Baby put in Microwave by would be minister

Vintij

Feb 13, 2007
Anaheim, CA
{A 19-year-old was arrested and charged after police said his 2-month-old daughter was burned when he placed her in a microwave, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

Joshua Mauldin, of Arkansas, has been charged with injury to a child causing serious harm. He is in the Galveston County jail with bond set at $250,000.

At Shriners Burns Hospital on Tuesday, doctors treated internal injuries and third-degree burns the infant suffered to the left side of her face and left hand. She is listed in critical condition.}

And why did this guy go to Glaveston you ask? He said and I quote "god ordered me to go to glaveston to look for work as a minister".

And I bet god told him to nuke a baby as well.

Its very scary to know that just about every minister out there has been sent a message from god, and a percentage of them hide there true colors. Who exactly are we worshiping here? A god who tells you to nuke babys or slams cars into buildings, or stones a beautiful 17 year old girl to death?

Can someone tell me why some people get "orderd by god" to work as his servant, then respond with the most godless act known to man.

Why cant everyone just stop claiming that god talks to you, and just stick to worship and prayer? God does NOT talk! He is not going to hit you up on your cell phone and ask you to ride a bike around all day in funny underwear. He is not going to Instant message you about how you should pick up Osama from the airport, and then go bomb yourself or something. And he is certainly not going to talk to some 19 year old shit stain about how he desperately needs help at the ministry in Glaveston Texas, of all places. Glaveston!!! Alert all the 19 year olds someone, Glaveston is in trouble! It needs spiritual guidence! We need a 19 year old!!!!!!

{A 19-year-old was arrested and charged after police said his 2-month-old daughter was burned when he placed her in a microwave, KPRC Local 2 reported Wednesday.

Joshua Mauldin, of Arkansas, has been charged with injury to a child causing serious harm. He is in the Galveston County jail with bond set at $250,000.

At Shriners Burns Hospital on Tuesday, doctors treated internal injuries and third-degree burns the infant suffered to the left side of her face and left hand. She is listed in critical condition.}

And why did this guy go to Glaveston you ask? He said and I quote "god ordered me to go to glaveston to look for work as a minister".

And I bet god told him to nuke a baby as well.

Its very scary to know that just about every minister out there has been sent a message from god, and a percentage of them hide there true colors. Who exactly are we worshiping here? A god who tells you to nuke babys or slams cars into buildings, or stones a beautiful 17 year old girl to death?

Can someone tell me why some people get "orderd by god" to work as his servant, then respond with the most godless act known to man.

Why cant everyone just stop claiming that god talks to you, and just stick to worship and prayer? God does NOT talk! He is not going to hit you up on your cell phone and ask you to ride a bike around all day in funny underwear. He is not going to Instant message you about how you should pick up Osama from the airport, and then go bomb yourself or something. And he is certainly not going to talk to some 19 year old shit stain about how he desperately needs help at the ministry in Glaveston Texas, of all places. Glaveston!!! Alert the UN someone, Glaveston is in trouble! It needs spiritual guidence!

Amen.
Through manifest destiny, god told pilgrims to take America from the natives. Throughout history, god is supposedly telling people to do things. How arrogant or deluded these people must be.

I remember when god supposedly told Oral Roberts that he would be called home if he could not raise $8 million.

Roberts achieved widespread notoriety in 1987 when, during extreme financial difficulties, he proclaimed that God would "call him home" if he did not raise the $8 million necessary to keep his operations open. Fortunately for Roberts, just three hours before the announced deadline the goal was reached through the donation of $1.3 from a dog track owner. Despite this, his City of Faith Medical Center had to be closed just two years later.

See http://atheism.about.com/library/glossary/western/bldef_robertsoral.htm

Amen.
Through manifest destiny, god told pilgrims to take America from the natives. Throughout history, god is supposedly telling people to do things. How arrogant or deluded these people must be.
No, No, No, and again No. Manifest destiny came waaaaaaay after the pilgrims. And, while it wasn't quite as touchy feely as the Thanksgiving day kindergarten special would have you believe, the pilgrims got on better with the Indians than later colonists.

I remember when god supposedly told Oral Roberts that he would be called home if he could not raise $8 million.

Roberts achieved widespread notoriety in 1987 when, during extreme financial difficulties, he proclaimed that God would "call him home" if he did not raise the $8 million necessary to keep his operations open. Fortunately for Roberts, just three hours before the announced deadline the goal was reached through the donation of $1.3 from a dog track owner. Despite this, his City of Faith Medical Center had to be closed just two years later.
And so you contend that genuine belief in God speaking to or thru someone is inherently venal?

See http://atheism.about.com/library/glossary/western/bldef_robertsoral.htm

While your beliefs (religiously speaking) are your own, your beliefs (historical and assumptive) need a bit of work methinks. Have a good weekend.

No, No, No, and again No. Manifest destiny came waaaaaaay after the pilgrims. And, while it wasn't quite as touchy feely as the Thanksgiving day kindergarten special would have you believe, the pilgrims got on better with the Indians than later colonists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifest_destiny

The phrase "Manifest Destiny" was first used primarily by Jackson Democrats after 1845 to promote the annexation of much of what is now the Western United States (the Oregon Territory, the Texas Annexation, and the Mexican Cession). The term was partly revived in the 1890s, this time with Republican supporters, as a theoretical justification for U.S. expansion outside of North America.

Okay. I was technically incorrect on some insignificant point but the gist of my message is still the same. I recall the erroneous and fallacious comments that my grade school teacher told me. I also recall when I had the courage to question her. When she said that Columbus discovered the new world, I told her that I wish that I could wander down the street and discover a new house – one with a large bedroom.

We sure traded with the Indians. We gave them diseases in exchange for their fertile land. Sorry if I sound a bit bitter. It may be due to the touchy-feely red-white-and-blue bull I was fed so long in school.

And so you contend that genuine belief in God speaking to or thru someone is inherently venal?

No. Not every instance is venal. Some of it is delusional. Some of it is due to an overactive imagination and wishful thinking.

Okay. I was technically incorrect on some insignificant point but the gist of my message is still the same. I recall the erroneous and fallacious comments that my grade school teacher told me. I also recall when I had the courage to question her. When she said that Columbus discovered the new world, I told her that I wish that I could wander down the street and discover a new house – one with a large bedroom.

We sure traded with the Indians. We gave them diseases in exchange for their fertile land. Sorry if I sound a bit bitter. It may be due to the touchy-feely red-white-and-blue bull I was fed so long in school.

Most diseases were passed on inadvertently since the euros and the Indians each had differing environments which made immune systems more susceptible. Later, deliberate infection became a tactic in the wars. But during the time we are talking about.......

No. Not every instance is venal. Some of it is delusional. Some of it is due to an overactive imagination and wishful thinking.
Am I the only one noticing the intolerance in your view? I believe in God and apparently you don't. According to you I am either venal, delusional, or I have an overactive imagination and fall prey to wishful thinking. Is that any more tolerant than if I ranted against all atheists and declared them to be fools for not seeing Gods beauty all around them..... and of course consigned them to hell since forgiveness obviously isn't an option?

I work on about sixty hours a week and thus am wary of throwing stones.

Am I the only one noticing the intolerance in your view? I believe in God and apparently you don't. According to you I am either venal, delusional, or I have an overactive imagination and fall prey to wishful thinking. Is that any more tolerant than if I ranted against all atheists and declared them to be fools for not seeing Gods beauty all around them..... and of course consigned them to hell since forgiveness obviously isn't an option?

I’m just as tolerant as anyone else. I’m merely giving my opinion. I’m not ranting. I’m not marching down the street with a sign saying “God Hates Fags”. I simply share my opinion on those who think that God speaks to them. I think that much of what they hear is their own thinking and imagination. It is their need to feel important, significant, and to have a place in the “grand scheme of things”. If God really spoke to people who say that he speaks to them we would not have such deplorable behavior by such noted people – in my humble opinion.

Did God tell the Baker’s to create a party place (the PTL (pass the loot) Club for Christians and buy air-conditioned doghouses with the money? Did he tell Swaggart to fraternize with a prostitute not once but twice?

Check out these stories about people that think that God led them – GOD:

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/sheep.html

I can say “shame on you” just as well as anyone. Yet, I am not consigning people to any ultimate location. To think that one could do so would be the ultimate in selfrighteous arrogance. Ultimately, if God exists, he, she, it, or they will make that decision.

I’m just as tolerant as anyone else.
With respect, I don't think so. Your general demeanor suggests that belief in God isn't sane or rationl. Not believing in God and not ridiculing those that do are not mutually exclusive.
I’m merely giving my opinion. I’m not ranting. I’m not marching down the street with a sign saying “God Hates Fags”.
Well that is good. For a minute I was worried. By the way it is possible to profess belief in God and be a whacko nutjob who didn't get the memo about doing unto others and forgiveness.
I simply share my opinion on those who think that God speaks to them.
Hey, God speaks to me on a daily basis. It's the little voices in my head. There is the little voice that reminds me to be grateful I have a job instead of complaining about the long hours. It's the niggling sensation at the back of the brain when I seriously am tempted to do something wrong, even if I believe there is no hope in hell of me being caught. Then, let's not forget that most famous method of God speaking to me....... the hunch. The sure knowledge/feeling that if you do A, then B will follow. I guess I am a nut as well.
I think that much of what they hear is their own thinking and imagination. It is their need to feel important, significant, and to have a place in the “grand scheme of things”.
Possible. But not definite. I would suggest you evaluate the person the way God does, as an individual.
If God really spoke to people who say that he speaks to them we would not have such deplorable behavior by such noted people – in my humble opinion.

Did God tell the Baker’s to create a party place (the PTL (pass the loot) Club for Christians and buy air-conditioned doghouses with the money? Did he tell Swaggart to fraternize with a prostitute not once but twice?
Did God make you perfect? I sure am not. I don't know how I would act with that much money flowing in daily. I love my Dog and Texas is hot. Air conditioning is something I would like to provide since she is outside during the day while I am at work. AS to prostitution, I suspect that Jimmy exercised his God given free will and got him an ugly whore. I don't remember him ever claiming that God told him to.

Check out these stories about people that think that God led them – GOD:

http://www.jesusneverexisted.com/sheep.html
Just the title of the web page, "Jesus never existed - Sheep", tells me how it will go. But, at least they are fully honest in thier belief and they are welcome to it.

I can say “shame on you” just as well as anyone. Yet, I am not consigning people to any ultimate location. To think that one could do so would be the ultimate in selfrighteous arrogance. Ultimately, if God exists, he, she, it, or they will make that decision.
Very true. Which is why I don't condemn you or belittle your belief or lack thereof. Just remember about the little voices. IF they are strongly pushing you to do the right thing, but leaving it totally up to you.......

Originally I meant to say that I work about sixty hours a week on Glass. And thus I am wary of throwing stones. Now that I've had a nap, I'm better.

With respect, I don't think so. Your general demeanor suggests that belief in God isn't sane or rationl. Not believing in God and not ridiculing those that do are not mutually exclusive.

I am not arguing whether or not God exists. Part of me thinks that there must be intelligent design. The “big bang” and evolution theory still have questions to answer. I simply do not believe that god speaks to people.

Hey, God speaks to me on a daily basis. It's the little voices in my head. There is the little voice that reminds me to be grateful I have a job instead of complaining about the long hours. It's the niggling sensation at the back of the brain when I seriously am tempted to do something wrong, even if I believe there is no hope in hell of me being caught. Then, let's not forget that most famous method of God speaking to me....... the hunch. The sure knowledge/feeling that if you do A, then B will follow. I guess I am a nut as well.

This could just as likely resulted from social conditioning, good parenting, and evolution. It could be due to a desire to be a good person – Your super ego / conscience driving you to be good so that you don’t support a negative self-esteem. There are many atheists who share the same value of being good.

Just the title of the web page, "Jesus never existed - Sheep", tells me how it will go. But, at least they are fully honest in thier belief and they are welcome to it.

I know that no one is perfect. I just find it hard to believe that people can really truly believe in JESUS, heaven, a place of eternal peace, and behave the way that they do. If I believed to the degree that they supposedly believe, I would not do 1/1000000000 the unethical and corrupt things that they do.

New Topics

Forum List

Back