Attention Moderators!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020
There's no point accusing a person of trolling or any other infraction without quoting the post. Then we try to determine what we've done wrong and find it already deleted. Penalizing has to be meaningful and with the intent of correcting inappropriate behaviour.

Can we do something to fix the system so that we have some idea on what we are been penalized or even just informed of wrongdoing?

Thanks for your time and consideration!

There's no point accusing a person of trolling or any other infraction without quoting the post. Then we try to determine what we've done wrong and find it already deleted. Penalizing has to be meaningful and with the intent of correcting inappropriate behaviour.

Can we do something to fix the system so that we have some idea on what we are been penalized or even just informed of wrongdoing?

Read the rules, duck. I know you figure Trudeau should do that for you, but guess what, we are not in Canada.

You post stuff from RT, "Russia Today", a propaganda news site ran by Russian military intelligence.

That's reason enough to infract you.

LOL Don't expect a clear response. You might be told to read the rules, which is a copout. Your question is clear:

Q: What was the specific reason for the troll to be moved to a taunting area, or the thread to be closed

A. That is subjective to the Mod.

LOL Don't expect a clear response. You might be told to read the rules, which is a copout. Your question is clear:

Q: What was the specific reason for the troll to be moved to a taunting area, or the thread to be closed

A. That is subjective to the Mod.
In my case it was just a post deleted and the reason given was 'trolling'.
I don't even know which moderator it was because it was the usual question mark.
I knew the usual culprits would use the opportunity to spam and froth at the mouth, but I thought it was worth it.

Last edited:
While Donald Daffy Dorky Canuck Duck is a twit, even a stopped clock is right twice a day:

When a post is deleted and the mods send the message, there is no record of that post. Frankly, the questions can become, “which post?” And “what did I say THIS time?”

LOL. Yep. Been there. I’m not looking to modify my “behaviour” because the Duckwad uses that odd spelling. (Maybe the Russian Times makes use of that spelling?). I’m just suggesting that it might actually be helpful to know how to avoid repetition if we can see what we done did do.

My apologies to the entire universe for having to agree — even to that limited extent — with the aforesaid propagandist from Canukistan.

It's pretty simple.

Look at what you post.

Most of it is trolling.

Stop it!

This site is the wild wild west when compared to the over-moderated one I had been frequenting.

I suspect you really have to be totally off the hook to get a warning, much less a ban, from the tail-twisting, name-calling, and personal attacks I've seen going on here thus far.
I have been on the receiving end of the moderator's ire and as a result, I read the rules. They are not overbearing, and the moderators generally enforce them equally and fairly. The trick is to read the rules.

I have been on the receiving end of the moderator's ire and as a result, I read the rules. They are not overbearing, and the moderators generally enforce them equally and fairly. The trick is to read the rules.

1638486129648.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics

Forum List

Back