Ashers gay cake court case couple say they have done nothing wrong

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
2016-02-01_new_16524689_I3.JPG

Daniel and Amy McArthur relax at home

In an exclusive first interview, Daniel and Amy McArthur tell Laurence White why their strong Christian faith underpins bid to overturn Ashers 'same-sex cake' ruling.

Ashers gay cake court case couple say they have done nothing wrong - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Melissa and Aaron Klein, owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa, cited religious beliefs when they refused to bake a wedding cake for Laurel and Rachel Bowman-Cryer more than two years ago.

The couple were awarded the damages in July by Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian for emotional suffering, saying the owners had violated the women’s civil rights by discriminating on the basis of their sexual orientation. They were also slapped with a gag order that prohibited them from speaking publicly about their refusal to participate in or bake wedding cakes for same-sex marriages.

The Kleins have filed an appeal of the ruling and are defying the order to pay. They’re claiming financial hardship although crowdfunding efforts have raised more than $500,000 on their behalf, according to The Oregonian.

Oregon bakery owners refuse to pay damages in gay wedding cake case | Fox News

why don't the gays just go to a different bakery, no they have to make an issue about it.

Why didn't those black people go to a different store, no they have to make an issue of it...

Oh, wait.

If these people feel that they can't sell wedding cakes without offending their Imaginary Friend in the Sky, they shouldn't sell cakes.

why don't the gays just go to a different bakery, no they have to make an issue about it.

Why didn't those black people go to a different store, no they have to make an issue of it...

Oh, wait.

If these people feel that they can't sell wedding cakes without offending their Imaginary Friend in the Sky, they shouldn't sell cakes.

It was what they wanted wrote on the cake from what I understand. The gays have to respect others rights as well, but no the gays win. Why would they try to force a bakery to make a cake, I'd want a cake by a baker who wanted to make me one. Its just to make a scene is all.

The bakers are defying the court's orders.

The court will seize their assets and jail them for contempt of court.

It was what they wanted wrote on the cake from what I understand. The gays have to respect others rights as well, but no the gays win. Why would they try to force a bakery to make a cake, I'd want a cake by a baker who wanted to make me one. Its just to make a scene is all.

It does't matter what they wanted written on the cake. The gays have rights. A business does not. Your business does not have a religion. If you find you can't morally be in that business, then don't be in that business.

I disagree, a cake making business is different. They can bake a regular cake, but to write what they wanted wrote on it is above and beyond.

These gays went to a Christian bakery on purpose just to start a lawsuit and make a scene. I don't care if gays get married, the divorce lawyers will make out great, but I do not have to bend over backwards and pretend I'm ok with it. A cake with special writing is "personal".

I disagree, a cake making business is different. They can bake a regular cake, but to write what they wanted wrote on it is above and beyond.

These gays went to a Christian bakery on purpose just to start a lawsuit and make a scene. I don't care if gays get married, the divorce lawyers will make out great, but I do not have to bend over backwards and pretend I'm ok with it. A cake with special writing is "personal".
I thought that we were all created equal in the eyes of God and the law ? If you refuse to make the cake I want because of your primitive beliefs then you are in the wrong game.

Mostly due to the fact that part of the mentality of these people (the homosexual couples) seems to include the desire to actively seek out those who disagree with them and punish those individuals for their disagreement with the politically correct position.

The bakers are defying the court's orders.

The court will seize their assets and jail them for contempt of court.

While you jerk off in the corner, gleeful with government forcing people to do things they don't want to do.

Wank Wank Wank goes the farkey.

It does't matter what they wanted written on the cake. The gays have rights. A business does not. Your business does not have a religion. If you find you can't morally be in that business, then don't be in that business.

So people lose all their rights the second they try to sell a good or service?

Got it you wanker.

The politics of CAKE !!!
We had the same bollox over here with a couple who wouldnt let a gay couple stop at their Guest House. They got a good snotting from the courts as well. There are reasons for these laws and bloody good reasons at that.

So, you wouls be prepared to see every small business in the US where the owners run their business based on values related to their association with their imaginary sjy friend to close their doors permanently?

WOW. Do you realize how many Midwestern towns would dry up and blow away overnight?

Forum List

Back