Assuming there is another debate, will Trump do this again?

There are no words for what happened in the first debate, so there's no reason to review or describe it.

Do you think that Trump will moderate or change or adjust his, uh, approach in the next one?

Against my better judgement, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he'll come to some level of understanding of what he did in the first, and at least TRY to behave SOMETHING like a normal adult in the next one.

Thoughts?
I probably disagree with most in that I think Trump has a general plan going into a debate, and while he's certainly no Reagan and not even Slick Willy, he is acting to create a persona. Most talking heads that I've read agree that Trump was trying to bait Biden into a gaffe. But Biden was the guy who actually baited Trump into telling his Proud Boys to "stand by." And Trump's bullying persona doesn't play well with the women and suburban votes Trump has hemmoraged, and the state gopers not tied to Trump, are …. deflated.

We have the VP debate next, and I'm not fan of Pence's ties to fundy Xianity, but he is noted for treating people with civility. I doubt he'll go Trump's "black ho" with Harris. And frankly its a good thing Harris isn't a ho because Trump certainly can't be trusted around them, and like most "preacher men" I think Pence would like to some walking. (-:

Then debate 2 is the town hall, where people asking questions, and the questions, will be vetted to make sure they are really posed by "undecided" voters. So, while I'm sure Trump will gripe about Hunter, my guess is it'll be more "the democrat governors destroyed the economy … I wasn't involved." "Biden knows nothting about economics, and don't pay attention to the three trillion I just wasted when Obama got through a worse recession on a mere trillion" "Biden will be soft on Jina."
The "stand by" comment was over blown.
We all get a kick out of seeing those guys beat down some Antifa punks occasionally.
In fact, on more than one occasion, they have stymied the violence by running them out of an area.
I get what he was saying, and I agree with the testament. Most do. But as President, he can't say what most people can with out the left shitting in their pants.

I couldn't get past the very uninformed statement in your first sentence.

You need to tell that to the proud boys and Amazon. Amazon has removed proud boys merchandise that displays the stand back but stand by slogan.

Then there's the other tee shirt that just says stand back standing by. Which is a cue to trump. They are standing by.

They even made a new emblem.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 1.58.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 1.56.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 1.52.53 PM.png

He will change his behavior or at least try. Whether he will succeed or not, we will have to see.
The debate commission has decided to change some rules to help prevent this from happening again.
I find it interesting that trump signed a contract agreeing to the rules but broke some of them within minutes of taking the stage.
That's what trump's word is worth. Worthless.
I'm fascinated by the psychology of his behaviors, and my guess is that if we dove deeper into the characteristics of those who suffer from acute narcissistic personality disorder we'd get some clarity.

I don't really believe that his behavioral tendencies are a mystery at all.

The shit show the other night was no surprise.

My own father earned a doctorate in human behavior, and many of the conversations that we had during his lifetime revolved around the typical actions of those with a sense of entitlement, unearned privilege and self centeredness.

Whenever the next round of debates occur, the moderator must be forceful enough to reel him in.......if that's even possible.
Yeah, it's difficult for me to distinguish from what he might think of as "strategy", and just the latest manifestations of his profound self-esteem issues.

My natural impulse, for a normal, intelligent adult, is to think or assume that there must have been some kind of method behind the madness.

But you're right, It may just be madness. I've never seen anyone, ever, so eager to wear their damage on their sleeve like this.

trump isn't a complicated man. In fact, he's textbook and very easy to understand.

Totally agree
He's the fourth grade bully, all mouth, no brains. The Trumpsters are the little kids who follow him around and cheer him on, feeling like they're a part of it, and he tolerates them because they love him and enable him.

There are no words for what happened in the first debate, so there's no reason to review or describe it.

Yes there are. President Trump whooped Hidin' Biden's ass even with the goofy, limp wristed moderator who protected Sleepy Joe and presented irrelevant "gotcha" questions direct from Fake News WaPo and NYT . Did you at least read the transcript? :eusa_think:

Yes there are. President Trump whooped Hidin' Biden's ass even with the goofy, limp wristed moderator who protected Sleepy Joe. Did you at least read the transcript? :eusa_think:
Right on bro! You nailed it dude! MAGA!

Do you think that Trump will moderate or change or adjust his, uh, approach in the next one?

Against my better judgement, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he'll come to some level of understanding of what he did in the first, and at least TRY to behave SOMETHING like a normal adult in the next one.

Thoughts?
I probably disagree with most in that I think Trump has a general plan going into a debate, and while he's certainly no Reagan and not even Slick Willy, he is acting to create a persona. Most talking heads that I've read agree that Trump was trying to bait Biden into a gaffe. But Biden was the guy who actually baited Trump into telling his Proud Boys to "stand by." And Trump's bullying persona doesn't play well with the women and suburban votes Trump has hemmoraged, and the state gopers not tied to Trump, are …. deflated.

We have the VP debate next, and I'm not fan of Pence's ties to fundy Xianity, but he is noted for treating people with civility. I doubt he'll go Trump's "black ho" with Harris. And frankly its a good thing Harris isn't a ho because Trump certainly can't be trusted around them, and like most "preacher men" I think Pence would like to some walking. (-:

Then debate 2 is the town hall, where people asking questions, and the questions, will be vetted to make sure they are really posed by "undecided" voters. So, while I'm sure Trump will gripe about Hunter, my guess is it'll be more "the democrat governors destroyed the economy … I wasn't involved." "Biden knows nothting about economics, and don't pay attention to the three trillion I just wasted when Obama got through a worse recession on a mere trillion" "Biden will be soft on Jina."
The "stand by" comment was over blown.
We all get a kick out of seeing those guys beat down some Antifa punks occasionally.
In fact, on more than one occasion, they have stymied the violence by running them out of an area.
I get what he was saying, and I agree with the testament. Most do. But as President, he can't say what most people can with out the left shitting in their pants.

I couldn't get past the very uninformed statement in your first sentence.

You need to tell that to the proud boys and Amazon. Amazon has removed proud boys merchandise that displays the stand back but stand by slogan.

Then there's the other tee shirt that just says stand back standing by. Which is a cue to trump. They are standing by.

They even made a new emblem.

View attachment 395640View attachment 395641

View attachment 395629

You seem to me, to be the one that is uninformed.

You like to believe the characterization of the corporate and left media.

Why not just listen to the organization and review the video?

Is it because it doesn't fit your narrative and you have to believe the antics of Black Bloc?

Seems to me?

If you support Black Bloc over what the Proud Boys support, you support destroying America, threatening Americans, rioting, looting, and burning, that is all there is to it.

The reason corporate America is suppressing the average American standing up to violent anarchists and communists tearing apart their nation, is because they have plans to use the uninformed mobs to oust the president should that not be able to do it via the ballot box in a color revolution. Information and organization are power.

Forum List

Back