At least 16 dead in clashes between Armenia and Azerbaijan

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
At least 16 military and several civilians were killed on Sunday in the heaviest clashes between Armenia and Azerbaijan since 2016, reigniting concern about stability in the South Caucasus, a corridor for pipelines carrying oil and gas to world markets.

The clashes between the two former Soviet republics, which fought a war in the 1990s, were the latest flare-up of a long-running conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh, a breakaway region that is inside Azerbaijan but is run by ethnic Armenians.

Nagorno-Karabakh said 16 of its serviceman had been killed and more than 100 wounded after Azerbaijan launched an air and artillery attack early on Sunday. Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh declared martial law and mobilised the male population.

Well, I think at this point it's beyond "concern about stability" and into full fledged instability.

At least 16 military and several civilians were killed on Sunday in the heaviest clashes between Armenia and Azerbaijan since 2016, reigniting concern about stability in the South Caucasus, a corridor for pipelines carrying oil and gas to world markets.

The clashes between the two former Soviet republics, which fought a war in the 1990s, were the latest flare-up of a long-running conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh, a breakaway region that is inside Azerbaijan but is run by ethnic Armenians.

Nagorno-Karabakh said 16 of its serviceman had been killed and more than 100 wounded after Azerbaijan launched an air and artillery attack early on Sunday. Armenia and Nagorno-Karabakh declared martial law and mobilised the male population.

Well, I think at this point it's beyond "concern about stability" and into full fledged instability.

any unfortunate chance that Iran or Turkey will get
involved-----or Russia?

1601232696152.png

*****SAD SMILE*****

:)

The best solution for other countries is to stay away from it. Let Turkey and Russia take the burden of negotiations on behalf of their allied states - Azerbaijan and Armenia respectively.

The US will probably be the turks dog here they are in Nato turkey supports Azerbaijan with weapons fighters and f 16 operations but I hope not that will be bad for armenians

PS----you got a link to the MYSTERIOUS
"azeri genocide" ?
my history book at my old college...

.com

aw c'mon---TRY What happened to the christians and jews of Azerbaijan----they
EVAPORATED? There are a few azeris of
the "non-muslim" persuasion" in the USA---
even in my town-----ie SURVIVORS. The people to ask ARE THEM. There is actually a far MORE significant population of muslims in
Armenia. DUH

Armenians are nothing more than single issue zealots, and that issue is hatred of Turkey, whose closed border rightly cuts off Armenia's access to Europe and the west. they resemble the Dems' hatred of Trump

as WB Yeats said about the Irish, and about himself...

"Nothing said or done can reach
My fanatic heart.
Out of Ireland have we come.
Great hatred, little room,
Maimed us at the start.
I carry from my mother's womb
A fanatic heart."

Armenians are nothing more than single issue zealots, and that issue is hatred of Turkey, whose closed border rightly cuts off Armenia's access to Europe and the west. they resemble the Dems' hatred of Trump

as WB Yeats said about the Irish, and about himself...

"Nothing said or done can reach
My fanatic heart.
Out of Ireland have we come.
Great hatred, little room,
Maimed us at the start.
I carry from my mother's womb
A fanatic heart."

You need a citation on the ARMENIAN GENOCIDE? I learned about it at age
8-----( I am passed 70 now ) You have
yet to provide a citation for the MYSTERIOUS
AZERI GENOCIDE which, somehow resulted
in a virtual wiping out of non muslims in
Azerjaban-----historically a land of hindus,
zoroastrians and christians and jews. Sorry
to hear that you are so afflicted with hatred
that genocides DELIGHT YOU. PS---not only did I hear about it from mom----I even came across a survivor during my young adult years.

any unfortunate chance that Iran or Turkey will get
involved-----or Russia?
No, Turkey or Iran cannot interfere because Mother Russia will not accept that. It is their sphere of power.

Forum List

Back