Attention: Anti-OWS Christians

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
This picture was taken at a copycat protest in London. What does it say to you? Does it strike a chord, or is it just a manipulation of your faith?

00-01o-occupy-wall-street-19-10-11-london-uk.jpg

Last edited:
This picture was taken from a copycat protest in London. What does it say to you? Does it strike a cord, or is it just a manipulation of your faith?

I may be insufficiently religious, but --

throwing moneychangers out of a TEMPLE is not the same thing as throwing out the capitalists from a capitalist-founded and based Republic.

This picture was taken from a copycat protest in London. What does it say to you? Does it strike a cord, or is it just a manipulation of your faith?

throwing moneychangers out of a TEMPLE is not the same thing as throwing out the capitalists from a capitalist-founded and based Republic.

Apparently Wall Street is his temple......... :eusa_whistle:

IThey don't dare ridicule the muslem faith. If they ridiculed big Mo (mohammed) the same way there would be a contract out on them..

Nothing but a cynical attempt to use religious symbology for political purposes. Cheap street theater, so typical of Marxists who imagine themselves to be clever. By the way, it was "moneychangers" not "money lenders"; there's a difference, and it only serves to illustrate further the protestor's complete hypocrisy and ignorance.

This picture was taken at a copycat protest in London. What does it say to you? Does it strike a chord, or is it just a manipulation of your faith?

It does strike a chord, a chord that the guy, just like you, is an idiot. Wall Street is not in a church.

It does strike a chord, a chord that the guy, just like you, is an idiot. Wall Street is not in a church.

I seem to recall that President Coolidge thought differently, at least about commercial enterprises in general if not Wall Street in specific: "The man who builds a factory builds a temple, and the man who works there worships there."

I also seem to remember that President (Franklin) Roosevelt used a similar metaphor, speaking of government as analogous to the temple, when he referred to the money-changers being driven out of "the temple of our civilization."

Considering how little use Jesus had for the arrogant rich, the idea that he would be a supporter or participant in Occupy Wall Street is by no means a stretch.

Apparently Wall Street is his temple......... :eusa_whistle:

Who's Temple? The Interest God? The Prime Mortgage God? The Derivative God?

I seem to recall that President Coolidge thought differently, at least about commercial enterprises in general if not Wall Street in specific: "The man who builds a factory builds a temple, and the man who works there worships there."

I also seem to remember that President (Franklin) Roosevelt used a similar metaphor, speaking of government as analogous to the temple, when he referred to the money-changers being driven out of "the temple of our civilization."

Considering how little use Jesus had for the arrogant rich, the idea that he would be a supporter or participant in Occupy Wall Street is by no means a stretch.

Hey, I'm all for the New Middle Class, the Federal Worker making $125, 000.00 before Benefits, taking a 1/3 pay cut for starters, maybe we can get them to start working a little closer to 40 hours a week too. Thank You so much for reminding me of the Scam. ;)

Jesus was more about Salvation than Than Class Warfare, good try though. :)

Arrogance has little to do with how much money one makes. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Then you obviously don't understand Christ. He might have been there to bring Faith, but he never asked for more government benefits and putting a certain political bent in charge. He most definitely never advocated collective bargaining and taxpayer funded welfare.

Forum List

Back