At what point does the President admit that he is a fail?

You don't hear much about this, but the chance still exists.

Sooner or later even this delusional President is going to have to come to grips with his own ineptitude.

If and when he finally admits (first to himself) that he is a massive fail as President, is there any chance that he will do the right thing and decide NOT to seek re-election?

I mean, sure. He's a narcissist. But even so: who thinks that he might pull an LBJ and someday announce that he will not seek a second term?

Obama admitting he is a failure is as likely as you being Spartacus...Which we know you cannot be.....:up:

BTW....Long time...how are things with you?

Me? I'm ok. And you? Hope all is well. It HAS been a long time.

As for President Obama, I agree that the odds are very long.

BTW: "I am Spartacus."

:D

(Sounds like sumpin' I heard a few times ... somewhere.)

If he is such a big "failure" the ballot box will decide.

No?

These calls of "resignation" go nicely along with the Right wings method of dealing with a Democratic President. Nullification of the popular vote.

Maybe. But your reply is kind of beside the very point. For if he is a fail (no "if" about it, he is) he may never get the chance to have that confirmed for him at the ballot box.

The question remains: "is there a chance that he won't RUN?"

I don't know the current Vegas "line" in betting terms, but even they recognize that there is some possibility that the President will not seek a second term.

I am rooting for BHO to pull an LBJ!

Last edited:
If he were no more than a Soros marionette he would already be out the door. You don't get to be where old George is by treating sunk costs as real.

If they dump Obama, the blacks will stay home in November. That will destroy democrats up and down the ticket and make the road to party recovery twice as hard, as they might continue to stay home for a long time.

Likewise with the Latin vote.

They are just going to take the hit this time around on voter disappointment. They are counting on Demographics to move the agenda later on.

If he were no more than a Soros marionette he would already be out the door. You don't get to be where old George is by treating sunk costs as real.

If they dump Obama, the blacks will stay home in November. That will destroy democrats up and down the ticket and make the road to party recovery twice as hard, as they might continue to stay home for a long time.

They are just going to take the hit this time around on voter disappointment. They are counting on Demographics to move the agenda later on.

An interesting take on it.

Take the hit rather than seek a candidate who might be able to salvage for them their desire to move the ball forward from here, NOW....

I wonder if their risk analysis includes a calculation of just how big a "hit" they are likely to take "this time?"

They can't afford to piss off their two biggest voting blocks. Forcing Obama to retire will be seen as a sellout. The voters in NY 9 had a swing of 25% because the party sold out Weiner.

The minority voters will forgive incompetence. They won't forgive treason.

I am suspicious of the vote of any ethnic group, and the claims of there support of one candidate over another. The different ethnic groups are lacking work, and losing jobs and there homes just like the white folks. I dont know anyone black,white or other wise who is happy with how things are going or how they have gone. I also haven't met anyone who are very excited about Obama's opposition. In the end I think it will come down to how many of who's supporters dont just stay home.

The president's "admission of failure" will happen or not on election day in November next year.

They can't afford to piss off their two biggest voting blocks. Forcing Obama to retire will be seen as a sellout. The voters in NY 9 had a swing of 25% because the party sold out Weiner.

The minority voters will forgive incompetence. They won't forgive treason.

It might piss off their biggest voting blocks to again run the President who has done damn little to back-up his hopey/changey promises.

I'm not sure you can feed the voting blocks with wish sandwiches.

Sooner or later even this delusional President is going to have to come to grips with his own ineptitude.

If and when he finally admits (first to himself) that he is a massive fail as President, is there any chance that he will do the right thing and decide NOT to seek re-election?

I mean, sure. He's a narcissist. But even so: who thinks that he might pull an LBJ and someday announce that he will not seek a second term?

It's easier to just continue blaming Bush for all of his failures. I hope he keeps it up right until election day

It's easier to just continue blaming Bush for all of his failures. I hope he keeps it up right until election day

The "odds" I saw were a few months old (sometime maybe in April? I forget): but anyway, the "odds" of him getting the Dem nomination were listed as 1 to 10. Not quite a "lock," but damn fine odds in favor of him running as the standard bearer (again) for the Democratics.

Back then the odds for Shrillary were like 6 to 1.

I wonder if the odds have changed given the President's hideous performance (in most regards) since then?

Indeed. He had both houses and still blames Bush/Republicans for his failure.

He will never admit failure, N.P.O does not allow for that.

However, I personally believe that Obama hates his job and will be beyond relieved when he is given the boot in 2012. He will miss the perks though.

Last edited:
He won't admit he was wrong. He won't step back from the job in favor of someone else. He could loose the dem convention to a shrillery ticket with a black vp canidate all but signed on.

Either way, who ever wins the dem nomination is a sacrifial lamb. I think the hit that the dems are going to take will be huge.

Obama is not capable of admitting his economic policies aren't working--because he doesn't recognize his error. Same as Jimmy Carter. This country has elected an economic moron. Both of these Presidents have high I.Q's--but are incapable of recognizing problems within their own policies--(ones that work--ones that don't work)--so they plod along on the same course through-out their 4 years--doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.

That's why Obama's new jobs bill--is called Son of Stimulus or Stim Jr.

Mitt Romney couldn't have explained it better. Obama is out there plugging in quarters into a pay phone--(reflecting on FDR'S policies in the 1930's.) while failing to realize that we live in a smart phone century.

Last edited:

The biggest mistake Obama has made thus far is agreeing to any kind of compromise with the Republicans.

But I would agree that it can be hard for a POTUS to admit to mistakes. Look at Bush. He swaggered us into a huge war and is personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths FOR NO GOOD REASON. Yet you guys will gladly give him a pass on it. Bush is the worst fucking POS POTUS in the history of the nation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQzdW7hg4A]Classic Bush - What Mistakes? - YouTube[/ame]

The biggest mistake Obama has made thus far is agreeing to any kind of compromise with the Republicans.

But I would agree that it can be hard for a POTUS to admit to mistakes. Look at Bush. He swaggered us into a huge war and is personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of innocent deaths FOR NO GOOD REASON. Yet you guys will gladly give him a pass on it. Bush is the worst fucking POS POTUS in the history of the nation.

Hey, genius. This is a thread about Obama, not Bush. Bush is not the president. He has not been the president in 3 years.
And for the record, Obama never compromised with Republicans for the first two years in office. He doesn't now either. In the debt ceiling compromise the Dems had to ask him to leave the room so they could strike a deal.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haQzdW7hg4A]Classic Bush - What Mistakes? - YouTube[/ame]

President Bush had some faults. No question. But the worst President EVER is the current inhabitant of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington D.C. He is a nearly complete fail.

Hey, genius. This is a thread about Obama, not Bush. Bush is not the president. He has not been the president in 3 years.
And for the record, Obama never compromised with Republicans for the first two years in office. He doesn't now either. In the debt ceiling compromise the Dems had to ask him to leave the room so they could strike a deal.

Really? I thought the title of the thread was......

At what point does the President admit that he is a fail?

I never saw Obama's name in the title.

But hey, I can understand why you opposed my post though given your unfettered support of Texas governors for POTUS.

Forum List

Back