Autocracy: Rules for Survival

Yes folks...the sky is falling.

Trump has unleashed the Department of Justice on whoever he considers to be his enemy.

And there is nothing to stop him
Did you think, like I did, now that it's gotten this bad some congressional Repubs would object? It's their cowardice that I find most surprising.
A President has ENORMOUS powers

We're told (and Trumpers brag) that he "can" do this and "can" do that...he can fire anyone for any reason...he can pardon anyone for any reason...there are very few checks on the power of an American President

What has kept former Presidents in check are

Respect for rule of law
Protection of reputation
Impeachment
Political price paid for infractions

Trump cares about none of those.

He is untethered...and dangerous for democracy

It's amazing how much you care now, when people like you ignored Obama ignoring things like the Senate's role in foreign treaties when it came to the Iran "deal"

Trump has unleashed the Department of Justice on whoever he considers to be his enemy.

Did you think, like I did, now that it's gotten this bad some congressional Repubs would object? It's their cowardice that I find most surprising.

We're told (and Trumpers brag) that he "can" do this and "can" do that...he can fire anyone for any reason...he can pardon anyone for any reason...there are very few checks on the power of an American President

Respect for rule of law
Protection of reputation
Impeachment

It's amazing how much you care now, when people like you ignored Obama ignoring things like the Senate's role in foreign treaties when it came to the Iran "deal"
That was (D)ifferent!

"I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone...."

Yeah, you're reeeeeeeealy concerned about autocratic authoritarians. :blahblah:
Get back to me when you can cite an example of Obama having his AG intervene in the sentencing of a friend as a reward for the friend's obstruction of an investigation in to Obama. Or retaliate against people who testified truthfully about his wrongdoing. Or attack a judge in order to intimidate her prior to a sentencing hearing. Or intervened in the granting of a Pentagon contract.

Last edited:
Take a breath chicken little the ski is not falling.
You can't imagine how much I wish it wasn't. But it is. Because to me, it doesn't matter if this is just a one time fall from the founding ideals in to flirting with autocracy. The fact that it happened at all, in this country, absolutely crushes me.
Take a break drama queen I doubt even you believe the BS you post.

Sadly, none of it is bullshit. Trump's attempt to use the Justice Department to investigate his political enemies. He's still trying to lock Hillary up and has demanded 5 investigations of all things Hillary since he came to office.

Justice is now investigating the Bidens, using the garbage Guliani is digging up in the Ukraine. Trump is demanding investigations of John Bolton and wants Comey charged.

Trump is a clear and present danger.

Get back to me when you can cite an example of Obama having his AG intervene in the sentencing of a friend as a reward for the friend's obstruction of an investigation in to Obama. Or retaliate against people who testified truthfully about his wrongdoing. Or attack a judge in order to intimidate her prior to a sentencing hearing.
Stone is an American citizen who was wrongfully treated simply because the Deep State wanted to bring down a US president

You can't imagine how much I wish it wasn't. But it is. Because to me, it doesn't matter if this is just a one time fall from the founding ideals in to flirting with autocracy. The fact that it happened at all, in this country, absolutely crushes me.
Take a break drama queen I doubt even you believe the BS you post.

Sadly, none of it is bullshit. Trump's attempt to use the Justice Department to investigate his political enemies. He's still trying to lock Hillary up and has demanded 5 investigations of all things Hillary since he came to office.

Justice is now investigating the Bidens, using the garbage Guliani is digging up in the Ukraine. Trump is demanding investigations of John Bolton and wants Comey charged.

Trump is a clear and present danger.

And yet you aren't manning the barricades yet.

This was not a one-time fail but rather a long awaited shout out and pushback by the Silent Majority

the left has tried every dirty trick it knows to bring trump down

but he’s still chugging along thank God

These aren't "dirty tricks". Nor is this a push back from any majority of the American Public. Americans are appalled at the criminal behaviour of this President, from separating families, to attacking and publically humiliating staffers who disagree or criticize him. The list of his dangerous behaviours grow by the day.

None of these behaviours by Trump are new or suprising. He's played fast and loose with the law, bribed public officials, and bullied others all of his adult life. None of this is new, and this is why there has been so much opposition to this President.

He should be in jail, not the White House. In your heart of hearts, you know it too. This man is destroying American democracy, on purpose, and you know it.

This was not a one-time fail but rather a long awaited shout out and pushback by the Silent Majority

These aren't "dirty tricks". Nor is this a push back from any majority of the American Public. Americans are appalled at the criminal behaviour of this President, from separating families, to attacking and publically humiliating staffers who disagree or criticize him. The list of his dangerous behaviours grow by the day.

None of these behaviours by Trump are new or suprising. He's played fast and loose with the law, bribed public officials, and bullied others all of his adult life. None of this is new, and this is why there has been so much opposition to this President.

He should be in jail, not the White House. In your heart of hearts, you know it too. This man is destroying American democracy, on purpose, and you know it.

Lol, the Canadian speaking for "Americans".

All I know is dumb canucks like you have sold out your freedoms, and want us to join you.

It is the trump haters who are engaged in criminal behavour by the Deep State and democrats in congress

Liberals are pushing America to become a banana republic by trying to gain power outside the election process

All I know is dumb canucks like you have sold out your freedoms, and want us to join you.
Is DragonLady a canadian?

Respect for rule of law
Protection of reputation
Impeachment

Coming up with irrelevant whataboutisms does not address what the Groper-in-Chief is doing.

Is DragonLady a canadian?

I'll let her answer that eh,

It is the trump haters who are engaged in criminal behavour by the Deep State and democrats in congress

Liberals are pushing America to become a banana republic by trying to gain power outside the election process
Gosh, what a pile of crap. Can you be specific rather than spewing nonsense?

Respect for rule of law
Protection of reputation
Impeachment

Coming up with irrelevant whataboutisms does not address what the Groper-in-Chief is doing.

That isn't a 'whataboutism", its a specific event where Obama basically ignored the Constitution because he knew the Senate would not approve of the "agreement", which was a Treaty.

What I am is showing is your and your sides rank hypocrisy.

I dont expect liberals who are the source of the problem to admit it or agree with me

Get back to me when you can cite an example of Obama having his AG intervene in the sentencing of a friend as a reward for the friend's obstruction of an investigation in to Obama. Or retaliate against people who testified truthfully about his wrongdoing. Or attack a judge in order to intimidate her prior to a sentencing hearing.
Stone is an American citizen who was wrongfully treated simply because the Deep State wanted to bring down a US president
He was tried and convicted by a jury for egregious crimes. Just because Trump objects to seeing justice done to a friend doesn't mean anything improper occurred. BTW, the deep state is a fiction.

I dont expect liberals who are the source of the problem to admit it or agree with me
That's because you are the problem.

Respect for rule of law
Protection of reputation
Impeachment

That isn't a 'whataboutism", its a specific event where Obama basically ignored the Constitution because he knew the Senate would not approve of the "agreement", which was a Treaty.

Look, I get it, you don't want to talk about what Trump is doing. It's to be expected.

He was tried and convicted by a jury for egregious crimes. Just because Trump objects to seeing justice done to a friend doesn't mean anything improper occurred. BTW, the deep state is a fiction.
I dont think you are so naive as to believe that prosecutor misconduct does not exist

you just happen to approve of misconduct directed against trump

but this is actually a warning to all outsiders that might want to run for office or support trump

Dont do it or the Deep State will come after you too

Respect for rule of law
Protection of reputation
Impeachment

Look, I get it, you don't want to talk about what Trump is doing. It's to be expected.

And you really don't want to talk about an obvious case of "Autocratic" behavior becuase the wrong person (to you) was doing it.

Now go run with your tail behind your legs, you bitchy little soi boi poseur.

New Topics

Forum List

Back