Asked about "demand" and Paul Ryan has no answer.

R

rdean

Meet the Press

Check out Paul Ryan. His only answers are "cut taxes on the rich" and "cut taxes on Corporations". Duh!

When asked about demand, he seemed to not know what it means.

He keeps insisting we need to stick with what works. We know his policies don't work. Trickle down doesn't work. Even when over a hundred Republican Senators and Congressmen have created thousands of jobs from Obama's stimulus, he still says it was a failure.

He says the president is preying on emotions of fear. He says the president he never supported is a divider.

He is so full of shit. Just shocking that, but not surprising that David Gregory lets him get away with it over and over again. He says NOTHING that the president presents can be passed.

Now get this, when Gregory points out the payroll tax cuts, Ryan says it's a failed idea. Yet ALL of his policies are tax cuts. Does that make sense?

Ryan is a perfect example of Republicans. No ideas. Nothing for the middle class. Because if they don't have jobs or aren't "rich", according to Republicans, it's their fault.

Ryan says the REASON the Bush tax cuts didn't work is because they aren't "permanent". I'm stunned.

He used that SAME dumb canard that if you take ALL the money from the rich, it wouldn't run the country for more than a couple of months. Well if that's true, then "trickle down" certainly wouldn't work. He talks about "redistribution of wealth". Well fuck. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!! What is with these Republicans?

Meet the Press

Check out Paul Ryan. His only answers are "cut taxes on the rich" and "cut taxes on Corporations". Duh!

He keeps insisting we need to stick with what works. We know his policies don't work. Trickle down doesn't work. Even when over a hundred Republican Senators and Congressmen have created thousands of jobs from Obama's stimulus, he still says it was a failure.

He says the president is preying on emotions of fear. He says the president he never supported is a divider.

He is so full of shit. Just shocking that, but not surprising that David Gregory lets him get away with it over and over again. He says NOTHING that the president presents can be passed.

Now get this, when Gregory points out the payroll tax cuts, Ryan says it's a failed idea. Yet ALL of his policies are tax cuts. Does that make sense?

Ryan is a perfect example of Republicans. No ideas. Nothing for the middle class. Because if they don't have jobs or aren't "rich", according to Republicans, it's their fault.

Ryan says the REASON the Bush tax cuts didn't work is because they aren't "permanent". I'm stunned.

He used that SAME dumb canard that if you take ALL the money from the rich, it wouldn't run the country for more than a couple of months. Well if that's true, then "trickle down" certainly wouldn't work. He talks about "redistribution of wealth". Well fuck. IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!! What is with these Republicans?

Apparently you have as much trouble with video as you do with reading.

When Ryan was asked about demand Ryan pointed out that the government stimulus tried by both Bush and Obama did not work, and that doing the same thing again is going to accomplish the same thing.

Did you pay attention to the first 2:44 of the video where Ryan talked about all the jobs bills the Republicans passed that never got through the Senate? Do you have any comment about how the party of no in the Senate is actually the Democrats?

Meet the Press

When Ryan was asked about demand Ryan pointed out that the government stimulus tried by both Bush and Obama did not work, and that doing the same thing again is going to accomplish the same thing.

Did you pay attention to the first 2:44 of the video where Ryan talked about all the jobs bills the Republicans passed that never got through the Senate? Do you have any comment about how the party of no in the Senate is actually the Democrats?

Give me a break. He says Republican jobs bills are stalled in the Senate BUT COULDN'T NAME A SINGLE ONE. NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!! Cut taxes for the rich and subsidies for companies are NOT "jobs bills".

One reason why he couldn't name any. Because there aren't any. Remember, "Government can't make jobs". Why would anything believe Republicans would have a "jobs" bill. They say government can't make jobs. Duh! No, not just "Duh", but "Double DUH!"

As far as the stimulus not working, seems there are well over a hundred Republican congressmen that seemed to make it work. Here is a list of them and what they spent the money on. Oops.

Stimulating Hypocrisy: 114 Lawmakers Block Recovery While Taking Credit For Its Success

Meet the Press

Give me a break. He says Republican jobs bills are stalled in the Senate BUT COULDN'T NAME A SINGLE ONE. NOT ONE!!!!!!!!!! Cut taxes for the rich and subsidies for companies are NOT "jobs bills".

One reason why he couldn't name any. Because there aren't any. Remember, "Government can't make jobs". Why would anything believe Republicans would have a "jobs" bill. They say government can't make jobs. Duh! No, not just "Duh", but "Double DUH!"

As far as the stimulus not working, seems there are well over a hundred Republican congressmen that seemed to make it work. Here is a list of them and what they spent the money on. Oops.

Stimulating Hypocrisy: 114 Lawmakers Block Recovery While Taking Credit For Its Success

ha....

I love progressive denial...

Meet the Press

Seriously, RDean...why would you even post that interview? Paul Ryan sat there very calmly answering each and every one of David Gregory's questions with a thoughtful, concise position. He isn't reading canned lines off note cards or a teleprompter. He's perfectly comfortable talking economic policy right off the cuff. The reason Ryan can go do NBC without batting an eye is that he knows his shit when it comes to the economy and isn't phased at all when someone like Gregory repeatedly hits him with Obama's 2012 re-election talking points. I'm not surprised that you didn't understand what Ryan was saying. I mean let's face it...when it comes to economics you're functioning at a fourth grade level and he's doing a doctoral thesis.

What's really funny is that you think that interview proves Ryan doesn't understand economics. What it DOES...is prove that Ryan understands it much better than anyone in the Obama Administration. It's interviews like that one that make me wish Ryan had run for President. Unlike Obama...he actually has a clue.

ha....

They'll be the down fall of western Civilization!

ha....

They'll be the down fall of western Civilization!

That's their goal.

Meet the Press

He did name one when he made the point that it was the Democrats who are not doing anything.

Which reminds me, has Reid let Obama's jobs bill come up for a vote yet?

Your list doesn't prove the stimulus worked, it proves politicians like to get money to throw around at home to buy votes. I am not surprised you do not know the difference though. Tell me something, if the stimulus worked why didn't it work when Bush did it?

I can see why so many wanted Paul Ryan to run for President, to bad his record is so hit or miss, prolly why he won't run, it could destroy him if he didn’t win the nom..

He did name one when he made the point that it was the Democrats who are not doing anything.

Which reminds me, has Reid let Obama's jobs bill come up for a vote yet?

Your list doesn't prove the stimulus worked, it proves politicians like to get money to throw around at home to buy votes. I am not surprised you do not know the difference though. Tell me something, if the stimulus worked why didn't it work when Bush did it?

If the stimulus worked why are we doing it a fourth time... Bush did 2x Stimulus didn't he? Obama did a massive one and this is not to mention the Federal Reserve’s trillions spent in the background.

I can see why so many wanted Paul Ryan to run for President, to bad his record is so hit or miss, prolly why he won't run, it could destroy him if he didn’t win the nom..

He needs to spend some time in the Senate first, neither party has ever nominated a member of the house to run.

There's plenty of demand, its just that there isn't plenty of money in the hands of those who need,

Help the needy not the greedy.

Bu doing so you will actually help both!

He needs to spend some time in the Senate first, neither party has ever nominated a member of the house to run.

I think that's not true. But I'll have to check the record. It is very rare though.

I think that's not true. But I'll have to check the record. It is very rare though.

I could be wrong. I remember reading something about it, but it could have been about them not being elected. I would welcome a correction if you have one.

Meet the Press

(in best Rdean voice) What first 2:44 of the video? I know not what this 2:44 you speak of is.

Meet the Press

this has been posted repeatedly, yet you continue to pretend it does not exist.

Republican job bills ignored by senate - phillyBurbs.com : Jersey Tea
Below is a list of measures House Republicans have passed related to job creation:

Empower small business owners and reduce regulatory burdens:

H.R. 872, the Reducing Regulatory Burdens Act

• Introduced by Rep. Bob Gibbs (OH) on March 2, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 292-130 on March 31, 2011

• Senate has taken no action to date

H.R. 910, the Energy Tax Prevention Act

• Introduced by Rep. Fred Upton (MI) on March 3, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 255-172 on April 7, 2011

H.R. 37, a Resolution of disapproval regarding the FCC's regulation of the Internet and broadband industry practices

• Introduced by Rep. Greg Walden (OR) on February 16, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 240 to 179 on April 8, 2011

H.R. 72, a Resolution to direct committees to inventory and review existing, pending, and proposed regulations and order from agencies of the federal government, particularly with respect to their effect on jobs and economic growth

• Introduced by Rep. Pete Sessions (TX) on February 8, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 391 to 28 on February 11, 2011

• The Senate has not directed their committees to take such action

Fix the tax code to help job creators:

H.R. 4, the Small Business Paperwork Mandate Elimination Act

• Introduced by Rep. Dan Lungren (CA) on January 12, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 314 to 112 on March 3, 2011

• Passed the Senate by a vote of 87 to 12 on March 31, 2011

• Signed into law by the President on April 14, 2011

Maximize domestic energy production to ensure an energy policy for the twenty-first century:

H.R. 1230, Restarting American Offshore Leasing Now Act

• Introduced by Rep. Doc Hastings (WA) on March 29, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 266-149 on May 5, 2011

H.R. 1229, Putting the Gulf of Mexico Back to Work Act

• Passed the House by a vote of 263-163 on May 11, 2011

H.R. 1231, Reversing President Obama's Offshore Moratorium Act

• Passed the House by a vote of 243-179 on May 12, 2011

Pay down America's unsustainable debt burden and start living within our means:

H.Con.Res. 34, a Resolution establishing the budget for the United States Government for fiscal year 2012 and setting forth appropriate budgetary levels for fiscal years 2013 through 2021

• Introduced by Rep. Paul Ryan (WI) on April 11, 2011

• Passed the House by a vote of 235-193 on April 15, 2011

• Senate has not yet considered a budget of their own

you're a pathetic, partisan hack.

Forum List

Back