As the rest of Europe lives under lockdown, Sweden keeps calm and carries on

Very interesting.

It has only been in the past couple of days that the death toll has started to increase significantly, rising by a third in a single day on Thursday and Friday, with 92 people now dead and 209 in intensive care. As he announced the tighter restrictions on Friday, the prime minister, Stefan Löfven, warned that the coming weeks and months would be tough.

But he defended the decision not to implement the tighter restrictions seen in Denmark, France and the UK. “We all, as individuals, have to take responsibility. We can’t legislate and ban everything,” he said. “It is also a question of commonsense behaviour.”

Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s state epidemiologist, believes it is counterproductive to bring in the tightest restrictions at too early a stage. “As long as the Swedish epidemic development stays at this level,” he tells the Observer, “I don’t see any big reason to take measures that you can only keep up for a very limited amount of time.”

It's always good to see another take on the experiment.

I think Italy, France, Spain are in lockdown and their cases are going way way up.....If they turn soon...great.

We'll know something.

But unless Sweden gets really sick...we'll know something else.

Now that we've had time......

Stay away fro Red State!!!

They are filling your head with propaganda nonsense!!!! :eek:

Did you read the numbers ?

How is that propaganda ?

Please tell me.

And where do you go to get your propaganda (has to be somewhere because you sure do spew a lot of it).

1596345674086.png

Very interesting.

It has only been in the past couple of days that the death toll has started to increase significantly, rising by a third in a single day on Thursday and Friday, with 92 people now dead and 209 in intensive care. As he announced the tighter restrictions on Friday, the prime minister, Stefan Löfven, warned that the coming weeks and months would be tough.

But he defended the decision not to implement the tighter restrictions seen in Denmark, France and the UK. “We all, as individuals, have to take responsibility. We can’t legislate and ban everything,” he said. “It is also a question of commonsense behaviour.”

Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s state epidemiologist, believes it is counterproductive to bring in the tightest restrictions at too early a stage. “As long as the Swedish epidemic development stays at this level,” he tells the Observer, “I don’t see any big reason to take measures that you can only keep up for a very limited amount of time.”

It's always good to see another take on the experiment.

I think Italy, France, Spain are in lockdown and their cases are going way way up.....If they turn soon...great.

We'll know something.

But unless Sweden gets really sick...we'll know something else.

Now that we've had time......

Stay away from Red State!!!

They are filling your head with propaganda nonsense!!!! :eek:
Have you watched Sweden ? I have.

They are consistently averaging well below 10 deaths per day. You have other EU countries around them that have much worse numbers than they do and they are supposedly locked down.

Now, please tell me where the propaganda lies.

Sweden's mortality rate per 100,000 is much higher in Sweden than the two surrounding countries, Denmark and Norway, and their economy is in the gutter, even without shutting it down, and faired no better than these other countries around them, who did lock down.

They saved lives, Sweden killed more people per 100k, and they got no financial benefit. And now, because their infection/case rate is higher than those who shut down, those countries reopening will not let the Swedes travel there...So the Swedes are being held captive...in their own country...And no one wants to travel and vacation there....

This article is a little old, but explains some of it.

Also, they got no closer to herd immunity....

They are consistently averaging well below 10 deaths per day. You have other EU countries around them that have much worse numbers than they do and they are supposedly locked down.

Sweden? Really? They have a total population of 10.3 million. That's only a couple million more than the CITY of New York. Their deaths per million, a real indicator, far exceeds ours as does many European Countries.

2020-08-02%20%20%20Countries-X2.jpg

Sweden's mortality rate per 100,000 is much higher in Sweden than the two surrounding countries, Denmark and Norway, and their economy is in the gutter, even without shutting it down, and faired no better than these other countries around them, who did lock down.

They saved lives, Sweden killed more people per 100k, and they got no financial benefit. And now, because their infection/case rate is higher than those who shut down, those countries reopening will not let the Swedes travel there...So the Swedes are being held captive...in their own country...And no one wants to travel and vacation there....

This article is a little old, but explains some of it.

Also, they got no closer to herd immunity....

1. Lots of EU countries locked down with worse results that Sweden.
2. Their economy suffered because....surprise....everyone else locked down.
3. Did you see those numbers on death/age distribution ?
4. Europe is experience a resurgence and Sweden is still going days without a death.

So, the article is meaningless and they are now in good shape....real good shape.

Losing the elderly is what we've been saying all along....and that was their huge mistake. Most of those elderly were in nursing homes.

Sweden? Really? They have a total population of 10.3 million. That's only a couple million more than the CITY of New York. Their deaths per million, a real indicator, far exceeds ours as does many European Countries.

2020-08-02%20%20%20Countries-X2.jpg

Sweden has done just like New York in terms of declining deaths....with no lockdown.

Here is you age distribution ?

Post 161

Forum List

Back