Axelrod Throws State Department Under Benghazi Bus

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Obama needs a bigger bus....

October 14, 2012 10:25 A.M.

The State Department is the latest casualty of the Obama administration’s obfuscation of the events surrounding the Benghazi attack.

Tearing a few pages out of the old Clinton playbook, David Axelrod carefully defined the word “we” this morning for Fox News’ Chris Wallace: when the Vice President said in Wednesday’s debate that “we” weren’t aware of the Benghazi consulate’s requests for increased security, “we” included only the President and the Vice President – not the Obama administration at large or the State Department. You got that, right?

In response to Wallace’s inquiry about whether the President takes personal responsibility for the denial of security requests in Benghazi, Axelrod said, “these were judgments that were made by security folks at the State Department.”

Axelrod Throws State Department Under Benghazi Bus - By Eliana Johnson - The Corner - National Review Online

The right conveniently forgetting the compartmentalized nature of delegating authority across the executive branch, republican or democrat, nothing goes all the way to the top, routine matters have a guy who is not the president in charge. These attempts to tie executive branch fuckups to the president are as futile as it was to tie "faulty intelligence" to the Bush administration.

The right conveniently forgetting the compartmentalized nature of delegating authority across the executive branch, republican or democrat, nothing goes all the way to the top, routine matters have a guy who is not the president in charge. These attempts to tie executive branch fuckups to the president are as futile as it was to tie "faulty intelligence" to the Bush administration.

delegating authority does not excuse leaders from responsibility.....

why wouldn't oversight make sure to protect U.S. Embassies in countries at war.....?

what is the purpose of leadership anyhow.....?

The Congressional Hearing Regarding the Benghazi Incident.

Eric Nordstrom, the one-time regional security officer, told the House Oversight Committee that he had a disheartening conversation with the regional director of the agency's Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs when he requested additional manpower for the Benghazi facility.

As the four-hour hearing drew to a close, Nordstrom divulged he had verbally asked for significantly more help -- 12 agents -- but the officer from the Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs had rebuffed his request.
U.S. official says superiors worked against effort to boost Benghazi security - CNN.com

You need read this link and see the idiotic excuses made by the Department of State.

Last edited:

I agree BUT, 5 days later despite established facts to the contrary they sent their number 1 ambassador to the world, Susan Rice to ALL 5 Sunday shows, and her statements were flatly untrue. period.

someone told her to and that and person is whom we need to hear from and, in addition, who told them to tell her....

either Clinton or obama have to answer for this, I suspect as you allude it is Clinton, its her shop, BUT they cannot sack her or piss her off or Bill will disappear when they need him most.

Ergo; they are engaged in a cover up as they play musical chairs or concoct an opéra bouffe of shifting blame , turning it into a mish mash so no one appears truly responsible, so no culpability can be attached directly, there fore it has now become political, and thats on them.

Because they're dishonest?
Just wait...it's so close to election and this isn't going to go away....something BIG will happen before the election to get everyone's mind off this one. It's being planned right now....they have to make Obama look good!

I watched Chris Wallace interview him.. He did a FAB job in nailing him down.. I'm curious to see if Bubba will continue to go out and campaign for Obama now. I'll bet you he's pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed and regrets ever helping this man. LOL

Why such dishonesty by the administration?

Basically because Spielbergs of the planets are running the show. Now under the Clinton's and hang in with me here there was a couple who advised both Clintons out of Hollywood.

Linda cleaned up Hillary to make her "presentable" to America.

She was hated. Linda made her better.

I watched Chris Wallace interview him.. He did a FAB job in nailing him down.. I'm curious to see if Bubba will continue to go out and campaign for Obama now. I'll bet you he's pisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssed and regrets ever helping this man. LOL

It's the dedication to the party. Because President Clinton is part of the Pesident's club he's not going to nuke out this fool.

He's stuck in the middle.

Basically because Spielbergs of the planets are running the show. Now under the Clinton's and hang in with me here there was a couple who advised both Clintons out of Hollywood.

seems to me Hillary doesn't give a damn anymore........i'm sure both Clintons are seething there under the bus....

No one forgets that at all. What the left seems to want to ignore is the fact that you are responsible for those actions weather or not it was your final decision. I really don’t care who makes the bad call, the person in charge is held accountable.

seems to me Hillary doesn't give a damn anymore........i'm sure both Clintons are seething there under the bus....

They must be appalled.

I love true Democrats. We can banter. We can engage each other. What is so sad is I can't remember the last Democrat I met in this last decade. The party has been lost.

No one forgets that at all. What the left seems to want to ignore is the fact that you are responsible for those actions weather or not it was your final decision. I really don’t care who makes the bad call, the person in charge is held accountable.

If no one has forgotten then why the immediate rush to find Obama impeachably guilty of negligence in this matter? At best this will go as far as the person in charge of embassy security who made whatever decision that led to this tragedy and you will all be bitterly disappointed that the president was not hounded from office. I have no problem with investigating this matter but republicans will have a huge problem when yet another investigation with Obama himself as the target fails to reach your foregone conclusions.

If no one has forgotten then why the immediate rush to find Obama impeachably guilty of negligence in this matter? At best this will go as far as the person in charge of embassy security who made whatever decision that led to this tragedy and you will all be bitterly disappointed that the president was not hounded from office. I have no problem with investigating this matter but republicans will have a huge problem when yet another investigation with Obama himself as the target fails to reach your foregone conclusions.

Sweetie we'll hound him from Office Nov 6.

No you won't and you will probably think that's a horrible conspiracy also.

They must be appalled.

I love true Democrats. We can banter. We can engage each other. What is so sad is I can't remember the last Democrat I met in this last decade. The party has been lost.

yes i'm sure the Clintons are appalled and quite angry about this.....

hillary-bus.gif

however you can bet the Clintons won't take it lying down...

With tensions between President Obama and the Clintons at a new high, former President Bill Clinton is moving fast to develop a contingency plan for how his wife, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, should react if Obama attempts to tie the Benghazi fiasco around her neck, according to author Ed Klein.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller, Klein said sources close to the Clintons tell him that Bill Clinton has assembled an informal legal team to discuss how the Secretary of State should deal with the issue of being blamed for not preventing the Benghazi terrorist attack last month.

Read more: As Benghazi blame nears Hillary, Clintons grow furious | The Daily Caller

No you won't and you will probably think that's a horrible conspiracy also.

Yes we will.

And I will say I toldousowhen it happens...and YOU"LL be screaming the repubs cheated.

New Topics

Forum List

Back