Australian Cops Now Going Door to Door to Interrogate Citizens About Six Month Old Social Media Posts About Protests

How can people like us counter this sort of thing? I mean besides ranting on the internet. We can get organized but organize how and with who? And what strategy do we use?

Full blown fascist country!!! What next? Killing people for refusing to take the shot?
Break the law, the Aussie cops will come knocking on your door, sooner or later.
The state/s were in lock down/stay at home orders...a reasonable excuse from the excuses listed [work, medical, food shopping etc] needed to leave home.
Defying the govt health orders, which included wearing masks outdoors, said law breaking protesters, no masks-smile for the cameras...were obviously identified by people who knew them and called the cops hotline.
People were warned not to protest, and to stay home...the fines for breaking the laws were well publicized.
Rather than use water cannons, batons etc...the new tactic is to keep the unmasked protesters away from other people, and track them down later.
People obeying the stay at home orders hate the people who are not obeying them...and dob them in at every opportunity.
So that's ...attend an illegal protest in a pandemic, then post photos of yourself on the internet for the cops to see....der.

Last edited:
I guess it started out as a penal colony and the never really got over it?
Nah. :)
There's a pandemic...the vast majority have rushed to get vaccinated as soon as they could...vaccination rate in NSW state soon to hit 90% double dose.
Lockdowns ended on 11th October ...restrictions lifted for fully vaccinated people only, so far.

America was Britain's penal colony before that '4th July' war...50,000 or so convicts sent there, mostly landed in Virginia, from memory.
After the war, they had to find somewhere else to start sending their convicts...so the "First Fleet" landed in Botany Bay, then a few days later discovered the "finest harbor in the world" and on the 26th January 1788 hoisted the Union Jack in Sydney Cove and claimed Australia for Britain. 26th January now "Australia Day".

Last edited:
Nah. :)
There's a pandemic...the vast majority have rushed to get vaccinated as soon as they could...vaccination rate in NSW state soon to hit 90% double dose.
Lockdowns ended on 11th October ...restrictions lifted for fully vaccinated people only, so far.

America was Britain's penal colony before that '4th July' war...50,000 or so convicts sent there, mostly landed in Virginia, from memory.
After the war, they had to find somewhere else to start sending their convicts...so the "First Fleet" landed in Botany Bay, then a few days later discovered the "finest harbor in the world" and on the 26th January 1788 hoisted the Union Jack in Sydney Cove and claimed Australia for Britain. 26th January now "Australia Day".
Wow. 90%. Where I live, it is not even 90% in my age group. I will say, the only thing close to lockdown was in late winter/early spring of 2020, here in Tennessee.

I'll have to check the 50,000 number, as I never heard it before. That's a lot of Britt convicts, dumped in one colony, that early, but I guess we got used to it, as we have a prison population of about 1.5 million people now.

Wow. 90%. Where I live, it is not even 90% in my age group. I will say, the only thing close to lockdown was in late winter/early spring of 2020, here in Tennessee.

I'll have to check the 50,000 number, as I never heard it before. That's a lot of Britt convicts, dumped in one colony, that early, but I guess we got used to it, as we have a prison population of about 1.5 million people now.
It is estimated that some 50,000 British convicts were sent to the Americas this way, and the majority landed in the Chesapeake Colonies of Maryland and Virginia. Transported convicts represented perhaps one-quarter of Britons that left the country during the 18th century.

British including Irish convicts, ...as in the iconic Irish song 'The Fields of Athenry' [pron; At n rye] song on youtube, The Dubliners, full lyrics in google.

By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young girl calling
"Michael, they have taken you away
For you stole Trevelyan's corn
So the young might see the morn
Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay"

By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young man calling
"Nothing matters, Mary, when you're free
Against the famine and the crown
I rebelled, they cut me down
Now you must raise our child with dignity"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Irish sing it today at footy matches.

It is estimated that some 50,000 British convicts were sent to the Americas this way, and the majority landed in the Chesapeake Colonies of Maryland and Virginia. Transported convicts represented perhaps one-quarter of Britons that left the country during the 18th century.

British including Irish convicts, ...as in the iconic Irish song 'The Fields of Athenry' [pron; At n rye] song on youtube, The Dubliners, full lyrics in google.

By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young girl calling
"Michael, they have taken you away
For you stole Trevelyan's corn
So the young might see the morn
Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay"

By a lonely prison wall
I heard a young man calling
"Nothing matters, Mary, when you're free
Against the famine and the crown
I rebelled, they cut me down
Now you must raise our child with dignity"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Irish sing it today at footy matches.

My family came from Ireland later, during the potato famine. Bless their Irish bones.

My family came from Ireland later, during the potato famine. Bless their Irish bones.
In terms of Irish-derived proportion of its population, Australia is the most “Irish” country in the world, outside Ireland, with up to a third of its 19 million population having some Irish ancestry.

Population now 25 million, but the ratio is likely much the same.
Then there are the Welsh and the Scots...also known for their 'rebellious' nature. :)

So, with the Irish, Welsh, Scots, and English plus immigrants from 'all the lands on earth' inhabiting downunder, looking for a better life...Americans should worry not about the people of Australia living in a fascist state.

In terms of Irish-derived proportion of its population, Australia is the most “Irish” country in the world, outside Ireland, with up to a third of its 19 million population having some Irish ancestry.

Population now 25 million, but the ratio is likely much the same.
Then there are the Welsh and the Scots...also known for their 'rebellious' nature. :)

So, with the Irish, Welsh, Scots, and English plus immigrants from 'all the lands on earth' inhabiting downunder, looking for a better life...Americans should worry not about the people of Australia living in a fascist state.
I'm not worried about you guys. You been allies at one point or another every time we went somewhere.

Yep, the Covid crap is a nice cover for authoritarianism, fascism, communism, dictatorships, etc. Even with the best intentions, it's too easy and tempting for a gov't using martial law tactics to make that control permanent. Problem is that here in America the citizenry is so divided that even when there is common ground for agreement, people on either side of the fence would rather die than agree with each other.

But let's have a little clarity about the whole gun thing in australia: PolitiFact - Fact-checking Matt Gaetz on gun bans in Australia and Venezuela

There are more than enough weapons in circulation to give any military pause to try and invade/occupy America....whether the enemy is domestic or foreign.

Think about that for a moment ... illegal protest ... in a Western democracy.

When did non-violent protest become a criminal offence?
When Stay at Home Health Orders were issued...and marching thru the streets protesting was not on the "acceptable reasons to leave home".
Protesters maskless, another fine could be issued.
Not a criminal offence, but fines for breaching the health orders.
Wanna hold a protest march anytime? Gotta apply for a permit.....in NSW state.
Can't just start marching thru the streets, or staging sit ins at intersections because you feel like it.

Last edited:
When Stay at Home Health Orders were issued...and marching thru the streets protesting was not on the "acceptable reasons to leave home".
Can't just start marching thru the streets, or staging sit ins at intersections because you feel like it.
Slavery is alive and well.

You mean you can only protest your state abusing you and your rights, when the state says it is ok for you to protest them.

New Topics

Forum List

Back