As the rest of Europe lives under lockdown, Sweden keeps calm and carries on

Over 3,000 dead from covid-19 in Sweden
More than 3,000 people have died as a result of corona in Sweden. After 99 new deaths had been registered on May 7 the total death toll in the country is 3,040. 1,645 people receive or have received intensive care as a result of covid-19. 24,623 people have been confirmed to be infected with the virus. "An increasing proportion of the cases we find come from healthcare professionals as we begin to test more," says state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell.

Compared to others Sweden is doing fine.......and more of their people have already had the virus and not know it..................

The other Nations are not done with this ..........They have more rounds to go......as Sweden will be over this virus first.................

Sweden is doing fine? Who knew? Now at 311 deaths per million, the United States at 240 deaths per million.

If I'm not mistaken, that's about 30% more per million than the US.

05/09/2020

2020-05-09-X2.jpg
Yawn.............we don't have near as many infected per million as Sweden...........so we've delayed the numbers only in ROUND ONE..........

Tell me the data when the fight is over.........................

Wars are not won or lost in one battle................What is the R rate of Sweden now BTW.........and ours..........theirs fall below 1 and the virus goes away...........we are gonna get hit again in the fall..........

Yawn.............we don't have near as many infected per million as Sweden...........so we've delayed the numbers only in ROUND ONE..........

Wars are not won or lost in one battle................What is the R rate of Sweden now BTW.........and ours..........theirs fall below 1 and the virus goes away...........we are gonna get hit again in the fall..........

You lied. Period.

If you're so certain that we're going to get hit in the Fall, why won't Sweden have the same thing happen?

You lied. Period.

If you're so certain that we're going to get hit in the Fall, why won't Sweden have the same thing happen?
Moron.........because over half of them will have the virus already................

Did you sniff glue as a kid.............

You lied. Period.

Moron.........because over half of them will have the virus already................

Character%20I-M.jpg

What's wrong.
Your typical German Arrogance is wrong..............or Fathers stood by you against the USSR.......guess your arrogance forgets that. ...

Germany did not start world war 1 - that's an absurde idea. The Erzherzog of Austria and his wonderful wife were murdered from Serbs. Austria-Hungaria declared war on Serbia. Because of this Russia declared war on Austria-Hungaria. And so on ... until nearly whole Europe was in war with each other.

And world war 2 was started together from Hitler and Stalin. The USA supported in this war Stalin.

And "yes" - after world war 2 you slowly started to see in the Soviet empire a problem - more than 50% of the world were under influence of the Soviets meanwhile - and you helped West-Germany to fight against the Soviets and West-Germany helped you to fight against the Soviets (East-Germany fought for the Soviets). The Russian Soviet empire died in 12/21/1991.

And what exactly is now the reason, why you like to discuss about world war 1+2? What has this to do with Corona on Sweden and the situation in the USA - except that the "spanish influenca", which came in the origin from the USA, had killed about 736,000 Germans after world war 1 and was perhaps a first sign in a mad time of a coming bigger madness, which made a mad man to be the leader of Germany?

Last edited:
What's wrong.
Your typical German Arrogance is wrong..............or Fathers stood by you against the USSR.......guess your arrogance forgets that. ...

Germany did not start world war 1 - that's an absurde idea. The Erzherzog of Austria and his wonderful wife were murdered from Serbs. Austria-Hungaria declared war on Serbia. Because of this Russia declared war on Austria-Hungaria. And so on ... until nearly whole Europe was in war with each other.

And world war 2 was started together from Hitler and Stalin. The USA supported in this war Stalin.

And "yes" - after world war 2 you slowly started to see in the Soviet empire a problem - more than 50% of the world were under influence of the Soviets meanwhile - and you helped West-Germany to fight against the Soviets and West-Germany helped you to fight against the Soviets (East-Germany fought for the Soviets). The Soviet empire died on 12/21/1991.

And what excatly is now the reasons why you like to discuss now about world war 1+2? What has thsi to do with Corona - except that the "spanish influenca", which came in the origin from the USA, had killed about 736,000 Germans after world war 1?
LOL

spin doctor.............We only supported Stalin because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.................and FDR was WAY OVERRATED................

Hitler was yours............and got your whole country pounded into the ground........as he set up Gas Chambers to kill INFERIOR PEOPLE............YOU DESERVED TO DIE THEN..............same as the power grabs in WWI...........and the Turks............taking millions into the desert to torture and kill them......putting their heads on pikes and playing soccer with their heads......

You were on the wrong side of history........don't get on the wrong side again........or we shall teach your ass again why you shouldn't do it agian.

You lied. Period.

It's not the traget of the Swedes to force a "herd immmunity". You underestimate the discipline and solidarity of the Swedes. They use in many cases just simple the free will of their citizens.

By the way: We made a really working test for antibodies of Corona (sensitivity 100%, specificity 99.8% (shows in 99.8 only the Corona virus and not other viruses)). "We" is in this case the Swiss company Roche in Bavaria, Germany. So it's now possible to get valid data in context virus infestation of a bigger population. But still no one knows, whether someone is immune against covid-19, who was once in contact with the virus.

Last edited:

You lied. Period.

It's not the traget of the Swedes to force a "herd immmunity". You underestimate the discipline and solidarity of the Swedes. They use in many cases just simple the free will of their citizens.
It is exactly what they are doing there.....................Whether you like it or not........

And next fall............we'll see who was right or wrong here.

What's wrong.

And "yes" - after world war 2 you slowly started to see in the Soviet empire a problem - more than 50% of the world were under influence of the Soviets meanwhile - and you helped West-Germany to fight against the Soviets and West-Germany helped you to fight against the Soviets (East-Germany fought for the Soviets). The Soviet empire died on 12/21/1991.

And what excatly is now the reasons why you like to discuss now about world war 1+2? What has thsi to do with Corona - except that the "spanish influenca", which came in the origin from the USA, had killed about 736,000 Germans after world war 1?
LOL

spin doctor.............We only supported Stalin because the enemy of my enemy is my friend.................and FDR was WAY OVERRATED................

Hitler was yours............and got your whole country pounded into the ground........as he set up Gas Chambers to kill INFERIOR PEOPLE............YOU DESERVED TO DIE THEN..............same as the power grabs in WWI...........and the Turks............taking millions into the desert to torture and kill them......putting their heads on pikes and playing soccer with their heads......

You were on the wrong side of history........don't get on the wrong side again........or we shall teach your ass again why you shouldn't do it agian.

From my point of view "you" made a lot of things wrong in history. One of your mistakes was it to go in world war 1. But this is unimportant now. You personally are not able to change anything in the mistakes your nation made - and I am also not able to change anything in the mistakes my nation made once. But we are able to change now something in the mistakes, which will cause a future, in which no one likes to live or no one is able to live.

You lied. Period.

It is exactly what they are doing there.....................Whether you like it or not........

And next fall............we'll see who was right or wrong here.

You are wrong. A "herd immunity" (if this is possible in case of the Corona-2 virus, what still no one knows) is something what happens alone. This is not the problem. The problem is a health care system, which is not able to help any longer. Do you know what happens when you are not able to breathe? The covid-19 patients need often for 4-5 weeks a respirator.

my point of view "you" made a lot of things wrong in history. One of your mistakes was it to go in world war 1.
Yeah, it would be interesting to see. Germany winning in WWI wouldnt have caused consequences whilch led to WWII.

my point of view "you" made a lot of things wrong in history. One of your mistakes was it to go in world war 1.
Yeah, it would be interesting to see. Germany winning in WWI wouldnt have caused consequences whilch led to WWII.
Whoever lost (the UK, France, Russia anybody else) in WWI - they want revanche in WWII.
Nazi Britain + Soviet France vs German Democratic Republic + Holy Orthodoxal Empire, for example.
War is enevitable as winter.

Whoever lost (the UK, France, Russia anybody else) in WWI - they want revanche in WWII.
Nazi Britain + Soviet France vs German Democratic Republic + Holy Orthodoxal Empire, for example.
War is enevitable as winter.

Keeps the problem that wars have results and one of the worst results is to lose a war. There's only one much more worse result: To win a war. And what you call "inevitable" was often averted in history. But no one knows anything about wars, which were averted. Good deeds in general are often as invisible as god is invisible.

By the way: This sentence means for example not it's not good to be in war against the Corona-2 virus. In the English language I use the phrase "war on Corona" on reason of motivation from time to time on my own. The argument "herd immunity" is in this context the call to give up and to let the nature solve the problem. Most seem to forget that nature is cruel sometimes. We are also able to fight, to produce enough protective clothing and masks. We are able to learn more about our enemy, while we fight for the survival of his victims. We are able to create specific medicaments and vaccines - while we fight with quarantines and other methods to win more lifes and more time. And we are also able to find new ways and methods, which we still don't know now - if for example something like a "herd immunity" should not be possible in this concrete context. And in a worst case scenario we could inform a following intelligent species, what had happened and what we made wrong. This will be perhaps a better chance for their survival.

Last edited:
This thread got a little twisted around.

Keeping an eye on Sweden.

As of today, they are at 3,200 deaths.

Acceptable or not...that is what they have.

They are also showing only 360 serious or critical cases (this is 2% of total cases).

I will be watching that.

They still seem to be on a weekly reporting cycle.

Very interesting.

It has only been in the past couple of days that the death toll has started to increase significantly, rising by a third in a single day on Thursday and Friday, with 92 people now dead and 209 in intensive care. As he announced the tighter restrictions on Friday, the prime minister, Stefan Löfven, warned that the coming weeks and months would be tough.

But he defended the decision not to implement the tighter restrictions seen in Denmark, France and the UK. “We all, as individuals, have to take responsibility. We can’t legislate and ban everything,” he said. “It is also a question of commonsense behaviour.”

Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s state epidemiologist, believes it is counterproductive to bring in the tightest restrictions at too early a stage. “As long as the Swedish epidemic development stays at this level,” he tells the Observer, “I don’t see any big reason to take measures that you can only keep up for a very limited amount of time.”

It's always good to see another take on the experiment.

I think Italy, France, Spain are in lockdown and their cases are going way way up.....If they turn soon...great.

We'll know something.

But unless Sweden gets really sick...we'll know something else.

Now that we've had time......

Very interesting.

It has only been in the past couple of days that the death toll has started to increase significantly, rising by a third in a single day on Thursday and Friday, with 92 people now dead and 209 in intensive care. As he announced the tighter restrictions on Friday, the prime minister, Stefan Löfven, warned that the coming weeks and months would be tough.

But he defended the decision not to implement the tighter restrictions seen in Denmark, France and the UK. “We all, as individuals, have to take responsibility. We can’t legislate and ban everything,” he said. “It is also a question of commonsense behaviour.”

Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s state epidemiologist, believes it is counterproductive to bring in the tightest restrictions at too early a stage. “As long as the Swedish epidemic development stays at this level,” he tells the Observer, “I don’t see any big reason to take measures that you can only keep up for a very limited amount of time.”

It's always good to see another take on the experiment.

I think Italy, France, Spain are in lockdown and their cases are going way way up.....If they turn soon...great.

We'll know something.

But unless Sweden gets really sick...we'll know something else.

Now that we've had time......

Stay away from Red State!!!

They are filling your head with propaganda nonsense!!!! :eek:

Forum List

Back