Atheists view Christians with contempt and derision

Ha ha ha, see why you get laughed at, for following a god doesn't stop the wars and the horrible crimes and many religionists are the very ones making it happen
This world is an evil place. Christians live for the world to come, not this one. Those that follow Christ will be rescued, cleansed of sin, and rewarded with eternity in the perfect world to come. Those that choose to reject Christ will die into non-existence, along with Satan, his demons, and sin and death. In the world to come, there will be no more sin, no more sickness, no more suffering, and no more death.

The purpose of this existence is to see who is a decent and good person and who is an asshole.

Ha ha, most of the worlds nations live under a religious rule, thus your feeble excuse is an epic fail.

Most of the world are armed to the teeth, it is inevitable mankind will kill itself out of existence.

K9Buck
Not those evil communists again.
Demon inspired and still created by your silly god. What's going on up there?

Ha ha ha, see why you get laughed at, for following a god doesn't stop the wars and the horrible crimes and many religionists are the very ones making it happen
This world is an evil place. Christians live for the world to come, not this one. Those that follow Christ will be rescued, cleansed of sin, and rewarded with eternity in the perfect world to come. Those that choose to reject Christ will die into non-existence, along with Satan, his demons, and sin and death. In the world to come, there will be no more sin, no more sickness, no more suffering, and no more death.

The purpose of this existence is to see who is a decent and good person and who is an asshole.

Ha ha, most of the worlds nations live under a religious rule, thus your feeble excuse is an epic fail.

Most of the world are armed to the teeth, it is inevitable mankind will kill itself out of existence.

No, Tommy, "most" nations are not under "religious rule". But there's no more point to reading your foolishness, let alone responding to it. Goodbye.

Atheists view Christians with contempt and derision​

If I'm not mistaken, based on what I've read here and other places, the feelings are reciprocated.

To an extent, but atheists come out of the woodwork for anything related to Christianity. Conversely, by and large, the vast majority of Christians ignore atheists.

Unfortunately, the leadership of this community supports the destruction of Christian discussion by permitting the demonic atheists to derail and destroy discussions that pertain to Christianity. That's why I take such discussion elsewhere. They could have hundreds of posters here to engage in such discussion, but management apparently wants to limit the forum's popularity.

Why can't you answer this failure?
I did. You are looking for peace between tribes/nations. I pointed out that Christ's teachings were about bringing peace into the individual's life. While I do not find peace in the world, I find it in abundance in my own life. In my life Jesus has truly been the Prince of Peace. Thousands, even millions can tell you the same thing.

Some Christians and atheists are such towering hypocrites and judgmental pains in the ass that they deserve all the criticism they receive. Most Christians and atheists just go about their day and stay out of other people's business. The people who want to preach at you are assholes no matter what belief system they are selling.
There you go, preaching to us and feigning non-judgment. Anyone who disagrees with YOU is a judgmental pain in the ass and an asshole. It's so simple really.

One of the foremost constitutional theorists of the founding generation, John Adams, observed, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”1 He wasn’t the only Founding Father to hold this view. Indeed, James Madison wrote that our Constitution requires “sufficient virtue among men for self-government,” otherwise, “nothing less than the chains of despotism can restrain them from destroying and devouring one another.”2

Many of our Founders were men of faith or were influenced strongly by the Judeo-Christian tradition.3 They accepted the premise of mankind’s imperfect nature. They had experienced first-hand the oppressive dictates of Parliament and the Crown that led to the American Revolution. And they were rightly suspicious of the accumulation of governmental power by one person or a small body — “the very definition of tyranny” according to Madison.4

constitutionallaw.regent.edu

I did. You are looking for peace between tribes/nations. I pointed out that Christ's teachings were about bringing peace into the individual's life. While I do not find peace in the world, I find it in abundance in my own life. In my life Jesus has truly been the Prince of Peace. Thousands, even millions can tell you the same thing.
It's in the way that you use it. I have no doubt that most or all of those people would have found their peace another way, if they had never seen a bible or heard of Christianity.

There you go, preaching to us and feigning non-judgment. Anyone who disagrees with YOU is a judgmental pain in the ass and an asshole. It's so simple really.

One of the foremost constitutional theorists of the founding generation, John Adams, observed, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”1 He wasn’t the only Founding Father to hold this view. Indeed, James Madison wrote that our Constitution requires “sufficient virtue among men for self-government,” otherwise, “nothing less than the chains of despotism can restrain them from destroying and devouring one another.”2

Many of our Founders were men of faith or were influenced strongly by the Judeo-Christian tradition.3 They accepted the premise of mankind’s imperfect nature. They had experienced first-hand the oppressive dictates of Parliament and the Crown that led to the American Revolution. And they were rightly suspicious of the accumulation of governmental power by one person or a small body — “the very definition of tyranny” according to Madison.4

constitutionallaw.regent.edu
Great post!

I have no doubt that most or all of those people would have found their peace another way, if they had never seen a bible or heard of Christianity.
You mean like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and other infamous, mass-murdering, atheists?

Visit the countless social media platforms that now exist and delve into topics where God is mentioned and you'll see innumerable numbers of atheists mocking believers. They are spiritually compelled to do so, they just don't know it.
Their hypocrisy is contemptible. They feel it is their duty to occupy any and every religious forum and sling their feces continuously under various rubrics of "free speech" and "what are you afraid of?" But let a single Christian enter an atheist discussion and it's "TROLL, TROLL,, TROLL, BAN THE TROLL!!!! NOW." Exactly like today's newspapers and CNN and NBC and CBS and PBS and Twitter and Facebook and Google and Hollywood and public education.

You mean like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, and other infamous, mass-murdering, atheists?
No. The irony of that silly argument is, those countries were VERY religious. Those were all gods on earth. Like North Korea and the Kims.

i will spare the board the boredom of talking about people who kill in the name of religion. because that would be equally stupid in reference to what I was saying.

They feel it is their duty to occupy any and every religious forum and sling their feces continuously under various rubrics of "free speech"
Nobody has a right to hijack or derail a thread, not in this or any other forum. If and when it happens, please let me know and I'll address it. Thanks.

Essentially, Jesus came to Earth to tell us to follow him to eternal life as opposed to following guys like you into eternal death.
Sure he did. Sure. But you did admit what the little carrot is: your personal reward. The special little boy gets to live forever. How adorable.

Sure he did. Sure. But you did admit what the little carrot is: your personal reward. The special little boy gets to live forever. How adorable.
It's your right to mock and reject Jesus and eternal life. You won't be missed.

Unfortunately, not the guys that ran them.
Right, they didn't like the competition. People like the ayatollah of iran do it smarter, and just claim to be the equivalent of the voice of god on earth. Best of both worlds.

Forum List

Back