Axl Rose - What the hell happened?

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
Oh man.

Axl Rose isn't looking anything like the lithe rock star he was at the height of his fame. When Guns N' Roses played at the Rock in Rio festival in Brazil this week, the 49-year-old sole original member cut a figure that was a far cry from the lean and mean body that made him a hard rock pin-up in the late '80s.
Nearly Unrecognizable Axl Rose Gives Lackluster Performance - Amplifier

There's a vid included. It's sad...really. :confused:

For the love of all that is holy!!!

Yeah. He is a little late in the game to all of a sudden give a damn about his career. He must be broke.

The only saving grace we have is that he has remained silent on important issues. I like G & R and I don't much care what he looks like-I just want the sound. I have not forgiven his history of canceling shows due to his habits. I think that paying $80 for a piece of nostalgia is crap. When the hell has he EVER done his best for ANY of his shows?

Yeah. He is a little late in the game to all of a sudden give a damn about his career. He must be broke.

The only saving grace we have is that he has remained silent on important issues. I like G & R and I don't much care what he looks like-I just want the sound. I have not forgiven his history of canceling shows due to his habits. I think that paying $80 for a piece of nostalgia is crap. When the hell has he EVER done his best for ANY of his shows?

He sang like shit. And his side band played the song better then him. There's no excuse for coming in late on your own song. And he did it several times. As well as being remarkably flat.

You can get away with not looking good. But not performing well? Sheesh.

Yes, I saw him in Las Vegas around five years ago. He looked terrible. Bad plastic surgery really has done him in.

Regarding him not performing well. That was a commonplace issue for Axl.

He sang like shit. And his side band played the song better then him. There's no excuse for coming in late on your own song. And he did it several times. As well as being remarkably flat.

You can get away with not looking good. But not performing well? Sheesh.

Axl Rose might be the lone exception in rock and roll history where one person kicked out the rest of the members of the band.

Yes, I saw him in Las Vegas around five years ago. He looked terrible. Bad plastic surgery really has done him in.

Regarding him not performing well. That was a commonplace issue for Axl.

Yeah, his voice was overdubbed to the max on the recordings. And two hours late is basically par for the course for him too.

He was always so concerned about body image too. He wanted all of his band members to go to any lengths to stay slim whether it involved surgery or whatever..

Fitting end for this formerly edgy performer. Maybe he should think about a real job.

And all those bangle bracelets and rings on his right hand prolly had him weighing about 20 pounds more ~LoL~

Grace Slick, when asked why she wouldn't re-join Starship for a reunion tour said; "Nothing looks more pathetic than a bunch of old guys on stage playing Rock music".

That being said;

Warren Haynes of Gov't Mule and Zakk Wylde of Black Label Society aren't young and aint exactly "slim jims" but they're still kickin' ass.

Appetite for Destruction is still one of the best albums of the 80s and certainly the "hair" bands. Those guys were talented. Until They imploded over Axls utter mania, they were making great music. They started to slide when Izzy Stradlin left. He wrote most of their songs. Or at least his collaboration seemed to be crucial.

Forum List

Back