Attacking Merit in the Name of Equity

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Due to a number of paywalls that I've been unable to scale, I cannot "link" George Will's latest essay, titled as above.

It is a brilliant summary of the harmful effects of the "equity" campaign in Academe, in which various stakeholders mount specious arguments for the refusal to retain academic merit as the controlling criterion for success and advancement. A short generation ago, no one would have believed that it would ever be necessary to reaffirm such a basic and mandatory principle as MERIT.

If anyone reading this has the ability to do it, I would appreciate a link to a non-paywalled source, so others can read this essay - which was published in my hometown paper this morning.

Due to a number of paywalls that I've been unable to scale, I cannot "link" George Will's latest essay, titled as above.

It is a brilliant summary of the harmful effects of the "equity" campaign in Academe, in which various stakeholders mount specious arguments for the refusal to retain academic merit as the controlling criterion for success and advancement. A short generation ago, no one would have believed that it would ever be necessary to reaffirm such a basic and mandatory principle as MERIT.

If anyone reading this has the ability to do it, I would appreciate a link to a non-paywalled source, so others can read this essay - which was published in my hometown paper this morning.
The most troubling aspect of this is that it has gone corporate. Gone political a long time ago.

This is just part of the divide and conquer. Good news is the country is waking up to these dangerous fools purposely doing this.

and all the dumb asses coming on this thread are just useful idiot foot soldiers

Linky Dinky??

Is old lefty Will regretting switching sides and becoming a Nazi?

Work for yourself then you create your own walls as you see fit

They will learn the hard way like they always do again and again and again. Political correctness does not equal talent or ability or results for that matter.

Forum List

Back