Ashcroft was Forced to Resign?

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
It seems president Bush needed a ''yes'' man like Gonzales in there... watching the capital hill hearings on this, certainly raises my respect for Ashcroft a level or two!

In his testimony Tuesday, Comey recounted Ashcroft's wife calling a Justice Department official that night informing her Card and Gonzales were on their way to see Ashcroft. She had banned all outside phone calls and visitors, Comey said.

He immediately headed to the hospital and soon after he got there, the White House officials entered. He said Ashcroft, who had been weak from gall bladder surgery, "very strongly expressed himself" regarding his objections to a classified program, but added that his views didn't matter because he was, temporarily, not the attorney general.
'An effort to take advantage of a very sick man'

Comey said Card and Gonzales then left the hospital room without acknowledging him.

"I was very upset. I was angry. I thought I had just witnessed an effort to take advantage of a very sick man who did not have the powers of the attorney general because they had been transferred to me. I thought he had conducted himself -- and I said to the attorney general -- in a way that demonstrated a strength that I had never seen before, but still I thought it was improper," Comey told the committee.

Comey told the committee that he and Ashcroft the week before had determined the classified program he declined to name Tuesday should not be authorized and had communicated that to the White House.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/05/15/ashcroft.nsa/index.html

I guess he had a little too much integrity to keep towing the Bush line.

Wait, this is the same man the left bashed over and over as a partisan right wing nutjob? Now when it suits you he has integrity and grit? And I see once again your making claims that simply don't match what you quote. Maybe you should sell us all the magic decoder ring that allows us to decipher the words BETWEEN the lines like you can?

Wait, this is the same man the left bashed over and over as a partisan right wing nutjob? Now when it suits you he has integrity and grit? And I see once again your making claims that simply don't match what you quote. Maybe you should sell us all the magic decoder ring that allows us to decipher the words BETWEEN the lines like you can?

Bingo.

Oh I see....YOU are saying that Ashcroft had no integrity and the Democrats were RIGHT about him in the beginning?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh..... makes so much sense! NOT......

So ret sgt..... Do you think it was okay for gonzalez and Andrew card to rush to the hospital to get ashcroft to sign off on the illegal domestic spying program that they wanted him to do....while he was incapacitated and very ill, to go around the law and the new appt attorney general that had legally taken ashcroft's spot during his illness?

Or do you just think that because the democrats did not like Ashcroft when he was first appointed by bush, that the TESTIMONY of this Asst Deputy Attorney General regarding what took place in the Hospital room of Ashcraft by Gonzalez is IRRELEVANT?

make a valid point about the article please instead of this petty partisan garbage.... you are better than that, aren't you?

Care

New Topics

Forum List

Back