CDZ As Trump gains, the Senate seems to be going blue

• Banned
It seems as if voter are hedging their bets as they vote Trump and a blue senate.

538? The dude who blew his big election prediction? The same 538 didn't change the percentage to 55% Trump, until after FL and OH got called and it was evident that PA was going to go for him?

Yeah, the credibility factor there is all shot to hell.

Maybe I'm wrong here...but the only incumbent Republicans that lost were Kelly Ayotte and Mark Kirk...both in Blue states and both anti-Trump. Mark Kirk...we knew he was going down. Illinois is firmly Democrat. Ayotte? It was tough. Hassan was a very popular Governor. Democrats also held Harry Reid's former seat. That's it...there were eight toss up races, Republicans took six of them.

Trump won Missouri by 19%...McCaskill is up for reelection along with 25 of her closest Democrat Senator friends in 2018. Think McCaskill is going to join the liberal obstructionist? I seriously doubt it...unless she plans to retire.

• Banned
Maybe I'm wrong here...but the only incumbent Republicans that lost were Kelly Ayotte and Mark Kirk...both in Blue states and both anti-Trump. Mark Kirk...we knew he was going down. Illinois is firmly Democrat. Ayotte? It was tough. Hassan was a very popular Governor. Democrats also held Harry Reid's former seat. That's it...there were eight toss up races, Republicans took six of them.

Trump won Missouri by 19%...McCaskill is up for reelection along with 25 of her closest Democrat Senator friends in 2018. Think McCaskill is going to join the liberal obstructionist? I seriously doubt it...unless she plans to retire.
On SCOTUS, if McCaskill think the nominee is an originalist, she will obstruct.

I make a little bet with you. If McCaskill doesn't obstruct, you admit you're a liberal...if she does, I'll admit you're a liberal.

Exactly.....we won the Presidency, the House, the Senate, and now control 33 governorships and a majority of state houses......and the clinton crime family and the obama agenda both lost ...HUGE.........so this thread is kind of silly.....Mark Kirk has been a rino for a long time.....and he couldn't out left a real lefty.......and Ayotte...did not support Trump......and lost......

I make a little bet with you. If McCaskill doesn't obstruct, you admit you're a liberal...if she does, I'll admit you're a liberal.
Whether she obstructs or not, I am never a liberal by the actual meaning of the political definition, any more than you are a mainstream American.

Exactly.....we won the Presidency, the House, the Senate, and now control 33 governorships and a majority of state houses......and the clinton crime family and the obama agenda both lost ...HUGE.........so this thread is kind of silly.....Mark Kirk has been a rino for a long time.....and he couldn't out left a real lefty.......and Ayotte...did not support Trump......and lost......
47 to 47 is not a "huge" loss. One seat short in the Senate. And seven red senators that can be lured away from Trumpism.

47 to 47 is not a "huge" loss. One seat short in the Senate. And seven red senators that can be lured away from Trumpism.

Not if they want to be re-elected............

Preview

Forum List

Back