AT&T anticipates a current quarter cost of $1 billion for health care reform

Hey - maybe Obama will bail out the telecoms! Or maybe tax the rich to pay people's phone bills! Or maybe the feds can just run it...

The rah rahs have no fucking clue how much this will cost EVERYONE

(I may join Baruch in that melt down now)

o no! no more government handouts to a multi billion dollar company who illegaly spied on every american's internet and phone data! the horror!

o no! no more government handouts to a multi billion dollar company who illegaly spied on every american's internet and phone data! the horror!

Deflect away. I wouldn't want to have to defend my support of Obamanation either.

And guess where AT&T is going to get the 1 billion bucks from to fund their share of Obama's Health Care Reform! :lol::lol:

Oh yeah, BHO, this is CHANGE for sure, lotsa $$CHANGE$$ for America.

Let's see, Who is next to fund Obamas CHANGE VIA the consumers?

Last edited:
how many jobs not created and going to be lost? That's ok, daddy will care for all.

b-b-b-but....Obama care will make more jobs and feed the children and improve quality of care and end world hunger and magically make everyone smart!

b-b-b-but....Obama care will make more jobs and feed the children and improve quality of care and end world hunger and magically make everyone smart!

Those green jobs, will they be tax exempt? Maybe there, that's where the new jobs will be? To fight global climate change! Yeah, there's the ticket. :doubt:

Those green jobs, will they be tax exempt? Maybe there, that's where the new jobs will be? To fight global climate change! Yeah, there's the ticket. :doubt:

This is just the beginning of the Trickle UP Obama economy of CHANGE funded by you know who, all of us All Day Suckers. Not only do we have to fund the Bailouts, now Health care reform AND all the jacked up fees and costs of the services we use daily from various providers. Yup sure is going to cost the consumer a lot less for health care and 50 times as much for everything else! :cuckoo:

I'm sure AT&T is just about going broke.. :eusa_boohoo:

Yeah Sarah, maybe we should take up a collection in USMB, now I feel bad for them. :lol::lol:

And they have more customers than Comcast, who have like 40 million subscribers at a minimum of $45/mo up to hundreds per month for all the 'stuff'. Let's see $45 times 40 MILLION per month. Yup I gotta send them a donation.

Yeah Sarah, maybe we should take up a collection in USMB, now I feel bad for them. :lol::lol:

And they have more customers than Comcast, who have like 40 million subscribers at a minimum of $45/mo up to hundreds per month for all the 'stuff'. Let's see $45 times 40 MILLION per month. Yup I gotta send them a donation.

Here's my 5 bucks...

Of course they won't go broke. They're going to lay people off, increasing the unemployment rate, and raise their rates so all the poor and middle class schmoes out there will be footing the bill. That's how the real world works, but what the hell would you know about the real world. You live in a Candyland fantasy of naivete and juvenile stupidity.

AT&T is anticipating a cost of $1 billion this quarter to cover the new health care reform law passed this week.

AT&T to take $1 billion charge on health care bill - Mar. 26, 2010

Great, the benefits of this plan are starting to become obvious. Oh, did I say benefits? I guess I should have said costs.

Rick
White House spokesman Robert Gibbs defended this change on Thursday, explaining that the previous law essentially allowed for two deductions - one for the employer's own contribution, and another for the tax-free federal subsidy.
So basically, no more gravy train.

How sad for AT&T. I think I'll change my phone company after learning they were benefiting off of taxpayers to this extent.

Corporations do not pay the cost of benefits, their customers do. AT&T, Caterpillar, and countless other corporations are going to lay off workers and/or raise prices to pay for Obamacare.

Sadly, we haven't even begun to see all of the other "unintended consequences" that will most certainly result from this POS legislation.......stay tuned for more bad news for the American citizens. But heh, in four years or so, they'll have government mandated and rationed health care, whether they want it or not. For liberals, the ends justify the means- even it means lying, cheating, stealing, and screwing the citizenry.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back