As Sham Impeachment Trial Begins, Democrats Try To Re-write History By Denying Their Owns Calls For Violence

The Democrats didn't speak out against rioting during blm protests... is simply another right wing lie, regurgitated.

Top Democrats told Black Lives Matter activists to steer clear of violence
Multiple high-profile Democrats have spoken out against violence at Black Lives Matter protests, sparked by the death of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer in May.

On May 31, the fifth night of demonstrations, former Vice President Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive nominee, wrote in a statement that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

----------

On June 3, Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., the majority whip of the House of Representatives, told The Washington Post that the movement for racial justice suffers when it is “hijacked” by violence.

"We have to make sure we do not allow ourselves to play the other person’s game,” Clyburn said. “Peaceful protest is our game. Violence is their game. Purposeful protest is our game. This looting and rioting, that's their game. We cannot allow ourselves to play their game."

Clyburn said he encourages young activists to remember the “purpose” of their efforts: “to make a better country, a better world, for those who must come after us.”

“Breaking out a window will not contribute to that. Setting a fire, throwing stones at police officers, that’s destructive behavior, which will not contribute to anything that will make this a better country and make a better future for our children and our grandchildren,” he said
Clyburn blamed the riots on others............never condemned the leftist uprising.

Major fail.
There was no leftist insurrection or uprising, there were George Floyd killing, protests daily....

And renegade from all different gangs at night including boogooloo boys, and proud boys who killed people....

No one was trying to illegally and forcefully stop the certification of the duely elected President by a joint session of congress in the Capitol.....

You mean the protests and the riots, like in Seattle or Portland? The ones that were primarily Antifa and BLM? Those, riots, I mean protests that ended in shootings building being overtaken and blocks becoming miniature cities within the cities where police were not allowed and lawlessness occurred, lives were lost, those protests?
Yes, those peaceful protests during the day that were hijacked near every night by looters and thugs....

But why are you even trying to compare those protests and riots with this insurrection at the capitol to stop the electoral votes being counted by the joint session of Congress for the federal record?

Where do you even see the comparison? Other than both situations have peaceful protesters in the far ground?
No, CHOP in Seattle was strictly Antifa and BLM in fact BLM complained that Antifa was trying to hijack their cause, so you failed on that, the same with Portland BLM and Antifa controlled that city as well.

I am not nor did I compare the two, I object to the left downplaying what happened over the summer and claiming it was peaceful and BLM and Antifa were not culpable.

What happened on 1/6 was a riot and those that participated should be punished.

I am staying consistent, you are making excuses and trying to change history.

Now that the dogshit Democrats have rested their case I can listen to the hearing now.

The Democrats were absolutely batshit crazy and quite frankly sick in the mind.

The Democrats didn't speak out against rioting during blm protests... is simply another right wing lie, regurgitated.

Multiple high-profile Democrats have spoken out against violence at Black Lives Matter protests, sparked by the death of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer in May.

On May 31, the fifth night of demonstrations, former Vice President Joe Biden, the party’s presumptive nominee, wrote in a statement that protesting police brutality is “right and necessary” and the “American response."

“But burning down communities and needless destruction is not,” Biden wrote. “Violence that endangers lives is not. Violence that guts and shutters businesses that serve the community is not.”

----------

On June 3, Rep. James Clyburn, D-S.C., the majority whip of the House of Representatives, told The Washington Post that the movement for racial justice suffers when it is “hijacked” by violence.

"We have to make sure we do not allow ourselves to play the other person’s game,” Clyburn said. “Peaceful protest is our game. Violence is their game. Purposeful protest is our game. This looting and rioting, that's their game. We cannot allow ourselves to play their game."

Clyburn said he encourages young activists to remember the “purpose” of their efforts: “to make a better country, a better world, for those who must come after us.”

“Breaking out a window will not contribute to that. Setting a fire, throwing stones at police officers, that’s destructive behavior, which will not contribute to anything that will make this a better country and make a better future for our children and our grandchildren,” he said
Clyburn blamed the riots on others............never condemned the leftist uprising.

Major fail.
There was no leftist insurrection or uprising, there were George Floyd killing, protests daily....

And renegade from all different gangs at night including boogooloo boys, and proud boys who killed people....

No one was trying to illegally and forcefully stop the certification of the duely elected President by a joint session of congress in the Capitol.....

You mean the protests and the riots, like in Seattle or Portland? The ones that were primarily Antifa and BLM? Those, riots, I mean protests that ended in shootings building being overtaken and blocks becoming miniature cities within the cities where police were not allowed and lawlessness occurred, lives were lost, those protests?
Yes, those peaceful protests during the day that were hijacked near every night by looters and thugs....

But why are you even trying to compare those protests and riots with this insurrection at the capitol to stop the electoral votes being counted by the joint session of Congress for the federal record?

Where do you even see the comparison? Other than both situations have peaceful protesters in the far ground?
No, CHOP in Seattle was strictly Antifa and BLM in fact BLM complained that Antifa was trying to hijack their cause, so you failed on that, the same with Portland BLM and Antifa controlled that city as well.

I am not nor did I compare the two, I object to the left downplaying what happened over the summer and claiming it was peaceful and BLM and Antifa were not culpable.

I'm not making excuses, I spoke out against the riots, and thugs, and looters, and arsonists when it happened!

I AM CONSISTENT and YOU are not. I have recognized that good people like at the Trumpet rally goers there to protest are different from those who attacked the Capitol to stop the electoral count, the insurrectionists.

You blame ALL of BLM that are peaceful for the rioting at night... Yet you let off the hook those trumpers at the insurrection that were peaceful.

AND my postings on this thread have consistently said that the two events are not comparable, rioting may occur at an insurrection, but just plain ole rioting, is NOT an insurrection.... and just rioting, is not what happened on Jan 6th.

----------

Major fail.

I'm not making excuses, I spoke out against the riots, and thugs, and looters, and arsonists when it happened!

I AM CONSISTENT and YOU are not. I have recognized that good people like at the Trumpet rally goers there to protest are different from those who attacked the Capitol to stop the electoral count, the insurrectionists.

You blame ALL of BLM that are peaceful for the rioting at night... Yet you let off the hook those trumpers at the insurrection that were peaceful.

AND my postings on this thread have consistently said that the two events are not comparable, rioting may occur at an insurrection, but just plain ole rioting, is NOT an insurrection.... and just rioting, is not what happened on Jan 6th.
Read my posts on BLM, I understood the cause and I on many occasions said it is too bad that BLM was linked to the riots because it hurt their cause. Where did I let off on those on 1/6?

Forum List

Back