Astrological Birth Signs and Astronomy News

What Is Your Astrological Birth Sign?

• Total voters

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Hi, I created a thread at one time with a poll where people could tell us their birth sign and also talk about it. I also wanted to have Astronomy News included but I didn't do that so I recreated the thread. People seem to love talking about the nighttime sky and also your personal astrology.

The poll is now a public poll, I thought that would be fun to see and everybody can submit their favorite Astrologers/Astronomers. I allowed for two options to choose on the poll for those born on the cusp.

Have fun with it. I will begin with an event scheduled for this afternoon at the website Slooh. It's very good and I visit all the time.

The Night Sky Wears Green for St. Patrick's Day!
Dear Sheila,

On the road to the Faroe Islands and the total solar eclipse, Slooh expedition team will be making a stop to image the Northern Lights in Iceland, considered one of the best locations to catch a view of the incredible, shimmering aurorae. On St. Patrick’s Day, March 17th, Slooh will be putting on a live show broadcasting these notoriously green lights. Twitter users can ask questions via the hashtag #SloohAurora

CAP2qvUUcAA1eGW.png

Cappy. Got the mountain goat hooves for craggy peaks. Got a tail for swimming to the depths of the ocean.

Pisces.

(Not that I believe in any of that hooey.)
Capricorns never do. Oops, Thought you were a Capricorn. Now you have no excuse, Pisces usually believe in this hooey. :)

Last edited:
I used to be way into astrology. I've forgotten most of what I learned. There's definitely something to it.

The stars and planets are just indicators, like hands on a clock. They don't hold power in and of themselves, but represent something transcendent which does.

I used to be way into astrology. I've forgotten most of what I learned. There's definitely something to it.

The stars and planets are just indicators, like hands on a clock. They don't hold power in and of themselves, but represent something transcendent which does.
If you lived 3000 years ago, you would have made up the same thing to pass time.....

Total Solar Eclipse Occurs Friday: Where and How to (Safely) See It

This week, the moon will completely cover the disk of the sun, creating a solar eclipse that only a small part of the world can see.

The Friday, March 20 total solar eclipse event will be the first since Nov. 3, 2013. The dark umbral shadow cone of the moon will trace a curved path primarily over the North Atlantic and Arctic Oceans, beginning off the southern tip of Greenland and then winding its way counterclockwise to the northeast, passing between Iceland and the United Kingdom.

The shadow will then pass over the Danish-owned Faroe Islands, the sparsely inhabited Norwegian island group of Svalbard and then it will hook counterclockwise toward the northwest, where it leaves the Earth's surface just short of the North Pole. [Solar Eclipses: An Observer's Guide (Infographic)]

Total Solar Eclipse Occurs Friday Where and How to Safely See It - NBC News

150316-space-solar-eclipse-photography-safety-8_7dd8f015cce929c9154667070fd4c8d5.nbcnews-ux-720-480.jpg

I used to be a lot more into it as well. It's fun if you educate yourself enough to know about creating charts rather than blindly following the astrology predictions of the day.

Pisces.

(Not that I believe in any of that hooey.)

I remember a clever line from the old TV show "Adam 12". His partner brings up the astrology column in the paper and Martin Milner sez: "I'm a Capricorn. Everybody knows, Capricorns don't believe in Astrology". ;)

Yup, I agree. I used to do everybody's charts for 'em. I remember them all too.

Your Sign, the Truth

Nobody is typical of their zodiac sign. We are all individuals and, in our full birth charts, based on our date, time and place of birth, we have all twelve signs operating on us. Your zodiac sign (we astrologers call it your Sun sign) is one of the stronger influences but it is not the only one. It can never, ever represent the be-all and end all of who you are.

Astrology is not about destiny. I hate that word. Astrology is about choice. It is about weighing up your options and picking the best ones. Being born on a certain day doesn't force you to be a certain way. It just makes you a bit more likely to be that way. As the ancients said "Astra Inclinant, Non necessitant" - the stars may lean on us a bit but they don't use force.

While we're on the topic of the ancients, I have an apology to make to them. I have used the word Myth today to mean "misconception". The word though, has another meaning. A myth is a revealing, colourful legend that has been passed down through countless generations. Behind every sign, there's a wonderful myth and a fascinating story.

This is an extraordinary week: a Solar Eclipse, a powerful 'Supermoon', the final Pluto/Uranus Square and the Equinox!

http://www.cainer.com/zodiacguide/

On the early morning of March 20th from North America, the Moon will slide in front of the Sun to form, in certain special locations on Earth, a Total Solar Eclipse. Slooh is sending an expedition team led by Paul Cox to the Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic, in order to stream live images of this magnificent total eclipse as it happens! Twitter users can ask questions via the hashtag ‪#SloohEclipse

Total Solar Eclipse
Friday, March 20th
1:30 AM PDT / 4:30 AM EDT / 0830 UTC

Watch Our Broadcasts Live Each Month SloohSlooh

You don't believe in it, GTFO. It's really easy for stupid people like you. Go on now, go find some thread that will be more intellectual for you.

You don't believe in it, GTFO. It's really easy for stupid people like you. Go on now, go find some thread that will be more intellectual for you.

He's a bitter old man with nothing good to say about anything. Prolly a Capricorn with afflictions in his chart.
Hey wait --- that's what I am...

He's a bitter old man with nothing good to say about anything. Prolly a Capricorn with afflictions in his chart.
Hardly. He is bitter, you are a very nice person. :)

Hardly. He is bitter, you are a very nice person. :)

Aw shucks, takes one to know one :smiliehug:

It's part of the Journey -- I've learned to manage my afflictions.

Somewhat.... :eusa_shifty:

Forum List

Back