Autocracy: Rules for Survival

I dont think you are so naive as to believe that prosecutor misconduct does not exist

you just happen to approve of misconduct directed against trump
What misconduct?

A President has ENORMOUS powers

We're told (and Trumpers brag) that he "can" do this and "can" do that...he can fire anyone for any reason...he can pardon anyone for any reason...there are very few checks on the power of an American President

What has kept former Presidents in check are

Respect for rule of law
Protection of reputation
Impeachment
Political price paid for infractions

Trump cares about none of those.

He is untethered...and dangerous for democracy

It's amazing how much you care now, when people like you ignored Obama ignoring things like the Senate's role in foreign treaties when it came to the Iran "deal"
Coming up with irrelevant whataboutisms does not address what the Groper-in-Chief is doing.

That isn't a 'whataboutism", its a specific event where Obama basically ignored the Constitution because he knew the Senate would not approve of the "agreement", which was a Treaty.

What I am is showing is your and your sides rank hypocrisy.
Look, I get it, you don't want to talk about what Trump is doing. It's to be expected.

And you really don't want to talk about an obvious case of "Autocratic" behavior becuase the wrong person (to you) was doing it.

Now go run with your tail behind your legs, you bitchy little soi boi poseur.
If you want to discuss your fantasies about Obama you are free to start a thread about them. This one is about el Duce Don.

It's amazing how much you care now, when people like you ignored Obama ignoring things like the Senate's role in foreign treaties when it came to the Iran "deal"
Coming up with irrelevant whataboutisms does not address what the Groper-in-Chief is doing.

That isn't a 'whataboutism", its a specific event where Obama basically ignored the Constitution because he knew the Senate would not approve of the "agreement", which was a Treaty.

Look, I get it, you don't want to talk about what Trump is doing. It's to be expected.

And you really don't want to talk about an obvious case of "Autocratic" behavior becuase the wrong person (to you) was doing it.

If you want to discuss your fantasies about Obama you are free to start a thread about them. This one is about el Duce Don.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

Please show me one constitutional violation done by Trump that is as obvious as the one I referenced above done by Obama.

"I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone...."

Yeah, you're reeeeeeeealy concerned about autocratic authoritarians. :blahblah:
Get back to me when you can cite an example of Obama having his AG intervene in the sentencing of a friend as a reward for the friend's obstruction of an investigation in to Obama. Or retaliate against people who testified truthfully about his wrongdoing. Or attack a judge in order to intimidate her prior to a sentencing hearing.
Stone is an American citizen who was wrongfully treated simply because the Deep State wanted to bring down a US president

There is no such thing as the Deep State. This is another Trumpian lie, that he feeds to his base to keep them riled up. Every time Trump gets called out or caught doing something that violates the Constitution, the law, or common decency, he claims that the mythological "Deep State" is out to get him.

People who love America, who believe in the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, who uphold their oath to serve, and who will not follow Trump's illegal and unjust orders, are not some conspiracy out to thwart the will of the people. They are the ones who ensure that the Republic will go on.

Right now, you are on the knife edge. But blinding following a man who doesn't have the best interests of the nation or its people at heart, is leading directly to authoritarianism and tyranny.

Trump and his lies and abuse are destroying the very foundations the country was founded on. Not that you care. Attacking liberals is all you care about.

Dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge.

Please show me one constitutional violation done by Trump that is as obvious as the one I referenced above done by Obama.
The obstruction of the Mueller investigation and the House impeachment inquiry.

I dont think you are so naive as to believe that prosecutor misconduct does not exist

What misconduct?
In Stones case mueller targeted him because they wanted to turn him into a witness against trump

so they raided his home with a swat team and had CNN cameras there to record it

that was total misconduct

then trying to imprison him for 9 years when a rapist only get 4 1/2 years

Get back to me when you can cite an example of Obama having his AG intervene in the sentencing of a friend as a reward for the friend's obstruction of an investigation in to Obama. Or retaliate against people who testified truthfully about his wrongdoing. Or attack a judge in order to intimidate her prior to a sentencing hearing.
Stone is an American citizen who was wrongfully treated simply because the Deep State wanted to bring down a US president

There is no such thing as the Deep State. This is another Trumpian lie, that he feeds to his base to keep them riled up. Every time Trump gets called out or caught doing something that violates the Constitution, the law, or common decency, he claims that the mythological "Deep State" is out to get him.

People who love America, who believe in the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights, who uphold their oath to serve, and who will not follow Trump's illegal and unjust orders, are not some conspiracy out to thwart the will of the people. They are the ones who ensure that the Republic will go on.

Right now, you are on the knife edge. But blinding following a man who doesn't have the best interests of the nation or its people at heart, is leading directly to authoritarianism and tyranny.

Trump and his lies and abuse are destroying the very foundations the country was founded on. Not that you care. Attacking liberals is all you care about.
The “Deep State” was not a trump term

it was already a subject for discussion when trump was sworn in

Are you a canadian?

Take a breath chicken little the ski is not falling.
You can't imagine how much I wish it wasn't. But it is. Because to me, it doesn't matter if this is just a one time fall from the founding ideals in to flirting with autocracy. The fact that it happened at all, in this country, absolutely crushes me.
Listening to a prog stooge twaddle on about the founding ideals of this nation is physically sickening....It's you dickweeds who have been slowly overturning those ideals for over a century.

Spare us your phony-assed crocodile tears.
I'd ask you to defend those remarks with some factual substantiation but we both know that's never going to happen.

Attacking the 2nd Amendment, sanctuary cities, impoverishing the middle class through regulations, and taxes to turn them back into serfs, i can go on and on, but that should give you an idea.
I'm sure you can go on. The thing is, spewing bullshyte doesn't really make your case. How's about you actually try to prove anything you wrote?

There is ample proof of what I say just listen to the news.

How the Deep State Came to America: A History

What misconduct?
In Stones case mueller targeted him because they wanted to turn him into a witness against trump

The sentencing guidelines for his crimes call for up to 50 years. Sending a SWAT team to raid his house isn't judicial misconduct.

What misconduct?

The sentencing guidelines for his crimes call for up to 50 years. Sending a SWAT team to raid his house isn't judicial misconduct.
It certainly is misconduct

it was grandstanding by the Deep State

What misconduct?
denial-meme.jpg

How the Deep State Came to America: A History
The Deep State has been attested to by no less than the highest ranking democrat swamp rat on the senate - aka chuck schumer

chuck schumer warns trump about intelligence

Democrats' Senate leader hints at intelligence 'revenge plot' on Trump | Daily Mail Online

Get back to me when you can cite an example of Obama having his AG intervene in the sentencing of a friend as a reward for the friend's obstruction of an investigation in to Obama. Or retaliate against people who testified truthfully about his wrongdoing. Or attack a judge in order to intimidate her prior to a sentencing hearing. Or intervened in the granting of a Pentagon contract.
How about when the IRS abused its authority to deny free speech rights, and was let off the hook?

Or when Holder and Oboingo schemed to run guns into Mexico?

Or when Holder broomed a legitimate polling place intimidation case, because it was the New Black Panthers perpetrating the crimes?

Or when Lynch met secretly (or so she thought) on the tarmac of an airport, to meet with the husband of a subject of numerous federal investigations?

1fbjkk.jpg

Get back to me when you can cite an example of Obama having his AG intervene in the sentencing of a friend as a reward for the friend's obstruction of an investigation in to Obama. Or retaliate against people who testified truthfully about his wrongdoing. Or attack a judge in order to intimidate her prior to a sentencing hearing. Or intervened in the granting of a Pentagon contract.
How about when the IRS abused its authority to deny free speech rights, and was let off the hook?

Or when Holder and Oboingo schemed to run guns into Mexico?

Or when Holder broomed a legitimate polling place intimidation case, because it was the New Black Panthers perpetrating the crimes?

Or when Lynch met secretly (or so she thought) on the tarmac of an airport, to meet with the husband of a subject of numerous federal investigations?

1fbjkk.jpg
The New Black Panthers were Holders « people »

What misconduct?

It's the standard operating procedure for the service of warrants and arrests by the FBI. Stone is a criminal who was indicted by a Grand Jury, arrested by the FBI, charged, tried and FOUND GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES BY A JURY OF HIS PEERS.

There is NOTHING illegal, improper or conspiratorial in the treatment of Roger Stone. Furthermore, the Trump Administration has ordered the Justice Department to aske for MAXIMUM sentences under the guidlines for ANY defendant who pleads not guilty, refuses to cooperate, goes to trial and is convicted. So Trump is violating his own policies to do favours for his friends.

There is no way to spin this as anything other than President Trump wants his friends and associates to feel free to violate any laws they choose. That's not America. That's a banana republic.

It's the standard operating procedure for the service of warrants and arrests by the FBI. Stone is a criminal who was indicted by a Grand Jury, arrested by the FBI, charged, tried and FOUND GUILTY ON ALL CHARGES BY A JURY OF HIS PEERS.

There is NOTHING illegal, improper or conspiratorial in the treatment of Roger Stone. Furthermore, the Trump Administration has ordered the Justice Department to aske for MAXIMUM sentences under the guidlines for ANY defendant who pleads not guilty, refuses to cooperate, goes to trial and is convicted. So Trump is violating his own policies to do favours for his friends.

There is no way to spin this as anything other than President Trump wants his friends and associates to feel free to violate any laws they choose. That's not America. That's a banana republic.
When is it SOP to send in a heavily armed SWAT team - including a helicopter, two assault boats, and APCs- to arrest a nonviolent perp in is 70s and his handicapped wife?

What misconduct?

Are you a canadian?

What misconduct?

Are you a canadian?

Are you incapable of figuring that out for yourself? Are you that lazy and stupid?

Forum List

Back