Atheism is a golden opportunity to believe nothing matters

Wow, does it embarrass you the way you try to blame religious people for the crimes of atheistic Communists?
I am more blaming religion itself, i.e., the willing suspension of incredulity, as I believe it can make otherwise good people do horrible things.
You are debating in bad faith when you blame religion for what the Communists did.

Atheism is what gave Communism the power to murder 100,000,000 people in the 20th Century.
False. That was pure religion, and it was worship of the authoritarians. Stalin was considered all knowing and all powerful. That's religion, plain as day.
:auiqs.jpg:
Uh oh, looks Like poor Billy is going to have another cackling session. Breathe, billy. Form some big boy words.

Laughter is all you deserve. :auiqs.jpg:

Lets be fair.

Atheists care about their health, their life style, their children and their future, their job, their diet, their neighbor, etc. etc. etc. They believe all of those matter.

The only thing atheists won't care is subjecting themselves to a god, this is to say, to follow a religious doctrine and having hope of another life after death.

I think this topic contains malice when exaggerates the implication of being an atheist as if atheists won't care about anything.

Why would anyone pass that up?
On the contrary, atheism is a good reason to believe everything matters!

You only get one shot. Get it right the first time!
If that is true, why are so many atheists so eager to end people's lives through abortion and euthanasia?

You would think atheists would value human life MORE, but the opposite is true.

You know nothing about atheism or atheists. The straw men you have made up to represent what you imagine are absurd.
The French Revolution was led by atheists. They murdered many thousands of people.

The Communists are atheists. They've murdered many millions of people.

Tell me, what is it about atheists you want to tell me?
The French Revolution was led by people who were tired of being burned by the monarchy AIDED by the Catholic Church hierarchy.

Here's the thing, if I believe, and am wrong, I have risked nothing.
False. You may have wasted much of your limited time on earth on magical horseshit. You might have made moral decisions that may actually been immoral, due to your religious belief. You may have paid a high opportunity cost in things you didn't think were worth doing, when you thought you were going to exist forever. You may have wasted a lot of your money on this magical scam. I can keep going...

Pascal's wager is total bullshit.
Money wasted? Like money given to Covenant House to help young adults who would otherwise be on the streets?

Save a Child's Life - Donate Today | Covenant House
Yeah...who's pocketing that money?

Atheism is what gave Communism the power to murder 100,000,000 people in the 20th Century.

They see themselves as the Crown of Creation-by-chance, and they answer to no one but themselves.
Not true at all....the disgust with how religion had worked with totalitarian monarchies for centuries gave Communism the power to fill the vaccuum.

So if you lost your faith in god- you would stop believing anything else matters?

As an atheist, I can tell you quite clearly- you are an idiot if you believe that about me.

Not only do I have firm beliefs, I have no problem with mining the Bible or any other religious texts for wisdom.

Really Sermon on the Mount- Jesus reminding his followers that not only that they need to love their neighbors but they should love their enemies- because that is the hard thing to do. Now that is wisdom.

If there is no God, then people who prosper through wicked deeds get away with it and people who make sacrifices to do good deeds are never rewarded.

I guess it matters to me.

Why do you believe that? What God tells you that?

If that is true, why are so many atheists so eager to end people's lives through abortion and euthanasia?

As an atheist, I can say I have never known any atheist eager to end people's lives.

Certainly I have never hoped for half of the voters in the United States to commit suicide as you have done.

Wow, does it embarrass you the way you try to blame religious people for the crimes of atheistic Communists?
I am more blaming religion itself, i.e., the willing suspension of incredulity, as I believe it can make otherwise good people do horrible things.
You are debating in bad faith when you blame religion for what the Communists did.

Frankly, coming from someone who accuses atheists of being in favor of deaths, while you expressed your hope here at USMB for every Democrat in America to commit suicide- I think I can accuse you of debating in bad faith.

Who said that you need a god or goddess to believe things matter? Sounds like a crutch or a control.
NO accountability to anyone. Hence, unborn babies being slaughtered, men having sex with other men, men walking in on little girls using the restroom, etc...

No accountability to anyone. Hence millions of Christians were slaughtered by other Christians. Millions of pagans, including children and pregnant women, were slaughtered by Christians. Forceable conversions, mass expulsions- yeah- calling yourself a Christian clearly makes one so accountable.

Not all people who believe in abortions and euthanasia are Athiests. I am not an Athiest but I definitely believe in euthanasia.

Ca

You know nothing about atheism or atheists. The straw men you have made up to represent what you imagine are absurd.
The French Revolution was led by atheists. They murdered many thousands of people.

The Communists are atheists. They've murdered many millions of people.

Tell me, what is it about atheists you want to tell me?
Catholic priests molest children. Many conflicts were over religion.

Forum List

Back