brought to his "friends, colleagues and strangers alike."

"To the Black community, to the BIPOC community: I am so sorry. My words were harmful. I am listening, and I truly apologize for my ignorance and any pain it caused you," Harrison wrote.
"I want to give my heartfelt thanks to the people from these communities who I've had enlightening conversations with over the past few days, and I am so grateful to those who have reached out to help me on my path to anti-racism."
Kirkconnell, in an Instagram post Thursday night, wrote that "her ignorance was racist" and that she "didn't recognize how offensive and racist my actions were, but that doesn't excuse them."
She apologized to the communities and individuals her actions harmed and offended, and wrote that she is "ashamed about my lack of education."

The discussion we won't have. Why something as absolutely as tacky as the Bachelor is on the air to start with.

You shitstain...he didn't defend racism....you lying asshole....

The woman went to a party....that's it.....she isn't a racist.....and he simply said she should be given a chance .......you lying sack of crap.

He went to the cancel gulag and issued a forced confession...you guys are vile...

It still was.

Black slaves were mistreated but dont believe that is the sum total of whites living in that time

Actually, it kind of was. White people who didn't own slaves benefited from slavery through the purchase of cheap products, and not having to worry about competing with blacks for good paying jobs.

Keep in mind, the main reason why Cleetus' great great grandpappy Beauregard went out there and died for the Confederacy was because he lived in mortal terror of all the things blacks would do if they were freed.

Some of you are still in fear.

to so horribly punish a young white girl in the 21st Century for wearing a dress is an injustice in itself

How was she horribly punished? People criticized what she did. SHE didn't even get thrown off the show.

The reason why this became controversial was that this was the first Bachelor where the Bachelor was a black dude, and in addition to attending racist parties, Rachael Kirkconnell used to bully classmates in High School for liking black men.

More people can name the contestants on the Bachelor than can name their own member of Congress. That's the sad part.

The woman went to a party....that's it.....she isn't a racist.....and he simply said she should be given a chance .......you lying sack of crap.

He went to the cancel gulag and issued a forced confession...you guys are vile...

Yes, I know, it's sad when you guys have to keep your racism to yourself, or have to confess like Winston Smith when you are caught doing it.

Heh..heh...heh....

More people can name the contestants on the Bachelor than can name their own member of Congress. That's the sad part.

Yes, I know, it's sad when you guys have to keep your racism to yourself, or have to confess like Winston Smith when you are caught doing it.

Heh..heh...heh....

None of it was racism....she went to a party, he said she should be given grace....none of it was even remotely racist...but that never stops assholes like you from lying about it and destroying people...

It still was.

Actually, it kind of was. White people who didn't own slaves benefited from slavery through the purchase of cheap products, and not having to worry about competing with blacks for good paying jobs.

Keep in mind, the main reason why Cleetus' great great grandpappy Beauregard went out there and died for the Confederacy was because he lived in mortal terror of all the things blacks would do if they were freed.

Some of you are still in fear.

How was she horribly punished? People criticized what she did. SHE didn't even get thrown off the show.

The reason why this became controversial was that this was the first Bachelor where the Bachelor was a black dude, and in addition to attending racist parties, Rachael Kirkconnell used to bully classmates in High School for liking black men.

And all of it was because of the future democrats.......the slave owners who created the democrat party........the party you support....the party of open and proud actual racism....

No one wants to erase or rewrite history.

rewriting was what was done when the South was allowed to talk about "lost cause" and state rights bullshit.

This isn't complicated.

The people who owned the slaves...created the democrat party......a party you now support.....

The democrat party supported slavery.....started the Civil War to keep their slaves and preserve the ability to spread slavery to newly created states....that is the history you assholes want to rewrite....

New Topics

Forum List

Back