"Assault" Weapons

all guns are weapons of war,, FFS knives and sticks are weapons of war,,

time to tell the left to fuck off and stand up like men and defend the 2nd for what it was intended for,,
Yeah that is true but, lefties think AR-15's are fully auto guns akin to the weapons the Military uses. A lot of them have been brainwashed by the radical so-called 'liberals' and I thought posting TRUTH about what an AR-15 really is, a few might get more educated. Let's face it, those items you mentions COULD be weapons of war but, you will most likely not win a confrontation armed with an AR-15 against a full-auto M27 IAR.

View attachment 487787

I don't think I agree.
Full auto is more effective than single shot if there is a large body of people involved, but is fairly useless in an insurgency where surprise and stealthy only requires a single shot at a time.

I dont worry about what stupid people think or say,,

I just remind them that the 2nd was specific for weapons of war and tell them to fuck off
Those stupid people control the anti-gun propaganda and a good portion of our law making body.
more the reason to stand against them instead of being controlled by them,,,

But then if you say the 2nd is for weapons of war, they will counter with what about machineguns, mortars, bazookas, tanks, atomic bombs, etc.? So it is a opening you don't want to bring up.
They will also counter by saying we don't need citizen soldiers any more because we have a standing army and National Guard. You don't end the argument by saying the 2nd Amendment was for weapons of war.

I dont worry about what stupid people think or say,,

I just remind them that the 2nd was specific for weapons of war and tell them to fuck off
Those stupid people control the anti-gun propaganda and a good portion of our law making body.
more the reason to stand against them instead of being controlled by them,,,

But then if you say the 2nd is for weapons of war, they will counter with what about machineguns, mortars, bazookas, tanks, atomic bombs, etc.? So it is a opening you don't want to bring up.
They will also counter by saying we don't need citizen soldiers any more because we have a standing army and National Guard. You don't end the argument by saying the 2nd Amendment was for weapons of war.
just laugh at them and ask if they think biden should have a nuke,,, I am all for banning them outright,,

any weapon that can be handled and used by an individual is what the 2nd was intended,, including full auto, bazookas, rocket launchers and tanks,,,

you either support the 2nd or you dont,, its that simple,,

Uh....NO....."Your AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle, nor is it a “weapon of war.” Even if it was, you can’t find ammo these days. Without ammo, your rifle is just a club."

1. "The AR stands for Armalite Rifle (not assault rifle) because the gun was developed by a company called “Armalite.”
  2. It is not an “assault rifle.”
  3. It’s not a machine gun either. It’s semi-automatic. One trigger squeeze gets you one commie stopper.
  4. They are not used in a majority of mass shootings.
  5. The Assault Weapons ban of 1994 didn’t keep ONE rifle from being made. It just called for certain gun modifications, like no lug for a bayonet (you know, to curb all the mass bayonet murders), no high-cap mags, flash suppressors, collapsible stocks, and no pistol grips.
  6. Big, scary AR-15s actually come in many pretty colors. Great Lakes Fire Arms makes one in black cherry. You can find them in camo pink.
  7. More people are murdered every year by edged weapons (knives, swords, Ginsus, etc.) than by ALL rifles combined (ARs, hunting, Civil War reenactors, etc.).
  8. More people are murdered every year by feet and fists (Kung Fu, Krav Maga, punches) than by ALL rifles combined."
Wrong.

An assault weapon is whatever a given lawmaking body determines it to be, not the military, not gun manufacturers, not message board posters, and not pjmedia, lol.

Uh....NO....."Your AR-15 is NOT an assault rifle, nor is it a “weapon of war.” Even if it was, you can’t find ammo these days. Without ammo, your rifle is just a club."

1. "The AR stands for Armalite Rifle (not assault rifle) because the gun was developed by a company called “Armalite.”
  3. It’s not a machine gun either. It’s semi-automatic. One trigger squeeze gets you one commie stopper.
  5. The Assault Weapons ban of 1994 didn’t keep ONE rifle from being made. It just called for certain gun modifications, like no lug for a bayonet (you know, to curb all the mass bayonet murders), no high-cap mags, flash suppressors, collapsible stocks, and no pistol grips.
  6. Big, scary AR-15s actually come in many pretty colors. Great Lakes Fire Arms makes one in black cherry. You can find them in camo pink.
  7. More people are murdered every year by edged weapons (knives, swords, Ginsus, etc.) than by ALL rifles combined (ARs, hunting, Civil War reenactors, etc.).
  8. More people are murdered every year by feet and fists (Kung Fu, Krav Maga, punches) than by ALL rifles combined."
Wrong.

An assault weapon is whatever a given lawmaking body determines it to be, not the military, not gun manufacturers, not message board posters, and not pjmedia, lol.
your premise is a lie,,,

Wrong.

You are correct that the term "Assault Weapon" can be anything the legislature decides, including a banana or a tiffany lamp. A term of art in legislation can mean anything the legislature decides.

Hell, for purposes of legislation, Congress could even define a "Assault Rifle" as a used condom or a rusty nail. But, that's where the definition ends and it does not change the actual definition of industry items.

The industry term for a weapon that shots both semi-auto and full-auto/burst (select fire), and fires a medium-sized cartridge, is an Assault Rifle, so named after the Sturmgewehr 44:
300px-Sturmgewehr44_noBG.jpg

sturm - literally translated as "storm" but means "assault"
gewehr - rifle

The Germans solved a problem all forces faced in fighting both open-field and city battles. Mixing two types of weapons into one to eliminate the need for different weapons within a unit. Most military units needed be able to fight in the open-field, then take a city. They needed a rifle that would do both, which needed cartridge that would be effective at 300m and still be ideal and light enough for city or house-to-house combat.

The MP40 was for city fighting:
220px-MP_40_AYF_3.JPG
9_19_parabellum_FMJ.jpg

Fires 9mm pistol rounds and is full-auto. Great for close quarter combat or CQC.

The open-field rifle used by Germany was the Karabiner 98 kurz:

400px-Kar_98K_mod01_noBG.png
220px-8x57.jpg

Which is bolt-action and fired the big-ass 7.92x57 Mauser cartridge.

Combine the two:
300px-Sturmgewehr44_noBG.jpg
220px-45.7.92x33.jpg

It shoots a stumpy looking version of the large rifle cartridge.

That paved the way for other rifles in the same or similar class.

AK47:
300px-AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg
300px-7.62x39_-_FMJ_-_1.jpg

Fires the 7.62.39, but technically, the AK is not an assault rifle, because it does not have select fire. It only fires in full-auto mode.

ArmaLite AR15:
ArmaLite_AR-15_SPAR_3240_DEC._17._2004.png
GP90.jpg

Some argue that the cartridge is not intermediate, and therefore the AR15 it is not technically an assault rifle. I disagree, but I digress.

So, while Congress can use the term "Assault Weapon" it's still bullshit when it comes to actually defining a weapon with the appropriate capacity for the industry term "Assault Rifle."

Either way, Congress should not have ANY authority over the regulation or ANY arms, PERIOD. All federal firearms laws are, and should be declared unconstitutional.

If America banned all rifles and scatter guns tomorrow it would make NO DENT in our crime because very few people take a long gun out on the street to commit crime. You can't hide them and they are awkward in tight quarters.

The AR-15 is a little pop gun./ Plink. Plink. Plink.

You can get ammo if you were smart enough to buy something not in heavy demand, but I just checked, and compared to years ago when I stocked up big (and folks were already complaining of the price), you will now pay about 500% more.

I am standing up for the 2nd amendment. I own guns. I know that every American citizen has the right to keep and bear arms. I realize that anything can be a weapon of war. Believe it or not, there are people who are ignorant of that simple fact. What will you do with them? Shoot them all? What are you doing to promote gun ownership and firearm education? Sitting in your underground bunker armed to the teeth and shouting about the 2nd amendment does nothing the change the direction in which our country is headed which is central government control of an unarmed populace.
OH PLEASE!!
youre the one playing the leftist game of "its not a weapon of war"

Actually, the AR-15 ISN'T a weapon of war. It is a fed approved STREET VERSION of the military M16. Similar in appearance. M16s are a weapon of war used in actual combat. I dare say not one AR15 has ever been carried into war by a US soldier.

The AR-15 is no more a "weapon of war" than any other single fire magazine fed semi-auto rifle (which is just about ALL of them short of bolt actions!).

I am standing up for the 2nd amendment. I own guns. I know that every American citizen has the right to keep and bear arms. I realize that anything can be a weapon of war. Believe it or not, there are people who are ignorant of that simple fact. What will you do with them? Shoot them all? What are you doing to promote gun ownership and firearm education? Sitting in your underground bunker armed to the teeth and shouting about the 2nd amendment does nothing the change the direction in which our country is headed which is central government control of an unarmed populace.
OH PLEASE!!

Actually, the AR-15 ISN'T a weapon of war. It is a fed approved STREET VERSION of the military M16. Similar in appearance. M16s are a weapon of war used in actual combat. I dare say not one AR15 has ever been carried into war by a US soldier.

The AR-15 is no more a "weapon of war" than any other single fire magazine fed semi-auto rifle (which is just about ALL of them short of bolt actions!).
a weapon of war is any weapon you have when youre at war,, a rock or stick will do if thats all you have,,

all that doesnt matter since the 2nd A was specific for weapons of war,,

OH PLEASE!!

a weapon of war is any weapon you have when youre at war,, a rock or stick will do if thats all you have,

Bullshit. Now you're just making crap up. Nothing is a weapon of war unless it is actually USED as a weapon IN war!!!

OH PLEASE!!

a weapon of war is any weapon you have when youre at war,, a rock or stick will do if thats all you have,

Bullshit. Now you're just making crap up. Nothing is a weapon of war unless it is actually USED as a weapon IN war!!!
rocks and sticks can and have been used in war,, and if an AR is all you have then it can also be used,,

Nothing is a weapon of war unless it is actually USED as a weapon IN war!!!
rocks and sticks can and have been used in war,, and if an AR is all you have then it can also be used,,

How does any of that contradict what I said? Problem is that no AR15 ever has or ever will be used in a war.
so know you can read the future and also know what every person in the world has done with their AR,,

any suggestions on stocks to buy??

as I said it doesnt matter cause the 2nd A is specific for weapons of war,,

How does any of that contradict what I said? Problem is that no AR15 ever has or ever will be used in a war.
so know you can read the future and also know what every person in the world has done with their AR,,

Look, no other country is going to take AR15s onto the battlefield, they are not just "laying around," and our military ain't going to bring any when they have M16s, M4s, etc., so how are you going to use one unless you pull one out of your ass?

Don't speak in hypotheticals, if you can find an instance of an AR being used in combat, SHOW US!

The AR15 is a toy. The USA went to the M16 for a lighter, easier round and found the NATO 5.56 "adequate" for the task, but compared to the firepower of an AK47, they are a cap gun. The AR15/M16 is light, easy to cary and use, very modular but historically can also jam up on you in the field if gotten dirty.

Look, no other country is going to take AR15s onto the battlefield, they are not just "laying around," and our military ain't going to bring any when they have M16s, M4s, etc., so how are you going to use one unless you pull one out of your ass?

Don't speak in hypotheticals, if you can find an instance of an AR being used in combat, SHOW US!

The AR15 is a toy. The USA went to the M16 for a lighter, easier round and found the NATO 5.56 "adequate" for the task, but compared to the firepower of an AK47, they are a cap gun. The AR15/M16 is light, easy to cary and use, very modular but historically can also jam up on you in the field if gotten dirty.
so what youre saying is if all I or you have and an opposing force invades the country you wouldnt use your AR???

so what youre saying is if all I or you have and an opposing force invades the country you wouldnt use your AR???

I never said that. Do you have a comprehension problem? I said no AR15 ever HAS been used in combat anywhere I've ever heard! But if someday the USA IS invaded by a foreign military attacking us that our army, navy, air force, space force and marines couldn't deal with/stop and some of us pick up their AR15s to use in self-defense and it is declared a war, then yes, you can call it a "weapon of war."

Happy?

I never said that. Do you have a comprehension problem? I said no AR15 ever HAS been used in combat anywhere I've ever heard! But if someday the USA IS invaded by a foreign military attacking us that our army, navy, air force, space force and marines couldn't deal with/stop and some of us pick up their AR15s to use in self-defense and it is declared a war, then yes, you can call it a "weapon of war."

Happy?
have you talked to everyone in the world that has ever been in a war/conflict??

I doubt it,,

any weapon at hand is a weapon of war,,,

have you talked to everyone in the world that has ever been in a war/conflict??

Don't need to. I'm not the one making an unsupported claim, you are.
I supported my claim,, any weapon at hand is a weapon of war if wars what youre facing,,

you made a claim and wont/cant back it up

al this means nothing when the fact is the 2nd was specific for any and all weapons including weapons of war,,

New Topics

Forum List

Back