Assaulted by Racist Karen Mom and Son duo for working while black

Assault is wrong but that doesn’t prove racism.
I agree. If I saw someone in my parking garage looking at vehicle tags and they had no visible ID badge or uniform, I would probably be suspicious, it would not be because of their skin color. I might call the police if he didn’t show proof. Yes, people DO have the right to ask questions.

No. Random strangers do not have a right to ask for a persons ID. She was neither his employer nor was she law enforcement.

I don't know why you're not getting this. I'm talking about his employee identification. Why is it unreasonable for a resident of a complex to expect what a stranger is doing in their parking garage walking around checking cars?

I don't like the way they handled it, but their initial inquiry is quite reasonable, and in fact most employers would want their employees easily identified.

And I’ll tell you to get the fuck away from my car. Open your mouth to me and you’ll see the back of a squad car when I call the cops on your ass. And it doesn’t matter if you’re white, black, green, or purple.
Do you think we care if you call the cops?Existing is not a crime. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I don't know why you're not getting this. I'm talking about his employee identification. Why is it unreasonable for a resident of a complex to expect what a stranger is doing in their parking garage walking around checking cars?

I don't like the way they handled it, but their initial inquiry is quite reasonable, and in fact most employers would want their employees easily identified.
It’s also reasonable to say - “Lady I don’t know you. You may not have my ID.”

Gladly. It’s happened before and the cops apologized. Y’all act like black people aren’t used to this foolery.
Sure they did (end sarcasm). The only thing the cop would tell you is to stop being an asshole and show some ID. Go ahead and refuse to show the cop an ID.

No he does not owe her anything.
As I said, racist blacks and other idiots create their own problems. Cops should have been called--it was the right thing to do. Shady asshole going car to car looking for one to take refusing to give his name or reason to be there---needs the cops called on him. There was no reason for this guy not to stat who he was---

White UBS banker mom is fired and her son is charged with assault after they confronted and called cops on black Tennessee parking garage attendant who was checking car permits in their building​

A white man has been charged with assault and his mother has been fired from her high-paying banking job after they called the police on a parking attendant at their Nashville apartment complex and tried to physically assault him in a filmed altercation that has since gone viral.

Edward Brennan, 27, was served with an arrest warrant last week after he allegedly took a swing at Johnny Martinez, who was checking cars for permits at the residential parking garage on November 27.

Amid rows of parked cars, Edward swung at Martinez after a 30-second exchange that was caught on video.

'Dude, seriously? You're attacking me, seriously?' Martinez asked.

'Get the f*** out of my building,' Edward replies, later claiming that he didn't attack or touch Martinez, despite the video footage.

'What are you doing here?' Edward asks, to which Martinez replies, 'None of your business.'

'It is our business, we live here!' Bitsy shouts.

Why do some white folks still believe that black folks hold some kind of obligation to answer to them.

This kind of thinking is what lead 3 racist to murder Ahmaud Arbery.

Martinez?

He was being SHADY-----and he works for a SHADY company---TOWING which basically looks for vehicles to steal and hold hostage for a ransom.
Sounds like somebody who has illegally parked before.
No wonder he wasnt wearing an uniform and concealing who he was---I'd called the cops on his ass too. Hard to tell a Towing Company thief from a regular thief---hell they usually both have criminal records as well.
Unbelievable.

"'What are you doing here?' Edward asks, to which Martinez replies, 'None of your business.'"

Was Martinez in Uniform?? Did he have a pass?? Hmmm....could be interesting Court proceeding's to follow.

Greg

Um; you have the same attitude to plain clothed cops??

Greg
By what authority did he have to answer ANY of their questions?

Wasnt it the black messiah barack obama who said if you see something, say something?
So if you see a black man working call the police, smfh.
The white mom is guilty of nothing
Nothing other than being an arrogant, entitled white woman
but junior did take a swing at the black guy

Does this call for the Deep State to swoop down and hold his hand?
If the black man would have pulled a gun and shot him, would he have been justified in his actions?

Try to read this slowly. You tell me what you’re doing here and show me an ID proving you work for who you say or you get told to get the fuck away from my vehicle and you’ll be getting detained for the police. Try to escalate the situation and you really won’t like what happens....
I’d tell you to fuck off. You have no authority. Go call the police and waste their time.

I’m trying to help you out here. Read this very carefully:

Fellow White Americans,

Unless you are the landlord, the employer, or law enforcement, demanding to see the ID of a black person will most likely prompt one of the following responses (or something similar):

“Fuck you”
“Who the hell are you?”
“Kiss my ass”
“I’m not showing you shit”
“No, let me see your ID”
That doesnt sound like the actions of a professional employee. If i get those responses from a guy looking into cars, im calling the cops instantly. If he is looking into my car, he is getting his ass kicked.

That doesnt sound like the actions of a professional employee. If i get those responses from a guy looking into cars, im calling the cops instantly. If he is looking into my car, he is getting his ass kicked.
You’ll end up with charges and likely being fired from your job. We don’t answer to you.

Do you think we care if you call the cops?Existing is not a crime. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Yes, you care greatly, obviously. Expect it to happen frequently when shady people behave like this.

Forum List

Back