attention law nerds: Sassy Stephen Colbert talks with Crazy Cory Booker about how Trump broke the "Posse Comitatus Act"!

Neither one knows anything about the law,
YOU DO?
Yes. As a matter of fact, I DO. The Insurrection Act of 1807 Gives the president authority to deploy the national guard or even active duty military to put down acts of rebellion. The governor need not agree but national guard troops must be generalized and removed from state control before the president can order them to deploy.

Isn't Booker a lawyer? How the hell did he pass the bar?

You failed to address the entire act... without governor's consent it requires the POTUS to prove one of 2 other qualifications to exist, which do not in this circumstance.

" > to address an insurrection, in any state, which makes it impracticable to enforce the law (§ 252), or
> to address an insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination or conspiracy, in any state, which results in the deprivation of Constitutionally-secured rights, and where the state is unable, fails, or refuses to protect said rights (§ 253)."
The first one applies as well as the second when Mayors and Governors refuse to use the police to stop rioting.

They did not refuse to use police to stop rioting. Please feel free to share where rioting is still going on unabated to the point Trump can meet the standards needed. I'll wait.
Yes they did they ALLOWED rioters to destroy over 170 businesses in one city in Raleigh the Police chief ANNOUNCED she would not protect buisnesses so that is NOT enforcing the law numbnuts.

You seem to have a problem understanding how to manage a crisis situation like that. You don't put LIVES at risk for material items. I'm not just talking about the lives of looters, who you will build a strawman on, but the lives of police who could be surrounded and ganged up on by looters, or innocent citizens who happen to just live in the neighborhoods where there is looting. You don't bring in active duty military to protect an empty store... good grief. You were a REAL Gunny? Cause I know very few Gunny Sergeants that are so quick to turn ACTIVE duty military against U.S. citizens. sad o see you are so partisan you are more than willing to piss on the Constitution so fast.
Yes you do business owners pay TAXES for protection retard. If the cops won't protect them then the Army will, pretty damn simple failure of law enforcement to curtail riots looting and arson are EXACTLY what the act is written for.

Retard? The only person with a learning disability is the one that thinks active duty military should be called in for what happened. I'm beyond happy you are a former military man, because you don't respect the Constitution, and are a fascist to want to use active duty military against U.S. citizens so easily... glad at least to see Mattis, Kelly, and others have gotten to Esper and he isn't letting Trump walk all over him on this.
Unlikely to see posse Comitatus act used without approval of the Governor of a state. Most states have national guard units, many are combat units, so if the Govern wants force he has force. To invoke the act without the Governor's approval or request would pretty well obliterate states rights, basically forever. DC is a special case, my understanding is the Guard falls under control of the President, as mayors have no authority over the Guard and DC has no governor. Bringing troops home from Europe to take over the cities is a wet dream of the trump supporters.

Well the irony is, Trump ran on a platform of pushing for stronger state's rights, as it was his way of trying to get Roe v. Wade overturned by his DoJ and have the decision of abortion legislation returned to the states.
It is impossible to determine what he believes in as it is nebulous and changes from day to day, often based on the last person he spoke to before he speaks from what I have heard and the one tell all book I bought. He used to be a big Democrat supporter, but they had other plans (equally bad) and he knew, so he went republican, but really he is neither. He is just trump. In my personal opinion.

Forum List

Back