“Avoid Violence” – Liberals’ New Phony Excuse

I stopped supporting the ACLU when they represented the Klan to get a parade permit on MLK Jr Day, and the cops opposed it because they were worried they couldn't control counter-protestors .. and there turned out to be violence tear gas and arrests.

I stopped supporting the ACLU when they represented the Klan to get a parade permit on MLK Jr Day, and the cops opposed it because they were worried they couldn't control counter-protestors .. and there turned out to be violence tear gas and arrests.

The same ACLU that profusely apologized for posting a photo of a white baby girl after thousands of hateful evil people accused her of being a symbol of white supreamacy..?

Actually that's clear, but what you describe as hate by the legitimate protesters is misguided. The vast majority of those who march are peaceful, and that includes the protests From MLK as Selma to those protests against the Vietnam War and the Bush invasion and occupation of Iraq. Every peaceful protest movement attracts both anarchists and agent provocateurs.

Bullshit. The Vietnam protestors threw bricks at police and the National Guard. They also occupied buildings on campus. You're lumping your thugs and criminals in with decent people who did protest non-violently.

How old are you. I was at CAL from the fall of 1965 - fall of 1967; and the spring of 1970 until I graduated in 1971; then I attended San Francisco St. U. and in both of those experiences I saw mostly peaceful protesters, and when the police (especially the Berkeley PD) began to use tear gas to break up the demonstrations; only then did a few toss them back at the police, most moved on or stood bye and watched. Of course there were agent provocateurs and street thugs who engaged in violent behavior, something which occurs in all urban crowds, even celebrations of a professional or U. team victory.
while true - i also saw (keep in mind i was 5 in 1970) a bunch of "hippies" more or less screaming things like DOWN WITH THE MAN and WE WANT PEACE AND WE'LL KICK YOUR ASS TO GET IT.

at 5 years old that thought process made no sense to me. at 52, it still doesn't.

i also don't recall too many marches down main streets saying they were going to kill cops and fry them like bacon. which side does this bullshit belong to?

the left? alt-left? my guess would be no one from the left would claim these to be "their" mindset. yet these self-same people usually have zero issue finding a white supremacist and making them the poster boy for the right.

is that fair? accurate? or just emotionally correct to whoever is doing it?

the left seems to have a habit to want violence to those not them, then blame "them" for making them do it. then when someone hits back, go SEE I TOLD YOU!

and that is a problem. usually a problem with people not yet into adulthood, but sometimes the inner child carries well into adult life in these situations.

I grew up in the Sunset Dist of San Francisco, not far from the Haight-Ashbury (in fact as a child I attend the Boys Club on Page Street, one block to the north of Haight st. and a few blocks from Hippie Hill in GG Park).

During the Summer of Love (1968) I was on active duty, but there were no violent protests and the Peace Symbol (the index and middle finger spread) was a greeting even I received when on leave with my military short haircut.

Remember, Charles Manson and his tribe probably passed for hippies, and they would not have fit in with those who flocked to The City in the late 1960's; listen to the music which brought them to The Fillmore and The Haight and its all about love and peace.
that's kinda my point. not everything is one or the other. not all "hippies" are out kicking ass for peace. not all hippies are "anti-fa".

not all on the right are racist assholes. it's just easy to depict them that way out of frustration usually. the entire mantra of "how dare trump say good people are on the right" (which to me is what the 'tards of the left are saying) when if you boil it down to people, not labels, trump is correct.

both sides have very good people in this issue *OVERALL*.
both sides have assholes looking for a fight.

*we* tend to bypass the good people on the other side and focus on the assholes and pretend they represent the entire *other* side.

you probably saw the same "issues" in that summer of love. it's a problem we all tend to have in stereotypes. we hate a label and then stick people in that label to keep from understanding them.

so to me, hating a hater isn't any "better" than hating to begin with. saying BUT THEY STARTED IT is a pointless "next move" to say the right has more haters so the left is justified in *their* hate.

like i said long ago, at this point hate is hate. it all needs to stop.

We can agree on that. How can someone convince those who hate people based on their color, creed, gender, gender identity or ethnicity?

Bullshit. The Vietnam protestors threw bricks at police and the National Guard. They also occupied buildings on campus. You're lumping your thugs and criminals in with decent people who did protest non-violently.

How old are you. I was at CAL from the fall of 1965 - fall of 1967; and the spring of 1970 until I graduated in 1971; then I attended San Francisco St. U. and in both of those experiences I saw mostly peaceful protesters, and when the police (especially the Berkeley PD) began to use tear gas to break up the demonstrations; only then did a few toss them back at the police, most moved on or stood bye and watched. Of course there were agent provocateurs and street thugs who engaged in violent behavior, something which occurs in all urban crowds, even celebrations of a professional or U. team victory.
while true - i also saw (keep in mind i was 5 in 1970) a bunch of "hippies" more or less screaming things like DOWN WITH THE MAN and WE WANT PEACE AND WE'LL KICK YOUR ASS TO GET IT.

at 5 years old that thought process made no sense to me. at 52, it still doesn't.

i also don't recall too many marches down main streets saying they were going to kill cops and fry them like bacon. which side does this bullshit belong to?

the left? alt-left? my guess would be no one from the left would claim these to be "their" mindset. yet these self-same people usually have zero issue finding a white supremacist and making them the poster boy for the right.

the left seems to have a habit to want violence to those not them, then blame "them" for making them do it. then when someone hits back, go SEE I TOLD YOU!

and that is a problem. usually a problem with people not yet into adulthood, but sometimes the inner child carries well into adult life in these situations.

I grew up in the Sunset Dist of San Francisco, not far from the Haight-Ashbury (in fact as a child I attend the Boys Club on Page Street, one block to the north of Haight st. and a few blocks from Hippie Hill in GG Park).

During the Summer of Love (1968) I was on active duty, but there were no violent protests and the Peace Symbol (the index and middle finger spread) was a greeting even I received when on leave with my military short haircut.

Remember, Charles Manson and his tribe probably passed for hippies, and they would not have fit in with those who flocked to The City in the late 1960's; listen to the music which brought them to The Fillmore and The Haight and its all about love and peace.
that's kinda my point. not everything is one or the other. not all "hippies" are out kicking ass for peace. not all hippies are "anti-fa".

not all on the right are racist assholes. it's just easy to depict them that way out of frustration usually. the entire mantra of "how dare trump say good people are on the right" (which to me is what the 'tards of the left are saying) when if you boil it down to people, not labels, trump is correct.

*we* tend to bypass the good people on the other side and focus on the assholes and pretend they represent the entire *other* side.

you probably saw the same "issues" in that summer of love. it's a problem we all tend to have in stereotypes. we hate a label and then stick people in that label to keep from understanding them.

so to me, hating a hater isn't any "better" than hating to begin with. saying BUT THEY STARTED IT is a pointless "next move" to say the right has more haters so the left is justified in *their* hate.

We can agree on that. How can someone convince those who hate people based on their color, creed, gender, gender identity or ethnicity?

Postscript: How can you convince bripat, easyt65, P@triot, PoliticChic, Tank, Shootspeeders, miketx, Andaronjim, et al other haters not to hate?

how can we know for sure that's why they hate someone?

people *hated* obama and they were instantly racist.

Postscript: How can you convince bripat, easyt65, P@triot, PoliticChic, Tank, Shootspeeders, miketx, Andaronjim, et al other haters not to hate?
can't. i can only control what i do and using other peoples actions as a way to justify my own - well that's kinda cheating, isnt it?

Hate is largely a theoretical expression
Violence is a perpetrated physical act
Antifucks commit violence and Libs just want to "....but...but...but you Said something hurtful first". Grow up kindergarteners

Ask a Muslim.

Is that the list of all the people you hate?

Hate is largely a theoretical expression
Violence is a perpetrated physical act
Antifucks commit violence and Libs just want to "....but...but...but you Said something hurtful first". Grow up kindergarteners
"Hate" is a leftwing euphemism meaning "truth."

Like those who support malicious racial discrimination against whites in Affirmative Action. Yeah, how can we convince ?

Forum List

Back