August job numbers SUCK big time

Total nonfarm payroll employment rose by 235,000 in August

For sure the Fed won't be addressing inflation any time soon based on this pathetic job growth.
So far the market is taking it better than I would expect.

Unemployment is over ...major financial journals are reporting American small businesses raising wages ...need help desperately but expect to be hiring bigly over the next couple months .....

I'm sure the government will step in and monkey wrench it

For sure the Fed won't be addressing inflation any time soon based on this pathetic job growth.

You're being a little recalcitrant. Some if those figures are quite embarrassing when all the repubs say the economy and jobs etc are tanking. That is simply not the case. Yet you are focusing on inflation which was started by trump handing out money to the poor people and blacks. Oooooooooh that must have hurt at the time. Didn't he know you didn't like it? You said nothing about that.
How coincidental?

Biden can't be worrying about the American worker because he's totally preoccupied with passing the voter fraud act and the freebies for votes act. But Biden isn't the idiot here. He's just the puppet who is being controlled by idiots.

4.5 million jobs created in 7 months of Biden, and oh yeah...

1630940625392.png

So, we just decide something is so based on uneducated guesses then?

These forecasts aren't anything more than guesses. For me I am using the jobs lost during the pandemic and seeking a monthly average that will bring those jobs back within a reasonable time span. I then compared that to the so-called "expert" forecasts to have some comfort to how reasonable are my expectations. .

A week before the numbers came out, this is what I posted towards my attitude of the August number. It also represents my thoughts towards a monthly average. A day before the numbers came out I looked at the "experts" forecast for August and saw they had it pegged at something like 756,000. That's an educated guess for you. On this, nobody should be initimidated by the thought of what do they know more than we know?

My Post of August 28th:

For August's new jobs number I'll set my grading scale as -
  • at least 800,000: delighted
  • 700,000 -799,999: pleased
  • 600,000 - 699,999: indifferent
  • 500,000 - 599,999: disappointed
  • under 500,000: ticked

These forecasts aren't anything more than guesses. For me I am using the jobs lost during the pandemic and seeking a monthly average that will bring those jobs back within a reasonable time span. I then compared that to the so-called "expert" forecasts to have some comfort to how reasonable are my expectations. .

A week before the numbers came out, this is what I posted towards my attitude of the August number. It also represents my thoughts towards a monthly average. A day before the numbers came out I looked at the "experts" forecast for August and saw they had it pegged at something like 756,000. That's an educated guess for you. On this, nobody should be initimidated by the thought of what do they know more than we know?

My Post of August 28th:

For August's new jobs number I'll set my grading scale as -
  • at least 800,000: delighted
  • 700,000 -799,999: pleased
  • 600,000 - 699,999: indifferent
  • 500,000 - 599,999: disappointed
  • under 500,000: ticked

It's not the forecasts that are the problem. It's the using the data without understanding all the other data and the situation that's the problem.

The so called 'experts' with all sorts of data at their fingertips were off by ½ million for August. So what's your point?

My point is you've come on here and said something, but you haven't been able to make a clear argument.

My point is you've come on here and said something, but you haven't been able to make a clear argument.

The August number encourages further Fed's stimulus of the economy as opposed to attacking inflation. For anybody with the slightest understanding of the data and situation that should be self-evident. If you want to argue otherwise, have at it.

1631010949758.png

Last edited:
The August number encourages further Fed's stimulus of the economy as opposed to attacking inflation. For anybody with the slightest understanding of the data and situation that should be self-evident. If you want to argue otherwise, have at it.

View attachment 536092

Again, data needs to be in context. You talk about people who understand the data, I'm just not sure that's you.

Again, data needs to be in context. You talk about people who understand the data, I'm just not sure that's you.

It's not the forecasts that are the problem. It's the using the data without understanding all the other data and the situation that's the problem.

How does that differ from Augusts in other years. Some months just suck every year.

The point about understanding data and putting it in context rings hollow coming from somebody that wonders about August job situation for 2021 compared to other years. It's as if you fail to accept that for the past 18 months the pandemic has been part of the economic situation. Put that in context.

Joe Potatohead inherited an improving economy coming off the Pandemic with Trump's Operation Warpspeed's vaccines.

Then he fucked it up just like he has always fucked things up. Just liked Obama warned us all that he would do.

Anybody that voted for him and then ignored the fact he stole the election is a friggin idiot. We all knew he was a incompetent dud.

Joe Potatohead inherited an improving economy coming off the Pandemic with Trump's Operation Warpspeed's vaccines.

Then he fucked it up just like he has always fucked things up. Just liked Obama warned us all that he would do.

Anybody that voted for him and then ignored the fact he stole the election is a friggin idiot. We all knew he was a incompetent dud.
good call with Mr Potatohead---he is non gender also

The point about understanding data and putting it in context rings hollow coming from somebody that wonders about August job situation for 2021 compared to other years. It's as if you fail to accept that for the past 18 months the pandemic has been part of the economic situation. Put that in context.

Such a detailed reply..... laughable.

Forum List

Back