Atmospheric science again shows climate hysteria unfounded. We're supposed to wreck the world over this?

Fact is, vast majority do not die from it
When was the last time "the vast majority" of Americans dying from anything was a thing? Back when the Natives were here? Conversely, way back in 2021:
When does mixing one's metaphors become the only responsible choice?

Last edited:
Seems your neighbor falling "down dead in the yard next door" made quite an impact, yet you heard no sound. Do you suppose he made a noise? How about when multiple flies drop in Detroit? Do flies breed like rabbits?
Yes. It had a short term impact, is still in memory and not my first. I knew this guy, not closely but saw him frequently. His last act was desperation to get outside as he might be seen (and was), his phone was dead. I rationalize it was the time before they came and got me. Somebody should have started doing something other than screaming for help. Do something, even if it is wrong. I rationalize, I never had a shot. I rationalize his lungs were shot, other organs were effected, and apparently they were, so I never had a shot. Still, failure to achieve goals in more impactful when it is life or death, the checking for pules, positioning the victim, ensuring airway is open and the look in the eyes as you give 3 rescue breaths before normal CPR. I'm philosophical, though when necessary (and it has been) can be quite cold, but after the emergency or circumstance, action, whatever, some things you remember. For him and this event, it is the WTF? look from inches away eye to eye.
As for saying people were dropping like flies in Detroit, it is just a figure of speech, a self-protection mechanism, as I have no intention to bleed for everybody everywhere that died in that pandemic, at large. I will do what I can, when I can, if I can, if it is right in front of me. The rest is God's problem.

Yes. It had a short term impact, is still in memory and not my first. I knew this guy, not closely but saw him frequently. His last act was desperation to get outside as he might be seen (and was), his phone was dead. I rationalize it was the time before they came and got me. Somebody should have started doing something other than screaming for help. Do something, even if it is wrong. I rationalize, I never had a shot. I rationalize his lungs were shot, other organs were effected, and apparently they were, so I never had a shot. Still, failure to achieve goals in more impactful when it is life or death, the checking for pules, positioning the victim, ensuring airway is open and the look in the eyes as you give 3 rescue breaths before normal CPR. I'm philosophical, though when necessary (and it has been) can be quite cold, but after the emergency or circumstance, action, whatever, some things you remember. For him and this event, it is the WTF? look from inches away eye to eye.
As for saying people were dropping like flies in Detroit, it is just a figure of speech, a self-protection mechanism, as I have no intention to bleed for everybody everywhere that died in that pandemic, at large. I will do what I can, when I can, if I can, if it is right in front of me. The rest is God's problem.
Thanks for trying.

Yeah, thanks for trying. Indeed, our first duty is taking care of ourselves so that we may be there for others in their time of need. My intent wasn't so serious though. "Figure of speech" word play. Still, I bet you could hear a thud or something if enough flies dropped all at once and you were within earshot.

Yeah, thanks for trying. Indeed, our first duty is taking care of ourselves so that we may be there for others in their time of need. My intent wasn't so serious though. "Figure of speech" word play. Still, I bet you could hear a thud or something if enough flies dropped all at once and you were within earshot.
Well, I'm not selfless. I didn't know he had covid at the time. I don't think he did either or didn't take it serious. I didn't find out he was a week past returning from a funeral in Detroit for somebody that died up there (most likely from that new disease that was known in the news hitting that city hard) until after he was loaded into the ambulance. Then became almost sick at my stomach (though that was probably just post adrenaline), my first thought, became "good god, what has I thinking" and immediately went in the house, gargled half a bottle of Listerine, showered and scrubbed up as if getting ready to do surgery. I had gotten over being down with Covid myself a month earlier, knew I had been lucky then, and certainly didn't intend to try for round 2, as luck does run out. It didn't help when the County health department called me the next day to confirm I was the guy in the ambulance and hospital notes that started and continued CPR until turning over to the ambulance and paramedics. They told me the swab test was positive and scans of lungs showed the type of damage expected, so they were pretty sure he had died of it, but not officially until autopsy in Nashville and the deceased had been transported already. They ordered me back into strict quarantine, not to leave the house, no visitors except household family members, minimizing that as much as possible, and to be tested after 4 days whether symptomatic or not. I was negative on the swab for active but positive on the Lab Corp serum test for the antibodies.

Well, I'm not selfless. I didn't know he had covid at the time.
That's what being selfless means. You're a true American hero, jumping in head first like an idiot. And what thanks did you get? Oh look, another lab rat has just volunteered himself for more scientific experiments! - LOL.

That's what being selfless means. You're a true American hero, jumping in head first like an idiot. And what thanks did you get? Oh look, another lab rat has just volunteered himself for more scientific experiments! - LOL.
I think the better folks don't do it for the reward.

Better folks are selfless while the balance continue behaving as though life were all about accumulation. He who finishes with the most stuff wins!
But you have to admit that often, folks presented with an emergency like that will act without considering the risk to themselves or what the reward might be. And often the person doing that is someone you would never have expected to react in a sekfless manner. I think we all have a certain amout of altruism built in by evolution and if we're not given sufficient time to put a check on it, we will run in front of a bus, we will climb out a ten story window, we will lock lips with someone that might have who-know-what disease to save the life of a complete stranger because the deepest core of our mind tells us that's what we're supposed to do.

Yeah, I'd say there's a scale running from completely selfish to completely selfless, the extremes being selfish and selfless to a fault. We really don't want our firefighters dying left and right from being too risky. We don't want our cops to have no armor should they have to run through a school chasing after some suicidal idiot with an assault rifle. But we'll sure thank them for it, especially if they luck out, while the truly selfish busy themselves cursing at the more sensible cops as we've seen.

Yeah, I'd say there's a scale running from completely selfish to completely selfless, the extremes being selfish and selfless to a fault. We really don't want our firefighters dying left and right from being too risky. We don't want our cops to have no armor should they have to run through a school chasing after some suicidal idiot with an assault rifle. But we'll sure thank them for it, especially if they luck out, while the truly selfish busy themselves cursing at the more sensible cops as we've seen.
It's called the 6 stages of morality development. ;)

I'm not sure the comments I've been making would apply to firefighers and police. They're paid and trained to potentially be heroes all the time. As to the cops in Uvalde, I don't think it was fear that kept them from busting open that door - at least I don't want to think that. But I certainly think it was the result of some faulty reasoning.

I'm not sure the comments I've been making would apply to firefighers and police. They're paid and trained to potentially be heroes all the time.
I presume White6 has been paid and trained to save lives like he attempted to do. But being paid and trained often doesn't amount to much compared to one's upbringing and intrinsic character. Most cops want to save lives. But many just want to "legally order" people around so they can legally plug them full of holes should they refuse to comply to their liking.

I presume White6 has been paid and trained to save lives like he attempted to do. But being paid and trained often doesn't amount to much compared to one's upbringing and intrinsic character. Most cops want to save lives. But many just want to "legally order" people around so they can legally plug them full of holes should they refuse to comply to their liking.
I've always favored that idea that no one should be allowed on to the police force or in the military that wants to be there. They should be manned solely by temporary conscripts and a small number of professional administrators that almost never deal with the public. Just a thought. Might be a bad idea, but it's one way to avoid people who want to be there for the wrong reasons.

I've always favored that idea that no one should be allowed on to the police force or in the military that wants to be there. They should be manned solely by temporary conscripts and a small number of professional administrators that almost never deal with the public. Just a thought. Might be a bad idea, but it's one way to avoid people who want to be there for the wrong reasons.
That's a horrible idea and probably would make matters worse.

They could just lie about not wanting to be there. People first seek the respect and security granted from simply drawing a steady paycheck and many will lie like rugs just to get that. No, I don't want miserable police. But I've never understood why anyone puts their life on the line for Exxon-Mobil, GE, General Dynamics, .. so it may be a good idea regarding the military. Don't want to be cannon fodder? Really? Good! Welcome aboard! Join the club! However, none should be drafted unless all are required to serve with limited terms and zero special treatment. Representing the People from inside government? - likewise. Hazed going in, shot the moment caught accepting a bribe, performing an insider trade, or otherwise doing anything with surplus personal gain in mind.

See, like it or not, everything is funny.. so one might as well learn to like it! The sooner the better!

I truly feel sorry for anybody who believes the "man-made climate change/global warming" BS. You were either indoctrinated so early in life that you had no true frame of reference or you've bought this BS from way back.
I remember when they called it the coming new ice age. Sounded alarming at first but that fizzled out quickly once the sun started doing it's thing & temps started rising again.
So they switched over to global warming because it had warmed slightly from almost ice age conditions. I was getting skeptical to say the least, so I started questioning the narrative.
Well, global warming morphed to climate change before long as temps didn't rise fast enough to keep up with the predicted disasters.
Climate change is great & what they should have gone with from the beginning. Hot or cold, wet or dry, calm or storm, everything could be twisted to fit whatever they thought the public would buy.
Now atmospheric temperature measurements, or real science as I call it, once again shows there is no rise in temps, at least for the past 20+ years & what there was before that was minimal.
True scientists admit the Earth's atmosphere & the climate it produces is far too complex with still unknown variables for their minimal knowledge & data points to say anything but "we don't know".
True science does not need paid hacks changing or omitting actual data to fit a preferred narrative.
This whole thing is about control & I truly feel bad for those who still don't realize this yet.
Further scientific evidence that global warming starting to run out of steam over two decades ago has been presented by an international group of leading scientists. In a major re-evaluation of data from meteorology balloons rising through the troposphere, the scientists confirmed that temperatures have mostly paused since around 1998.
Humlum notes that the changes in annual values are often quite substantial, ranging from about +0.15°C to −0.15°C. He goes on to note that the temperature difference between 1915 and 2000 increased from 0.45°C to 0.67°C. “This represents an increase of about 49% over this period, meaning that about half of the apparent global temperature increase from January 1910 to January 2000 is due to administrative adjustments to the original data made since May 2008,” he writes.
In the text of the actual study linked near the top of your linked article, it states that warming in the northern hemisphere was found to be 0.39K/decade and 0.25K/decade in the southern. That would average to 0.32K/decade globally. The HadCRUT graphic of global temperature presented in your article shortly thereafter, in the approximately linear region from 1975 to 2020 present a warming rate of 0.18K/decade. This is not evidence that warming has slowed. It is evidence that it has accelerated.

That's a horrible idea and probably would make matters worse.
I have worked with several militaries manned almost entirely by universal conscription and I have found them very professional and competent. I have also met a number of "lifers" in the US military whose personal agendas should have precluded them from service. I think racial and ethnic biases, power-madness and rampant jingoism are much more common in people who WANT to join the police and military than in the general public.

Forum List

Back