Attention USMB Members

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
Let's cut the crap huh? Every thread in these forums runs straight downhill into insults, being derailed the second someone can't answer to the topic, and or just a general pissing contest.

If you have nothing to add to the discussion, you are NOT required to respond. If all you have are personal insults, take them to the Taunting Area.

How hard CAN this be? The forum is there. It was put there specifically for people who just wish to squabble with each other. Rarely does anyone other than myself use it, usually to move a post from this forum to it.

To further explain for the impaired ... I'm not saying a thread cannot take a natural progession into another topic. But WTF does Al Gore's son being arrested have to do with Bill Clinton being impeached, or Libby being found guilty?

Let's try to get some sanity back into the threads around here.

You don't have any idea how hard it is for dumb jarheads operate moderator controls, so I for one, would GREATLY appreciate it.

Let's cut the crap huh? Every thread in these forums runs straight downhill into insults, being derailed the second someone can't answer to the topic, and or just a general pissing contest.

If you have nothing to add to the discussion, you are NOT required to respond. If all you have are personal insults, take them to the Taunting Area.

How hard CAN this be? The forum is there. It was put there specifically for people who just wish to squabble with each other. Rarely does anyone other than myself use it, usually to move a post from this forum to it.

To further explain for the impaired ... I'm not saying a thread cannot take a natural progession into another topic. But WTF does Al Gore's son being arrested have to do with Bill Clinton being impeached, or Libby being found guilty?

You don't have any idea how hard it is for dumb jarheads operate moderator controls, so I for one, would GREATLY appreciate it.

You didnt hear? Its the liberals fault. Bill Clinton sparked off a chain of events leading to Al Gores sons drug problem which eventually led to libbys leak. Its all connected, cant you see?

You didnt hear? Its the liberals fault. Bill Clinton sparked off a chain of events leading to Al Gores sons drug problem which eventually led to libbys leak. Its all connected, cant you see?

I'm blaming no one. If it's blame you want, there's enough to go around. Who or what is guilty is irrelevant at this point as I'm concerned only with fixing it.

I thought the original post had to do with those here that post nonsense. Didn't think it had to do with Clinton, Bush, or Jesus.

I thought the original post had to do with those here that post nonsense. Didn't think it had to do with Clinton, Bush, or Jesus.

Thats why I posted a 'nonsencical' sarcastic statement. To highlight some things you will most definitely see on this message board.

Thats why I posted a 'nonsencical' sarcastic statement. To highlight some things you will most definitely see on this message board.

Perhaps a good sign that Gunny should have made it no comment. ;)

Perhaps a good sign that Gunny should have made it no comment. ;)

Come to think of it, I dont think I have ever seen Kathianne reply out of context of an original thread. Very classy. But then again, Im getting out of context with this very post. So you see, its an endless struggle because conversations naturally manifest into personal belief's. Thats why I believe there should be a freethinking radical forum. For the stuff that people feel they need to say to eachother (other than insults) that relates to no current thread.

Come to think of it, I dont think I have ever seen Kathianne reply out of context of an original thread. Very classy. But then again, Im getting out of context with this very post. So you see, its an endless struggle because conversations naturally manifest into personal belief's. Thats why I believe there should be a freethinking radical forum. For the stuff that people feel they need to say to eachother (other than insults) that relates to no current thread.

Only because I can't handle two thoughts at once. ;) I'm simple that way.

I agree with gunny, and I think he is right.

I also think gunny is a nice guy, and a fair moderator.

I do not believe you have considered all the ways a conversation can turn that way. Insults are one thing, but telling us we can not respond in a reasonable manner with what we believe is pertinent information or a reasonable similarity to someone else's post is censorship.

And, irregardless of what liberals believe, talking about Clinton and his crimes is NOT a personal insult to any member of this board. Any more than talking about Bush and what some believe are his crimes.

I have to agree with patriot retired gunny.

And to be fair criticizing bush, is not criticizing me either.

I do not believe you have considered all the ways a conversation can turn that way. Insults are one thing, but telling us we can not respond in a reasonable manner with what we believe is pertinent information or a reasonable similarity to someone else's post is censorship.

And, irregardless of what liberals believe, talking about Clinton and his crimes is NOT a personal insult to any member of this board. Any more than talking about Bush and what some believe are his crimes.

Translation: Allow me to retort with my programmed GOP talking points.

Jeff: if you want to criticize bush, should i say... your not allowed to , because someone will be offended?.

what about any president on politician in american history, what about all leaders/ dictators in the world. Where is the line in your opinion mate?

Translation: Allow me to retort with my programmed GOP talking points.

You're taking what I said to an extreme. I specifically mentioned natural progression of a discussion, and I haven't censored anything, nor do I propose to. If the information is pertinent, then by all means use it.

This is a simple request, not a demand. All current event topics are not inter-related, and some of the directions things are going is ridiculous.

And one thing I see far more than anything else is people attacking the poster with some ad hominem BS when they can't attack the argument.

It's y'all's forum. You will determine its success. All I do is try to keep a lid on the mess.

You're taking what I said to an extreme. I specifically mentioned natural progression of a discussion, and I haven't censored anything, nor do I propose to. If the information is pertinent, then by all means use it.

This is a simple request, not a demand. All current event topics are not inter-related, and some of the directions things are going is ridiculous.

And one thing I see far more than anything else is people attacking the poster with some ad hominem BS when they can't attack the argument.

It's y'all's forum. You will determine its success. All I do is try to keep a lid on the mess.

I don't hang out around these parts much anymore, too many anal assholes for my liking, but how'd they rope you up for a mod?

Good luck Gunny................:eusa_clap:

I see the Mod's point very clearly. It doesn't seem like censorship at all.

Just a "strong" suggestion, to focus on the validity of a poster's statement, or premise, and not brainlessly, or hurtfully go for the personal jugular of the poster, via negative remarks of their character, disresepect....etc..

When you can't agree with a person's statement, then tell them why with some reasons that you can back up. Don't get all subjective, and irrational, and attack the poster.

However, when a poster does go "nasty" and subjective, I won't defend their whining if they get personally attacked back. "You dug the hole, now lay in it."

We all "lose it" sometimes, as there are some posters on here that really like to "goad" others. I think in some way it is a type of high for them, while hiding behind their "anonymous" P.C.'s..

I think most of those that like to throw out the names at folks when they can't defend or rebuttal with some decent logic, or respected references, are really, showing much "weakness".

The internet age, and these forums and chatrooms have opened up a Pandora's Box of social, and societal, changes. Folks who are bashful and rarely intereact with others in person, can become roaring lions of loudness and brashness, while typing away at their anonymous keyboard and site. Sometimes I wonder if they couldn't throw a fist of defense in real life, and now the anonymous forum has given them release?

Many individuals can claim superiority via their education, military experience, or some vocation, but in most cases, we'll never know if we are talking to someone with a vivid imagination and a terribly big inferiority complex.

However, I think that any reasonable thinking person can tell who on this forum is legitimate and who is blowing "hot" air.

I've found in my years of life that those that tend to go for the jugular of others in personal, disrespectful ways, tend to have a very low self-image of themselves, and thus, project the antithesis of that inner image publically or covertly through safe, anonymous, chat and talk forums.

Ever heard of the "short man's" complex? Not raining on short male adults folks, but often folks try to make-up for real or imagined short-comings by projecting just the opposite. Almost like a Napoleon complex. The Little Corporal made big. So did Corporal Adolf Hitler.

I think these forums would be the most fertile ground for Psychology majors to do a doctorate or thesis paper for a Master's or Doctorate degree. :)

New Topics

Forum List

Back