Attention Potheads

Hossfly

ZIONIST
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2008
Ft Worth,TX
Information for people with "insufferable" pain. I knew it all the time.

Does Cannabis Truly Help Chronic Pain?

A large study stretching over a 4-year period challenges popular beliefs, as it finds “no evidence” that cannabis use improves the symptoms of chronic pain.
More and more people are taking prescription opioids for pain management, making the phenomenon “an emerging public health concern globally.”
Of all the countries in the world, North America has the “proportionally highest” use of prescription opioids.
Due to opioids’ side effects and highly addictive nature, researchers and patients alike are now turning to medical marijuana, or cannabis, as a potentially safer alternative.

Read more

The issue of 'chronic pain' reduction is problematic.

It does offer topical use, does help with seizures, eye problems, and other issues.

A large study stretching over a 4-year period challenges popular beliefs, as it finds “no evidence” that cannabis use improves the symptoms of chronic pain.
More and more people are taking prescription opioids for pain management, making the phenomenon “an emerging public health concern globally.”
Of all the countries in the world, North America has the “proportionally highest” use of prescription opioids.
Due to opioids’ side effects and highly addictive nature, researchers and patients alike are now turning to medical marijuana, or cannabis, as a potentially safer alternative.

Read more

My brother died from throat cancer and I can guarantee you that the cannabis oil that he took eased his pain from the "I need to commit suicide" level, to where he was able to pass after a month of being with his family. No opioid did anything for him, but that cannabis absolutely helped him.

The issue of 'chronic pain' reduction is problematic.

It does offer topical use, does help with seizures, eye problems, and other issues.
I agree but some people think it's a magic elixir.

Nothing is a magic elixir. Even regular drugs that are approved by the FDA have variable effects with people. I know of no one who claims it is magic. But the evidence is overwhelming that it helps those with Parkinsons, and with pain suppression.

It work for westwall's brother, and that is great.

I have heard other stories where it was so so, but I never heard any story where it made things worse.

Let the patient and the family decide.

Read more

My brother died from throat cancer and I can guarantee you that the cannabis oil that he took eased his pain from the "I need to commit suicide" level, to where he was able to pass after a month of being with his family. No opioid did anything for him, but that cannabis absolutely helped him.
I HAD throat cancer and it was my pain killer of choice. It got me trough radiation and physical threapy. And it was a damn site easier to quit afterwards.

Cancer is horrible. My wife, our oldest daughter, a sister, my Mom all died from it.

Let the family and patient decide.

Cannabis oil did not knock out my pain like I thought it would. But believe it or not, it seemed to make my metabolism run higher, and I lost a little weight. Which is the opposite of what I expected.

Cancer is horrible. My wife, our oldest daughter, a sister, my Mom all died from it.

Smoking pot made me hungry something doctors WANT a person fighting cancer to feel. Smoking pot allowed me to sleep, something else doctors WANT to happen. Food and rest are Cancers enemy's as that is when the body rebuilds. A feeding tube stuck in your gut is a painful thing and a hole in your neck with a tube is no fun either.

Smoking pot made me hungry something doctors WANT a person fighting cancer to feel. Smoking pot allowed me to sleep, something else doctors WANT to happen. Food and rest are Cancers enemy's as that is when the body rebuilds. A feeding tube stuck in your gut is a painful thing and a hole in your neck with a tube is no fun either.

Yep....
When I had the C my appetite was non existent.

Yep....
When you have throat cancer meals come in cans. Ensure and lots of it. What a pain in the ass it was.

Yep....
When you have troat cancer meals come in cans. Ensure and lots of it. What a pain in the ass it was.

Now that sucks!
Hell,mine came with a benefit!! I can now get drunk much easier!!

Read more

First off...the study conclusions were badly written. NO proper scientist would ever say there is 'no evidence' for such a large study. A good one would say there is 'little' evidence or 'the evidence strongly indicates that there is little correlation...'. But only a Mickey Mouse scientist would say 'no evidence'.
The only way that there was 'no evidence' would be if every, single person in the study stated that they had no improvement whatsoever. And with a study of over 1,000 (as this one was - https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(18)30110-5/abstract ), it is almost impossible to believe that exactly 0 out of over 1,000 people had no improvement in their symptoms whatsoever.
'No' (in this case) means 'zero'. And zero is an absolute. And I see zero evidence that this study showed that not one patient found ANY pain benefit from smoking cannibis.

Second...it is virtually irrelevant whether they help patients with their pain or not. Do the patients want to take it? And - according to the study - the percentage of patients who wanted to be able to use cannibis to help with their pain increased significantly (almost double) as the study progressed.
When someone is suffering from chronic pain, it is irrelevant what they want to help themselves (assuming to do so hurts no one else directly).
If they want to smoke dope, do lines of coke or have sex with trees....that is their business.
Whatever helps them get through the pain is what matters.
So, if a patient wants to smoke dope to help them with chronic pain, then a doctor should prescribe them cannabis....whether the doctor believes in cannabis's pain-reducing qualities or not. Especially if the doctor is not able to fully relive their patients pain symptoms using traditional methods.

BTW - I, personally, don't like dope. Makes me paranoid. But I believe that anyone should be free to ingest virtually anything they wish...especially if they are suffering from chronic pain. And doubly so if the pain cannot be significantly reduced by present legal/common methods.

Last edited:

Read more

First off...the study conclusions were badly written. NO proper scientist would ever say there is 'no evidence' for such a large study. A good one would say there is 'little' evidence or 'the evidence strongly indicates that there is little correlation...'. But only a Mickey Mouse scientist would say 'no evidence'.
The only way that there was 'no evidence' would be if every, single person in the study stated that they had no improvement whatsoever. And with a study of over 1,000 (as this one was - https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpub/article/PIIS2468-2667(18)30110-5/abstract ), it is almost impossible to believe that exactly 0 out of over 1,000 people had no improvement in their symptoms whatsoever.
'No' (in this case) means 'zero'. And zero is an absolute. And I see zero evidence that this study showed that not one patient found ANY pain benefit from smoking cannibis.

Second...it is virtually irrelevant whether they help patients with their pain or not. Do the patients want to take it? And - according to the study - the percentage of patients who wanted to be able to use cannibis to help with their pain increased significantly (almost double) as the study progressed.
When someone is suffering from chronic pain, it is irrelevant what they want to help themselves (assuming to do so hurts no one else directly).
If they want to smoke dope, do lines of coke or have sex with trees....that is their business.
Whatever helps them get through the pain is what matters.
So, if a patient wants to smoke dope to help them with chronic pain, then a doctor should prescribe them cannibis....whether the doctor believes in cannibis's pain-reducing qualities or not.

BTW - I, personally, don;t like dope. Makes me paranoid. But I believe that anyone should be free to ingest virtually anything they want...especially if they are suffering from chronic pain. And doubly so if the pain cannot be significantly reduced by present, legal/common methods.
Oh please, just SHUT THE FUCK UP. The ADULTS are talking. Take your ignorant pius ass and cripple another thread. And from ALL OF US Cancer survivors.....GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Jesus...I am truly sorry for your losses to this horrific group of diseases (I lost my Mother to skin cancer and almost my sister to breast cancer).

Read more

My condolences.

There are few people over 30 whose lives have not been significantly 'touched' by cancer.

Forum List

Back