Attacks On Jews Around the World

Tell us more about those Hasidic 'homilies' you were raised on, Rosie. Does this article sound familiar to you?

In the ultra-Orthodox Hasidic community I grew up in, racism is a common aspect of life. It is seen as necessary in order to maintain the separation from goyim, or gentiles, and uphold the status of chosen nation (and as Hasidim, chosen Jews). As young children, we were educated about the horrors of the gentiles, who were out to destroy the pious Jews. ”In every generation,” we read aloud each Passover, “they [the other nations]stand ready to destroy us.” We are further taught that Esau, who symbolizes gentiles, forever hates Jacob, the Jewish nation.

As a young child I accepted what I was taught about the outside world without question. My exposure to non-Jews was limited to the few words I exchanged with the old Polish woman with the tattered kerchief on her head who cleaned our house once a week, and to passing by our black neighbors on the streets of Crown Heights. Any interactions with people outside the community were nonexistent — and unnecessary — since everything we ever needed was accessible through other Hasidic Jews just like us.
I grew up in an entirely secular home in the USA. Both of my parents were born
in the USA as was my maternal grandmother. My maternal grandfather came to
the USA as an immigrant---something about 1915. My paternal grandparents
grew up in LONDON. I had no idea what a HASSID was until I was almost 20----
HOWEVER -----I came to NEW YORK I
Tell us more about those Hasidic 'homilies' you were raised on, Rosie. Does this article sound familiar to you?

In the ultra-Orthodox Hasidic community I grew up in, racism is a common aspect of life. It is seen as necessary in order to maintain the separation from goyim, or gentiles, and uphold the status of chosen nation (and as Hasidim, chosen Jews). As young children, we were educated about the horrors of the gentiles, who were out to destroy the pious Jews. ”In every generation,” we read aloud each Passover, “they [the other nations]stand ready to destroy us.” We are further taught that Esau, who symbolizes gentiles, forever hates Jacob, the Jewish nation.

As a young child I accepted what I was taught about the outside world without question. My exposure to non-Jews was limited to the few words I exchanged with the old Polish woman with the tattered kerchief on her head who cleaned our house once a week, and to passing by our black neighbors on the streets of Crown Heights. Any interactions with people outside the community were nonexistent — and unnecessary — since everything we ever needed was accessible through other Hasidic Jews just like us.

I never so much as met a Chassidic Jew until I was well into my 30's. I had no
idea as to what chassidism is ----of course, neither does the depraved psychotic
dudley. I was never an acolyte of that sect. HOWEVER----they are a fine and
upstanding group------something like Quakers

I grew up in an entirely secular home in the USA. Both of my parents were born
in the USA as was my maternal grandmother. My maternal grandfather came to
the USA as an immigrant---something about 1915. My paternal grandparents
grew up in LONDON. I had no idea what a HASSID was until I was almost 20----
HOWEVER -----I came to NEW YORK I

I never so much as met a Chassidic Jew until I was well into my 30's. I had no
idea as to what chassidism is ----of course, neither does the depraved psychotic
dudley. I was never an acolyte of that sect. HOWEVER----they are a fine and
upstanding group------something like Quakers
Please stop. Not the first psychopat and won t be the last. Stop responding to him on this thread

Attacks on the Jewish Community is nothing new. On individuals or their businesses, Synagogues and Schools is also nothing new.

From time to time there is a rise in Judeophobic, Antisemitic, Jew hatred acts, and we seem to be living in one of them.

It clearly started around five years ago. The rise in White Supremacy, Nazi, Christian and Muslim attacks on Jews in too many cities all over the world, simply because of being Jewish.

There are many excuses used to attack any Jew who comes their way.

Free Palestine
Dirty Jew
Israel does not have the right to exist,
Israel is guilty of Apartheid
Israel is committing ethnic cleansing
We don't hate Jews, only Zionists
etc, etc, etc

Be the attacks on the streets, on Campuses, on the subways or anywhere else, they are clearly uncalled for and come from what each of those individuals who decide to attack one individual Jew - who has not done anything to them, or all Jews due to what they have wrongly learned about Israel, Judaism, Jewish history etc

I will be posting each individual case I do find in the news. There have been too many, which is why I decided to start this thread to deal with this more than common phenomenon, which did not look as bad as this since the Nazis took over Germany.
You don't need to spend your time and money publicizing antisemitism. The AntiDefamation League exists to fight antisemitism. They have offices all over the world, a huge staff and millions in funding support. Just send your info to them.

( It has never been about liberating Palestine, but always liberating Muslim conquered land from the Jews )

In a Hizb ut-Tahrir Australia rally, held in Sydney in support of Palestinians during the May 2021 conflict in Gaza and Jerusalem, a speaker supplicated: “Oh Allah give us the necks of the Jews […] of those evildoers!” A recap of the rally was posted on the Hizb Media YouTube channel on May 11, 2021. Ismail Al-Wahwah, the leader of Hizb ut-Tahrir Australia, said that soon his audience would see the end of this “evil, illegal occupier in Palestine.” The MC of the event chanted: “We will liberate Palestine!” “Khaybar, Khaybar, oh Jews! The army of Muhammad will return!” and “Destroy the Jews!”

The Denver Police Department’s hate crimes team is investigating after two schools were vandalized over the weekend, including one Jewish school and a public school targeted with hateful messages.

George Washington High School in Glendale, where racist, antisemitic, and homophobic slurs were daubed on several surfaces, was targeted on Saturday night, according to local media reports. On Sunday evening, less than a mile away, a rock was thrown through a window of the Denver Academy of Torah, damaging an electrical box.

The DPB’s Bias-Motivated Crimes squad has said it is investigating both incidents as hate crimes.

The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) told reporters that the graffiti at George Washington High School was “widely dispersed on the sides of the building and on the bleachers,” and that when a witness attempted to confront a suspect at the Denver Academy of Torah, he “referred to Jews in a very disparaging way.”

(full article online)

A summary of UIUC Title VI Complaint filed by the Brandeis Center in March 27, 2020, noted that even though “UIUC has long been put on notice of the developing hostile environment on its campus,” the UIUC administration . . , like other university leadership, “has simply not provided the community of pro-Israel, Jewish students with a discrimination-free academic environment” and, what is worse, “ . . . in the face of most instances of anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism, the University simply did nothing. When the University did respond, “in response to other incidents, UIUC took actions that were obviously inadequate on their face.” And even when “UIUC took steps that might in other contexts have been sufficient, they “were insufficient in UIUC’s particular case.”

More than one report has revealed that the presence of active anti-Israel activism—particularly as part of the ongoing boycott, divestment, and sanctions (BDS) campus campaign against the Jewish state—is likely to result in an increase in anti-Jewish incidents or rhetoric. A 2018 report by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs (JCPA), “Students for Justice in Palestine Unmasked,” for example, noted with dismay “the rise of online harassment of Jewish students, anti-Semitic vandalism, and even physical attacks against Jewish students on campuses with a strong BDS movement.” [Emphasis added.] Just as an AMCHA report had similarly discovered, the JCPA study noted a clear “correlation between an anti-Israel campus presence and anti-Semitism . . . .”

As an example of this, the study described the University of Oregon’s student senate’s passage of “a resolution endorsing the BDS movement as an ‘anti-racist human rights movement.’” “Two months later,” the study noted, “a sign on campus belonging to the University of Oregon Hillel welcoming students in Hebrew and English was vandalized with profane statements including ‘Free Palestine you f*cks.’ The study also pointed to another instance at Stanford University where that school’s “Students for Justice in Palestine leader and university residence advisor Hamzeh Daoud posted to Facebook, ‘I’m gonna physically fight Zionists on campus next year if someone comes at me with their “Israel is a democracy” bullsh*t. And after I abolish your ass I’ll go ahead and work every day for the rest of my life to abolish your petty ass ethno-supremacist, settler-colonial state.’”

Any evaluation of both the tenor and meaning of this rhetoric that attempts to justify it or explain it away as merely criticism of Israel is clearly dishonest, just as it is disingenuous to claim that virulent social justice activism has nothing to do with Jew-hatred. Yet SJP and other Israel-haters use these tactics and this radical, hateful activism to deflect their inherent bigotry, purporting to be acting on behalf of the oppressed.

It should come as no surprise, then, that Jewish students on these campuses, whether or not they actively support Israel or are animated by Zionism could be, and are, maligned by this aggressive activism against the Jewish state, and are made to pay the price for the alleged predations of Israel simply by virtue of being Jewish. That anti-Israel radicals have hijacked the narrative about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict and have cast Israel—and its supporters—as malignant and irredeemable racists and the Palestinian Arabs as innocent victims is a continuing tragedy in which Jewish students continue to be targets of the world’s oldest hatred.

(full article online)

A mezuzah torn from the door of the Hillel House at Northeastern University prompted condemnations from Jewish groups and university president Joseph E. Aoun, who said Wednesday that campus police are still investigating the incident.

“No matter its origin, this despicable act has left members of our Jewish community justifiably upset, saddened, and even fearful,” President Aoun said Wednesday. “They are experiencing firsthand an instance of senseless hate, coming at a time when the ancient scourge of antisemitism is on the rise across the US and around the world.”

The ritual scroll of parchment, traditionally affixed to the doorposts of Jewish homes, was discovered to have been ripped from the Jewish center’s entrance on Monday, as students arrived for morning services.

(full article online)

Founded in 1965, the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) prides itself on being one of the most diverse campuses in the United States, highlighting its welcoming of large numbers of students from multi-ethnic backgrounds for whom English is not their first language.

However, what most may not be aware of is that despite the college’s “inclusive” credentials, it is currently grappling with a festering problem of antisemitism, often cloaked in anti-Zionism.

Indeed, a bombshell report released earlier this year revealed that the issue of anti-Jewish bigotry at the establishment has become so widespread it was described as “disturbing.”

(full article online )

Residents of a heavily Jewish neighborhood in Paris have been targeted in separate incidents this week that involved antisemitic hate mail delivered to their homes.

The incidents took place in Seine-Saint-Denis in the north-east of the French capital, according to the National Vigilance Bureau for Countering Antisemitism (BNCVA), a Paris-based organization that assists the victims of antisemitic attacks.

On Wednesday, two Jewish families living next door to each other in the same apartment building received handwritten notes posted to their front doors bearing the message, scrawled in large black letters, “Dirty Jews Out.”
--------
Wednesday’s incidents followed reports over the weekend of more than fifty homes in the Romainville area of Seine-Saint-Denis receiving crudely antisemitic hate mail.

Packages containing newspaper clippings covered in handwritten antisemitic barbs were left in residents’ mailboxes.

Slogans written in black magic marker ink included “Jewish racketeering since 1945,” “Jewish power, global threat” and “Money goes to the Jews.”

(full article online)

The incident occurred when a Jewish woman was walking down the street to pick up her five-year old child from the school bus stop. A man, who was described as approximately 30-year old, followed her and spit in her face, a police report said.

The spit hit the woman in the eyes, nose and mouth.

The assailant also screamed expletives about Jews, and said, “Hitler should have killed you when he had the chance.”

( full article online)

During early this year : Jews were not even safe in NYC and LA as massive violent mobs attacked them

Members of a neo-Nazi group hung a banner from a bridge in Austin, Texas Sunday with the message “Vax the Jews.”

The banner was put up by members of the Goyim Defense League, a group the Anti-Defamation League calls “a loose network of individuals connected by their virulent antisemitism.”

The group’s name itself is a parody of Jewish groups including the Jewish Defense League and Anti-Defamation League, using the word “goyim,” which means “non-Jews” and can have an insulting connotation. Photos on social media showed members of the group standing behind the banner making the Nazi salute.

(full article online)

Algemeiner reports:

A 32-year-old man convicted by an Austrian court on Thursday for an assault on a Jewish communal leader told the hearing: “I don’t hate all Jews — only those in Palestine.”

The unnamed man, a Syrian refugee who arrived in Austria in 2013, was sentenced to three years in a secure facility for mentally unstable prisoners. On Aug. 22, 2020, he attacked Elie Rosen, the president of the Jewish community in Graz, outside the city’s synagogue with a wooden club.

Identified through the synagogue’s CCTV cameras, Rosen’s assailant was subsequently linked by police in Graz to at least six other crimes — including the defacing of the Graz synagogue with the slogan “Free Palestine.”

Other buildings vandalized by Rosen’s assailant included an LGBTQ community center in Graz.

“He is characterized by a complete lack of repentance,” Chief Inspector Fritz Grundnig said at the time. “He is filled with hatred of Israel, Jews, gays, lesbians and prostitutes.”

The public prosecutor told the court that the assailant remained convinced in his belief that Jews should be targeted for “slaughter” and banned from living in Austria.

So how was this story headlined in El Dorar, a pan-Levant new site? That he was sentences "for his solidarity with Palestine!"

The same article justified his actions as well, saying that it was part of Syrian culture. "Syrian refugees in Europe suffer from difficulty in adapting to the laws and customs of Western society, which are far removed religiously and morally from what eastern societies know, and Syrian society in particular."

Attacking Jews and gays is a moral and religious obligation for Arabs. Their own media say so.

(full article online)

• Attendees, including family members of Holocaust survivors, were left in shock
  • Intruders changed Manchester Reform Synagogue's Zoom picture to a swastika
  • Rabbi Robyn Ashworth-Steen said the incident was 'obviously premeditated'
  • The synagogue was recently used to film a scene in BBC drama Ridley Road

(full article online)

( Even non-Jews are being attacked for other's hatred of Israel )

A 36-year old man was brutally beaten up by a group of three attackers in Berlin after he allegedly refused to say “Free Palestine,” police have said.

According to an initial report by Berlin police, the victim was walking on a sidewalk on Monday night when he was approached by three men who asked him to shout out something aloud. A police spokesperson confirmed to the German press that the 36-year old, a German citizen, was asked to say the slogan “Free Palestine.”

When the victim resisted the demand, the three men cornered him, beat him up and kicked him, seriously injuring his head, police said. The victim lost consciousness for a short time and suffered life-threatening injuries, as the three attackers managed to flee the scene. Witnesses called for an ambulance which took the attacked man to a hospital.

In a statement on Twitter, the American Jewish Committee’s Berlin office said the incident demonstrated that “Israel-related antisemitism is one of the essential and most widespread manifestations of modern antisemitism.”

The German-Israeli Society Youth Forum commented, “’Free Palestine’ is not a peaceful slogan, but is used to call for the destruction of the only Jewish state and is therefore clearly antisemitic. The attack shows that Israel-related antisemitism is a violent reality in Germany.”

The group cautioned that incidents of antisemitism in Germany are increasingly are not only verbally abusive, but are also expressed by physical attacks.

“This is a development that must be countered with all force and all means,” the Youth Forum demanded. “This includes increased education and prevention, as well as repressive means and tougher criminal prosecution.”

“Our thoughts are with the victim of this antisemitic attack and we wish him a speedy and full recovery. In order for Germany to remain a home for Jews, something must change as quickly as possible,” the group said.

The German Jewish NGO ValuesInitiative described the attack as a “hideous act” and a “brutal case of Israel-related antisemitism which is expressed more and more aggressively in Germany.”

Attacks on the Jewish Community is nothing new. On individuals or their businesses, Synagogues and Schools is also nothing new.

From time to time there is a rise in Judeophobic, Antisemitic, Jew hatred acts, and we seem to be living in one of them.

It clearly started around five years ago. The rise in White Supremacy, Nazi, Christian and Muslim attacks on Jews in too many cities all over the world, simply because of being Jewish.

There are many excuses used to attack any Jew who comes their way.

Free Palestine
Dirty Jew
Israel does not have the right to exist,
Israel is guilty of Apartheid
Israel is committing ethnic cleansing
We don't hate Jews, only Zionists
etc, etc, etc

Be the attacks on the streets, on Campuses, on the subways or anywhere else, they are clearly uncalled for and come from what each of those individuals who decide to attack one individual Jew - who has not done anything to them, or all Jews due to what they have wrongly learned about Israel, Judaism, Jewish history etc

I will be posting each individual case I do find in the news. There have been too many, which is why I decided to start this thread to deal with this more than common phenomenon, which did not look as bad as this since the Nazis took over Germany.
Jews, asians, and white especially male (including children) are the new targets........

Forum List

Back