Ask a Catholic

I didn't attack you.

Sure you did. Practically you fired me out of your Catholic church - and I would not be astonished if you yourselve would not be a Catholic in your owen but only a starger person who tries to be more papal than a superpope himself.

Pointing out your inconsistency is not an attack.

Which inconsistency? You said something, that's all. And now you try to force me into a defense role - without to use any argument about anything.

I did understand your position on agnosticism.

I doubt this becauae you heard it the first time in your life in my way and I needed a long time to find this out.

I don't agree

Sure you don't agree. But this means absolutelly nothing without any reason.

with your position on agnosticism and how it relates to Catholicism. Your philosophy of "agnosticism" does not mesh with your Catholic beliefs.

Are you an allknowing entity?

Either you have knowledge of Christ or you don't.

What a nonsense. Did you learn from Christ to tie your shoe laces? And god is by the way also always new.

That is the inconsistency I am pointing out.

You pointed nothing out. You seem to have some wrong ideas about agnosticisim and do not like to change this ideas. If for example someone says 3+4=7 or 3+4=8 then this has absolutelly nothing to do with whether someone is a good or bad Catholic - whatever this could be.

You can't say you don't know if God exists or not and still believe that Christ is Lord and Savior.

Why not? Not to know god means not not to believe in god. It's in the opposite - who not knows needs belief. I'm by the way not happy about the word savior - I prefer the word "Heiland" in case of Jesus the Christ. Redeemer is the translation of this word. But this word also sounds strange to me. "Healer of all and everything" is this what I think about. Christ makes sane.

Those beliefs are mutually exclusive.

What is exclusive? Nothing is exclusive in the Christian religion.

Last edited:
Sure you did. Practically you fired me out of your Catholic church - and I would not be astonished if you yourselve would not be a Catholic in your owen but only a starger person who tries to be more papal than a superpope himself.

Which inconsistency? You said something, that's all. And now you try to force me into a defense role - without to use any argument about anything.

I doubt this becauae you heard it the first time in your life in my way and I needed a long time to find this out.

Sure you don't agree. But this means absolutelly nothing without any reason.

Are you an allknowing entity?

What a nonsense. Did you learn from Christ to tie your shoe laces? And god is by the way also always new.

You pointed nothing out. You seem to have some wrong ideas about agnosticisim and do not like to change this ideas. If for example someone says 3+4=7 or 3+4=8 then this has absolutelly nothing to do with whether someone is a good or bad Catholic - whatever this could be.

Why not? Not to know god means not not to believe in god. It's in the opposite - who not knows needs belief. I'm by the way not happy about the word savior - I prefer the word "Heiland" in case of Jesus the Christ. Redeemer is the translation of this word. But this word also sounds strange to me. "Healer of all and everything" is this what I think about. Christ makes sane.

What is exclusive? Nothing is exclusive in the Christian religion.

Stop being silly.

Did the Pope say "parents should love their gay children"?
I don't think that was the issue he was addressing, as he was speaking to parents who love their gay children. If I recall correctly, the Pope was assuring parents that God loves their children, and that the church loves them because they are children of God.

How many times do I need to answer that question before you remember it?

A good question.

I'm Catholic.

You are either a Catholic or you are catholic. So I guess what you call "catholic" is not necessarily the Holy Catholic Church (=Roman Catholic Church). Whatever - Question: Was god existing or not existing when he created the existence?

A good question.

You are either a Catholic or you are catholic. So I guess what you call "catholic" is not necessarily the Holy Catholic Church (=Roman Catholic Church). Whatever - Question: Was god existing or not existing when he created the existence?

More to the point, exactly when did he create it and from what?
Let him answer that with a believable scenarios. I'll bet he remains silent.

It is your claim that the Church seems "to want all its members to have children". The Church merely states that life is our greatest gift. Natural birth control is not a sin. Men who wish to marry do not become priests. No one is frog-marched into becoming a priest. It is both choice and calling.

Research shows about one of four men aged fifty and older have never married. The average age for men to marry is 29. Currently, they new high of unmarried men in the US population is 35%. Are you equally as eager for these men to marry? If not, why so eager to have priests marry?
Which is why despite being anti homosexual the church has so many gay and gay-pedophile priests.

Which is why despite being anti homosexual the church has so many gay and gay-pedophile priests.

Ooooooooh. That's the one that usually forces them to take a deep breath and mumble, he's got me there.

It's that hidden hypocrisy they hate being exposed. Consequently by attending church and giving money, they actually support the continuation of it. The drive to achieve eternity is far greater than the principles of human decency towards children. They are immoral and have the principles of alley cats.

God is so unlike us in many ways. Any description of God is both hard to understand and easy to misunderstand. The Bible uses three terms, and the last thing any believer of scripture wants is for anyone to conclude there are three Gods when God is One.

How do you best describe God?
Delusions

I don't think that was the issue he was addressing, as he was speaking to parents who love their gay children. If I recall correctly, the Pope was assuring parents that God loves their children, and that the church loves them because they are children of God.

There is no evidence any God has ever sent messages to popes.
It is presumption he did but it never happened.
No body of people hate gays more than religion. They have railed against for a hundred years yet you try to convince people that God loves them all.
Why is religion not following their gods wishes then?
Your theory is full of holes. The whole thing has nothing to do with any silly God. Its the ingrained hatred by godbotherers about homosexuality.

Get some facts and stop telling lies that God wants this or that. Its bullshit. There is no God.

When nothing was out of this nothing. But if it was in another way that's not really important for Christians - although it is astonishing that this 1700 year old thesis found a much more concrete physical background last century.

Last edited:

No one in the Catholic Church is against homosexual people. Better to say: no one is against homosexual people on reason of the Catholic teachings - but nobody is perfect.

A good question.

You are making this more complicated than it needs to be. Probably on purpose. I'm a Catholic.

God is eternal and unchanging. Ergo God has always existed. Your question should have been was god existing or not existing when he created OUR existence? The answer to that question is yes. God is eternal and unchanging. God has always existed. God IS existence. Which is why god is I AM. Which is a statement of existence.

Approximately 14 billion years ago. The universe was not created from pre-existing matter. God created the universe from nothing.

You lose the bet.

In fact, the percentage of homosexual (not to mention pedophile) population in the Church is less than the percentage of the general population outside the Church. Further, the Church's approach to homosexuality is not "anti" but rather to work with them. That approach is that no one needs to act on every inclination we have. Adultery and sex outside of marriage are other examples of this. Also included are gluttony, sloth, etc.

Not worth living up to? We are beginning to see this in our public schools as well. Since too many are not doing well on SATs and PSATs, let's not require them. Also, we need to improve our numbers on high school graduation, so at least one state wants to drop the requirements on graduates mastering reading and writing just so the number of high school graduates rise.

Delusions
Which leads to the question: Do you believe we are the highest form of intelligent life in the universe? Or does 'delusion' indicate we may be the least intelligent form of life on this planet?

You are making this more complicated than it needs to be. Probably on purpose. I'm a Catholic.

Aha. ... Then why do you have a problem with this what I said? ... You converted from which religion? ...

God is eternal and unchanging. Ergo God has always existed. ...

But time has a beginning - so there was once no time where no time was. And the silly Catholic teacher Augustinus said about 1700 years ago the mighty creating word of god had been a timeless word.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back