Austin's Chickens Have Come Home to Roost

OldFlame

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2020
Austin Police no longer responding to 'non-life threatening' 911 calls

I wonder if Austin tax payers got their money back for that 150 million dollar cut to the police budget? Hopefully they get it onto the ballot to refund the police as needed, but sadly not much they can do to the decline of people willing to put their lives on the line to do that thankless job. The shortages will continue, and people will suffer because of it. Good job leftists!

1. Attempted theft of property.
2. Burglary of residence, business, or vehicle.
3. Prostitution
4. Theft
5. Suspicious person or vehicle
6. Car accidents w/o injury
7. Verbal disturbances

I wonder if Austin tax payers got their money back for that 150 million dollar cut to the police budget? Hopefully they get it onto the ballot to refund the police as needed, but sadly not much they can do to the decline of people willing to put their lives on the line to do that thankless job. The shortages will continue, and people will suffer because of it. Good job leftists!

3. Prostitution
4. Theft
7. Verbal disturbances

Police officers across the country in Liberal Shitholes know what side of the bread its buttered on. They are doing their best to avoid ugly confrontations and possible trouble. Avoiding problemsome individuals, especially those individuals who are POC's, is essential to staying on the job and out of a legal jackpot.

3. Prostitution
4. Theft
7. Verbal disturbances

Fake news.

They want people to stop calling 911 for non-emergencies.

If it's an emergency, call 911.

IDK. My police department is understaffed so they take forever to respond to a lot of calls. People just don't want to work for the po-po. I had to call them recently due to a mental person being all mental. Took them about a half hour to get here.

i was born and raised there. it's always been "hippish" but now i simply don't recognize it anymore.
I lived there from the late 80’s to mid 90’s and went back regularly to visit for a while. I left when Circle C was way out in the sticks, Dell was new, there was nothing much below Slaughter, the Broken Spoke was surrounded by transmission shops and paving over Oak Hill was their idea of a great notion.

I lived there from the late 80’s to mid 90’s and went back regularly to visit for a while. I left when Circle C was way out in the sticks, Dell was new, there was nothing much below Slaughter, the Broken Spoke was surrounded by transmission shops and paving over Oak Hill was their idea of a great notion.
born there in 65. moved in like 75 and family has gone back. i could likely move back if i wanted to but it's insane. not just policies, but the mass of humanity flocking there. homes are almost to california prices and the traffic to get to new braunsfuls last month was insane for a saturday afternoon.

it was an amazing place to grow up and i have incredible memories of what it used to be.

born there in 65. moved in like 75 and family has gone back. i could likely move back if i wanted to but it's insane. not just policies, but the mass of humanity flocking there. homes are almost to california prices and the traffic to get to new braunsfuls last month was insane for a saturday afternoon.

it was an amazing place to grow up and i have incredible memories of what it used to be.
It is amazing the sheer numbers of people that are there, as well as the quantity of traffic just passing through on I35. My daughter chooses to live in North Austin, so we visit on occasion.

It is amazing the sheer numbers of people that are there, as well as the quantity of traffic just passing through on I35. My daughter chooses to live in North Austin, so we visit on occasion.
my brother is in n austin close to cedar park. i have family there and go back often. we can drive around and see the old neighborhood and in some ways it's not changed at all. in others, i simply don't recognize it. it's a strange nostalgic feeling.

my brother is in n austin close to cedar park. i have family there and go back often. we can drive around and see the old neighborhood and in some ways it's not changed at all. in others, i simply don't recognize it. it's a strange nostalgic feeling.
That’s close enough to get your fill at the Catfish Parlour.

That’s close enough to get your fill at the Catfish Parlour.
been there. holy hell that's some grease fried food. i wasn't overly impressed last time we went cause the hush puppies were more like hush puppy sticks from walmart and just bad.

Ewwwww, another sign of the decline of Austin culture.
it was not what i remembered it to be. on that trip down my brother asked where i wanted to go and i said catfish parlor down 183. so we went.

since that trip i've never had a desire to go back.

i was honestly disappointed when both threadgills shut down.

3. Prostitution
4. Theft
7. Verbal disturbances
$150 Million Dollar$ of a $291 Million Dollar Budget is quite a redirection of the Police Department's budget. I wish them luck, down there.
1633623805778.png

it was not what i remembered it to be. on that trip down my brother asked where i wanted to go and i said catfish parlor down 183. so we went.

since that trip i've never had a desire to go back.

i was honestly disappointed when both threadgills shut down.
They hung on for a bit after the old man passed, but it wasn’t the same. No more Huts either, but Waterloo hasn’t changed much.

Forum List

Back