Attorney General Investigating Police Officers Over Racist Texts?? Really??

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

"Through interviews with sources with direct knowledge of the investigation, public records requests and a review of district attorney’s office records, The Times examined some of the contents of the until-now secret texts and identified a dozen Torrance police officers under investigation for exchanging them. The broad scope of the racist text conversations, which prosecutors said went on for years, has created a crisis for the Torrance Police Department and could jeopardize hundreds of criminal cases in which the officers either testified or made arrests.

The comments represent a sliver of a trove of racist text messages exchanged by more than a dozen current and former Torrance police officers and recruits.: They joked about “gassing” Jewish people, assaulting members of the LGBTQ community, using violence against suspects and lying during an investigation into a police shooting -- Frequently, hateful comments were targeted at Black people.In total, the officers were listed as potential witnesses in nearly 1,400 cases in the last decade."

So state attorneys have nothing better to do than to hassle honest hard-working police officers?? Who cares if they let off some steam by sending each other racist texts....When you have constantly taken from them the only way they could left off some steam -- like accidentally breaking a guy's neck or shooting some retarded homeless kid dead -- how else are they supposed to let off steam....Sending pictures of black men being lynched and making jokes about it doesn't mean they will treat potential black citizens they come in contact with unfairly.

Another pretty funny joke was one cop asking what he should do if his girlfriend is caught cheating with a black guy -- the punchline was to pull the guy over for a broken tail light and shoot him....pretty edgy and funny joke...because who wouldn't want to kill the guy whose screwing your girl with his BBC -- especially if you could get away with it...doesn't mean a cop would actually do it...its just a joke....another good one was....what is the difference between a candy cane, the star on a Christmas tree and a darkie......punchline....you hang the darkie or something like that...I'm not good with jokes...the point is -- why does something like this put previous investigations under scrutiny??

Probably no one would care if they were calling them crackers and poor white trash Nazis. . . . eh, wot wot? :113:

At least. . . no one "that matters."

:auiqs.jpg:
They made jokes about whites too......especially the "Jewish" ones...

Speaking of whites....I hope you plan to join the likes of Marjorie Taylor Greene in making sure the racist police in DC are held to account for abusing and oppressing inmates just for being white..

I mean, all this time we were told there is no systemic racism..but yet, thanks to the investigative work of patriots like Louie Gohmert....we see it is happening right in front of us...

Probably no one would care if they were calling them crackers and poor white trash Nazis. . . . eh, wot wot? :113:

At least. . . no one "that matters."

:auiqs.jpg:

That somehow makes what they were doing OK? Please explain this kind of thinking to me.

That somehow makes what they were doing OK? Please explain this kind of thinking to me.
Did I say that it does make it OK?

Where did I say that?

got-any-more-16d3a60e4f.jpg

I think it is despicable as well.

I'm just pointing out the obvious. If they were only telling in-group/out-group jokes against the dominant paradigm, folks wouldn't be so butthurt as to spend public resources on jokes. If they were riffing on billionaires, or white males, or the establishment? Ain't no one going to give a shit. You think this would be an issue were they just telling Yo mama jokes?

You got a problem with reality?

IMO? Using public resources to criminalize speech, and to create PC codes is a dangerous path, no matter how well meaning. That is the path East Germany strode down. It doesn't matter how or what the content of our preferred public morality, mores or ethics are. . . . it is the manner in which we use the state to enforce it.

Where did I say that?

I'm just pointing out the obvious. If they were only telling in-group/out-group jokes against the dominant paradigm, folks wouldn't be so butthurt as to spend public resources on jokes. If they were riffing on billionaires, or white males, or the establishment? Ain't no one going to give a shit. You think this would be an issue were they just telling Yo mama jokes?

IMO? Using public resources to criminalize speech, and to create PC codes is a dangerous path, no matter how well meaning. That is the path East Germany strode down. It doesn't matter how or what the content of our preferred public morality, mores or ethics are. . . . it is the manner in which we use the state to enforce it.
What does "dominant paradigm" mean??

Sounds like you are trying to say that since whites are the majority in this country; jokes about whites being told means it isn't a big deal?? Like there is some sort of inherent privilege with being white in this "dominant paradigm"

By the way...what are some racial white jokes that get told a lot....not Pollock jokes....or jokes about Italians....I am talking about derogatory jokes about whites that get told all the time....the dehumanizing kind.....

What does "dominant paradigm" mean??

Sounds like you are trying to say that since whites are the majority in this country; jokes about whites being told means it isn't a big deal?? Like there is some sort of inherent privilege with being white in this "dominant paradigm"

By the way...what are some racial white jokes that get told a lot....not Pollock jokes....or jokes about Italians....I am talking about derogatory jokes about whites that get told all the time....the dehumanizing kind.....
Hey, I agree with you, the work place is no place for disparaging talk about out-groups, OK?

OTH? If these texts were private communications, on private devices in their private time? And we are going to try to root out all Out-Group bias, while at the same time denying employment to folks that are educated and have higher intelligence?

You are living in a fantasy world.

What you are attempting, is thought control of ignorant people, and at the same time, wanting the STATE to control the population using less than intelligent and educated folks that are completely unaware of implicit bias.

These? Are contradictory agendas. Good luck with that.

Hey, I agree with you, the work place is no place for disparaging talk about out-groups, OK?

OTH? If these texts were private communications, on private devices in their private time? And we are going to try to root out all Out-Group bias, while at the same time denying employment to folks that are educated and have higher intelligence?

You are living in a fantasy world.

What you are attempting, is thought control of ignorant people, and at the same time, wanting the STATE to control the population using less than intelligent and educated folks that are completely unaware of implicit bias.

These? Are contradictory agendas. Good luck with that.
What I was attempting -- was asking a question....you still haven't answered it...

What are some popular dehumanizing jokes that are told about white people??

You know, the kind that made their brutalization more palatable...

What I was attempting -- was asking a question....you still haven't answered it...

What are some popular dehumanizing jokes that are told about white people??

You know, the kind that made their brutalization more palatable...
I'm not interested in your games. Nor am I interested in your specious claims.

Do you really think that there are "popular dehumanizing," jokes that circulate within the IN-GROUP? :dunno:

iu

I'm not interested in your games. Nor am I interested in your specious claims.

Do you really think that there are "popular dehumanizing," jokes that circulate within the IN-GROUP? :dunno:

iu
I really think you can't answer my question because you don't know any jokes specifically about white folks -- told to dehumanize them for the purpose of making their brutalization easier to swallow...

There are jokes about Jews.....dehumanization of them....in order to not make it feel so wrong when they were exterminated....

I am sure there are jokes like that about White Americans to make the holocaust they suffered here more easier to justify....

Right??

Where did I say that?

I asked you a question. All you had to do was answer.

People complain where they live. If this is happening to others THEY need to speak up and demand changes also.

I really think you can't answer my question because you don't know any jokes specifically about white folks -- told to dehumanize them for the purpose of making their brutalization easier to swallow...

There are jokes about Jews.....dehumanization of them....in order to not make it feel so wrong when they were exterminated....

I am sure there are jokes like that about White Americans to make the holocaust they suffered here more easier to justify....

Right??
Biff. . . TBH? I don't know any dehumanizing jokes of another ethnicity either. I am not sure you are making a good point here.

I am sure if a made a search engine hunt, I could find several of either. I am not sure what that would prove.

You are patently delusional if you think the vast majority believe either the holocaust or slavery is "justifiable." Is that honestly the world you live in?

:dunno:

I asked you a question. All you had to do was answer.

People complain where they live. If this is happening to others THEY need to speak up and demand changes also.
Tell me why you beat your parents and those you love.

All you have to do is answer the question pknopp.

Forum List

Back