Atlanta storm cluster is PROOF that government DOESN'T WORK

DoItMyself

Dec 16, 2013
Anyone watching this cluster mess in Atlanta? Oh, a little snow storm and it shuts down the whole city. Kids spending the night IN school buses. Thousands of abandoned cars on the highway, looking like a Walking Dead episode.

And the Atlanta government is helpless. The stupid police, lazy firemen, incompetent national guard, and idiot politicians, all making excuses.

Well, if they'd GET OUT OF THE WAY and stop taxing us, we could let the PRIVATE sector fix the mess. Corporations like Home Depot, Wal-Mart and dozens of private construction crews could have joined forces, prevented this mess, and fixed what little damage was done.

But OH NO, the mighy government steps in and says they'll protect us all, and fail of course.

Some construction crews from private business and supplies provided by Wal Mart, Lowes, etc, could've all had the preparation done BEFORE the storm, and then respond to problems as they occur.

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

Who's gonna pay for it?

The companies can write if off their taxes as charity.

PLUS if the damn government got out of the way, and didn't TAX these companies out the ass to pay for incompetent cops, firemen, national guard, etc, etc, then these companies would have extra money to set aside for disaster work.

You take the 10 best construction crews in Atlanta, combined with Wal Mart and Home Depot's resources, and they'd fix and prevent this mess 1,000X better than the idiots in government.

But, Republicans don't run Atlanta now do they?

Isn't insulting the police, firefighters, and national guard a little disrespectful?

Plus I don't agree with putting a profit motive behind national disasters.

Last edited:
Isn't insulting the police, firefighters, and national guard a little disrespectful?

I'll make this clear:

As a MAKER, aka, a tax payer, they work for me. So, I can critique them all I want.

It's not an insult. The police are stupid. Look what they let the roads become? The firemen are lazy. They could've rescued all those people. And the national guard is incompetent. They can fight a war, but, cant clear a highway???

The powers and assets and FAR better competence of the private sector would've done this job much better if the government didn't tax them, and they were free to pool resources to respond to disasters like this.

Clearing highways is the job of the state. Last time I looked, Georgia is ran by Republicans.

And LOL at thinking the private sector is going to take care of clearing an entire metropolitan region. Just pure insanity.

Georgia Governor Deal proclaimed a "dusting".....now he's trying to blame others included the weather forcasters....however they nailed the forcast....

accuweatheraa-600x505.jpg

Atlanta is included in the area expected to get 1 to 3 inches of snow.

So what does all this mean? At least three hours in advance of the 10 a.m., when Gov. Deal proclaimed the city was forecast to get a dusting, it was clear from the forecast models and the forecasters themselves that Atlanta was in for a major snow event on Tuesday afternoon and evening.

If I was a parent in Atlanta whose kid spent the night in a school, I would be extremely angry. The state should have known. And if I were a meteorologist in Georgia, I’d be mad too. They nailed the forecast. The state government botched it.

Forecasters are far from perfect, let’s be honest about that. But when they nail a forecast they shouldn’t be scapegoated.

For shame.

The state of Georgia utterly failed Atlanta, and then sought to blame forecasters - Weather

Last edited:

I'll make this clear:

As a MAKER, aka, a tax payer, they work for me. So, I can critique them all I want.

It's not an insult. The police are stupid. Look what they let the roads become? The firemen are lazy. They could've rescued all those people. And the national guard is incompetent. They can fight a war, but, cant clear a highway???

The powers and assets and FAR better competence of the private sector would've done this job much better if the government didn't tax them, and they were free to pool resources to respond to disasters like this.

Wow, I had no idea that roads were the responsibility of the police department. Do they get guns and hard hats?

This whole thing is ridiculous because it happened in ATLANTA, a place that rarely gets these types of storms. Northern cities are equipped and things work just fine here. The state nor local governments in GA are going to have the equipment to take care of this because they get a storm like this once every 5+ years and then it all melts away the next day.

Americans don't mind paying taxes as long as the government acts responsibly. The liberal media helped the mayor of New Orleans blame president Bush for his own criminal incompetence and failure of leadership during Katrina and the media makes excuses for the democrat mayor of Atlanta. Being a democrat means never having to say you are sorry.

Anyone watching this cluster mess in Atlanta? Oh, a little snow storm and it shuts down the whole city. Kids spending the night IN school buses. Thousands of abandoned cars on the highway, looking like a Walking Dead episode.

And the Atlanta government is helpless. The stupid police, lazy firemen, incompetent national guard, and idiot politicians, all making excuses.

Well, if they'd GET OUT OF THE WAY and stop taxing us, we could let the PRIVATE sector fix the mess. Corporations like Home Depot, Wal-Mart and dozens of private construction crews could have joined forces, prevented this mess, and fixed what little damage was done.

But OH NO, the mighy government steps in and says they'll protect us all, and fail of course.

Some construction crews from private business and supplies provided by Wal Mart, Lowes, etc, could've all had the preparation done BEFORE the storm, and then respond to problems as they occur.

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

LOL, how did those private citizens who were stranded because the government didn't help them in time fare?

It just shows me that southerners piss down their leg at the mere mention of snow. 1-3", hell, we got that before breakfast. Yeah, I can see major construction companies throwing away a couple days of billability just to clean the roadways. What a dumb idea.

I'll make this clear:

So you think Atlanta should increase its snow removal budget to the levels of Detroit? Please.....the south has a snow event like this once every decade. Blame the GOP governors, of which there are many in the south.

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

Interesting.

No Government = No roads = No traffic jams!

You are RIGHT!

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

I think this gets the Dumbest Post of the Day award.

1. It was ice, not a little snow. If you live in the north you know the difference. 1-2" of snow is no big deal but no one is going anywhere with a half inch of ice.
2. It was the mayor's call, not the federal government. Do you understand the difference? He, like the mayor of N.O. before Katrina, was warned.

Last edited:
Clearing highways is the job of the state. Last time I looked, Georgia is ran by Republicans.

And LOL at thinking the private sector is going to take care of clearing an entire metropolitan region. Just pure insanity.

Private sector (i.e. the 1%) are going to sit inside and tell the workers who deign to be in rush hour traffic, to eat cake.

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.

I think this gets the Dumbest Post of the Day award.

1. It was ice, not a little snow. If you live in the north you know the difference.
2. It was the mayor's call, not the federal government. He, like the mayor of N.O. before Katrina, was warned.

Apparently Atlanta purchased lot of new equipment after the last time this happened 3 years ago. Poor to no planning will get you every time. Does that mean Government in general doesn't work? No of course not. But you know the true politicians motto, "never let a crisis go to waste".

Rand Paul is 100% right.
Government = FAILURE.
You nutballs are a hoot! Paul is pretty much a 100% wrong on almost every thing he talks about. Consider the following. The problem with government is that it works so well you don't even see it doing its job right in front of you. When was the last time you mailed a letter and it did not arrive? How about the freeways? When you drive on them do you think about who built them and keeps them in order? When you draw a glass of water from the tap do you worry about it being safe? The food you buy is safe because of government inspectors? So is the medicine you use. Ever fly anywhere? Did you give a thought about whether the plane was in good repair and safe? Did you ever worry about whether the pilot was qualified? When was the last time a plague crossed America and killed millions? Who monitors plagues and such and makes sure they are contained before they start? Ever hear of the CDC? I could go on but I know you will ignore this post (probably because you think like paul).

Sure aren't too many REAL conservatives around here. Bunch of libtards.

If the government didn't tax us to death, private companies would have MORE money on hand to do it with, but the difference is, they'd have BETTER and SMARTER people doing it.

Think about it. Who pays for all those morons in the police, fire, Nat'l guard who screwed the response up? Us. Taxpayers and corporations. If they didn't tax us, WE would still have that money, so companies could use that money to pay THEIR employees in construction and supply companies to clear the roads, and prepare for the storm.

Construction companies have the equipment and manpower. Wal-Mart and Lowes have the supplies. If they still had all that money that we waste in cops and firemen and guardsmen, they could set it aside for civic response causes, like this, where they could put THEIR people and resources to work for the city.

Liberals, of course, would rather that money be gobbled up by government nonsense.

New Topics

Forum List

Back