Assaulted by Racist Karen Mom and Son duo for working while black

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina

White UBS banker mom is fired and her son is charged with assault after they confronted and called cops on black Tennessee parking garage attendant who was checking car permits in their building​

A white man has been charged with assault and his mother has been fired from her high-paying banking job after they called the police on a parking attendant at their Nashville apartment complex and tried to physically assault him in a filmed altercation that has since gone viral.

Edward Brennan, 27, was served with an arrest warrant last week after he allegedly took a swing at Johnny Martinez, who was checking cars for permits at the residential parking garage on November 27.

Amid rows of parked cars, Edward swung at Martinez after a 30-second exchange that was caught on video.

'Dude, seriously? You're attacking me, seriously?' Martinez asked.

'Get the f*** out of my building,' Edward replies, later claiming that he didn't attack or touch Martinez, despite the video footage.

'What are you doing here?' Edward asks, to which Martinez replies, 'None of your business.'

'It is our business, we live here!' Bitsy shouts.

Why do some white folks still believe that black folks hold some kind of obligation to answer to them.

This kind of thinking is what lead 3 racist to murder Ahmaud Arbery.

White UBS banker mom is fired and her son is charged with assault after they confronted and called cops on black Tennessee parking garage attendant who was checking car permits in their building​

A white man has been charged with assault and his mother has been fired from her high-paying banking job after they called the police on a parking attendant at their Nashville apartment complex and tried to physically assault him in a filmed altercation that has since gone viral.

Edward Brennan, 27, was served with an arrest warrant last week after he allegedly took a swing at Johnny Martinez, who was checking cars for permits at the residential parking garage on November 27.

Amid rows of parked cars, Edward swung at Martinez after a 30-second exchange that was caught on video.

'Get the f*** out of my building,' Edward replies, later claiming that he didn't attack or touch Martinez, despite the video footage.

'What are you doing here?' Edward asks, to which Martinez replies, 'None of your business.'

Why do some white folks still believe that black folks hold some kind of obligation to answer to them.

Literally tens of millions of interactions between blacks and whites on any given day, and this is the crap you find.

Last edited:

Go find us an entertaining Groid woman losing it. There are thousands of them.

it’s nashville run by dems…what do you expect? we see this in places like NYC as well…sad

I’m curious…how many white folks were raped maimed and or murdered by black folks this week?
Do you ever post about the aforementioned?

Doesn’t have to. Why should he?

Was he wearing a company uniform then?
Seems like the obvious thing to do would be to identify who you are if you're walking around in a parking garage looking for parking violations.
Seems reasonable to ask someone to identify themselves if you believe they may be up to something.

Why do we owe a stranger any explanation?

"We"?

It's called common courtesy. I would think most employers would want their employees to identify themselves if asked.

I'm not saying the two handled this situation properly, but it certainly seems reasonable for a resident to ask someone to identify themselves when they are not recognized, especially when the person is walking around in a parking garage.
I don't know if this person had a company uniform on, or had some readily identified other identification visible, or what the situation was.
If he was simply in street clothes, and no visible ID, then I'm not sure why he would have a problem being asked to identify himself.

"We"?

It's called common courtesy. I would think most employers would want their employees to identify themselves if asked.

I'm not saying the two handled this situation properly, but it certainly seems reasonable for a resident to ask someone to identify themselves when they are not recognized, especially when the person is walking around in a parking garage.
I don't know if this person had a company uniform on, or had some readily identified other identification visible, or what the situation was.
If he was simply in street clothes, and no visible ID, then I'm not sure why he would have a problem being asked to identify himself.
No. Random strangers do not have a right to ask for a persons ID. She was neither his employer nor was she law enforcement.

Martinez is black? Really? Doesn't sound black in the video. I've heard very few blacks with a Hispanic name and accent.

Martinez is black? Really? Doesn't sound black in the video. I've heard very few blacks with a Hispanic name and accent.
Travel more. There are plenty of black Latinos. Obviously you’ve never been to the Caribbean or the East Coast USA.
I agree. Because if he can't prove he's supposed to be down there he's trespassing and can be arrested.
He doesn’t have to prove shit. Who is she?

Travel more. There are plenty of black Latinos. Obviously you’ve never been to the Caribbean or the East Coast USA.

He doesn’t have to prove shit. Who is she?

A resident. Just like if you were in a gated community and someone there didn't recognize you. You can have to prove you live there or the cops can be called. Certainly can't actually hit this person but you can call the cops.

You have no idea if the property owner has given them permission to inquire with anyone who doesn't belong there. I mean I'm going out on a limb here, but this video doesn't tell the whole story. I don't think any of this silly shit should have happened and I'm glad nobody got seriously hurt but I know that when I worked security at a dorm in college I had to show my ID and credentials to anyone who asked because I was acting like a police officer and had a right to detain trespassers. It's just like a person asking a cop for the badge number. We can do that as citizens.

A resident. Just like if you were in a gated community and someone there didn't recognize you. You can have to prove you live there or the cops can be called. Certainly can't actually hit this person but you can call the cops.

You have no idea if the property owner has given them permission to inquire with anyone who doesn't belong there. I mean I'm going out on a limb here, but this video doesn't tell the whole story. I don't think any of this silly shit should have happened and I'm glad nobody got seriously hurt but I know that when I worked security at a dorm in college I had to show my ID and credentials to anyone who asked because I was acting like a police officer and had a right to detain trespassers. It's just like a person asking a cop for the badge number. We can do that as citizens.
She has no authority. She is not the landlord. Needs to mind her own damn business. Black folks aren’t going to prove shit to a random nosy stranger.

Forum List

Back