Baby Dies After Thrown From Fourth Floor Hospital Parking Garage

Angelhair

Aug 22, 2009
A 7-month-old baby thrown from the fourth floor of a hospital parking lot by his own mother died Wednesday, authorities said.

The child died the same day the mother, Sonia Hermosillo, 31, made an initial court appearance on charges of attempted murder and felony child abuse, a police spokesman said. The charges will now be upgraded to murder, Sgt. Dan Adams, spokesman for the Orange Police Department.

The baby died at the University of California, Irvine, Medical Center.

Prosecutors allege that Hermosillo removed a helmet that her son wore for a medical condition before tossing him from the parking structure at Children's Hospital of Orange County late Monday. She then went back inside the hospital to validate her parking, senior deputy district attorney Scott Simmons said after Hermosillo's hearing.

Hermosillo's husband, Noe Medina, told The Orange County Register in an interview Tuesday that his wife had been hospitalized for postpartum depression in June after she said she didn't want their son, Noe Medina Jr., who was diagnosed with congenital muscular torticollis - a twisting of the neck to one side.

The infant also wore a helmet to help correct his plagiocephaly, also known as flat-head syndrome, the Register reported.

"She didn't look at our son as normal," Medina said. "She didn't accept him. She didn't accept that he was like this."

Medina said the boy was receiving physical therapy twice a week and was showing signs of improvement.

Simmons, the prosecutor, said Hermosillo's behavior showed she intended to kill her son, regardless of her mental state.

"It's not like she's in a fetal position when the police arrived," he said. "She picks a specific location, drives to the top of the building (and) takes the helmet off. I'm sure she's depressed, the post-partum blues, I'm sure she had some of that."

"It's going to be up to a jury to decide if she had the wherewithal to inform the intent to kill."

Hermosillo made a brief court appearance Wednesday, but her arraignment was postponed until Sept. 16.

Orange County Superior Court Judge Joe Perez set bail at $1 million, but federal immigration officials have a no-bail hold to keep her in custody because she is in the U.S. illegally, said Jim Amormino, sheriff's spokesman.

Baby Dies After Thrown From Fourth Floor Hospital Parking Garage | Fox News Latino

More proof illegal immigration is bad for the country. exactly who is paying her medical bills and for the trial? US!!!

More proof illegal immigration is bad for the country. exactly who is paying her medical bills and for the trial? US!!!

So everything would be different if this was a good ol merican white woman?

Fucking idiot.

No, not really - but - they should not be here in order to commit such tragic crimes. Let THEIR countries take the responsibility if they commit ANY crime!! 'Nuff already!!!

AND.......the woman is an ILLEGAL alien. AND who I am sure had this poor child to 'anchor' herself to this country not realizing that the baby might NOT be born 'perfect'.

I assume there are people who would have been fine with this if she had aborted at 8 months based on knowledge of the child's defects.

Somehow this is different.

You foster an environment where imperfect children are disposable, and mothers have the right to kill them in utero...then boo hoo when mothers carry that attitude after the baby is born.

I think it's pretty obvious the woman is ignorant of the child's condition, probably not well versed in English, suffering from depression, and undoubtedly felt she was acting in the best interests of the baby.

All perfectly acceptable reasons to kill babies in this country at this time. Post birth abortion. Get over it.

I assume there are people who would have been fine with this if she had aborted at 8 months based on knowledge of the child's defects.

Somehow this is different.

You foster an environment where imperfect children are disposable, and mothers have the right to kill them in utero...then boo hoo when mothers carry that attitude after the baby is born.

I think it's pretty obvious the woman is ignorant of the child's condition, probably not well versed in English, suffering from depression, and undoubtedly felt she was acting in the best interests of the baby.

All perfectly acceptable reasons to kill babies in this country at this time. Post birth abortion. Get over it.

And we managed to make the abortion connection in less than 18 posts.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I just find it perplexing that the same people who fight for a woman's right to destroy her baby in her body have a problem with her destroying the baby once it exits her body. Particularly given the fact that often, the aborted babies are alive upon exiting mom's body at birth.

There's no diff. Live with your choice, love it, embrace it. Moms have the right to kill their offspring. I'm sure it will reduce the welfare rolls and eliminate crime!

I just find it perplexing that the same people who fight for a woman's right to destroy her baby in her body have a problem with her destroying the baby once it exits her body. Particularly given the fact that often, the aborted babies are alive upon exiting mom's body at birth.

There's no diff. Live with your choice, love it, embrace it. Moms have the right to kill their offspring. I'm sure it will reduce the welfare rolls and eliminate crime!

fuck off

I know you find it perplexing. So perplexing that you feel the need to turn this into yet another abortion thread.

It's okay, I'll bet we solve the whole abortion thing this time!

As harsh as that post may sound, she has a point.

We can't agree on when life begins. How do we decide when it should end.

:(

As harsh as that post may sound, she has a point.

We can't agree on when life begins. How do we decide when it should end.

:(

Everyone has a point. The thing with the rabidly pro-life people is that they find a way to interject their point into everything.

I guess you miss all the threads that have a pro-death loon interjecting "this is what happens when women are forced to give birth!"

Forum List

Back